• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We should expect a direct early setember because nintendo needs to explain the online paid service. Do you guys think we should get a newcomer in this direct and if so, skull kid may appear or he should be saved to near halloween?
I think they'll probably just do a press release for the online service, not a proper Direct? I'm not sure, but I do expect a Direct no later than September to show what else they've got this year.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think one way he could have the moon as his Final Smash still is if it's a cinematic Final Smash of the moon crashing into Termina.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
You know, seeing as how Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game (and just plain one of my favorite games of all time,) you really would think I would've supported this guy by now. But hey, when there are so many characters to support, some fall through the cracks...sorry, Skull Kid!

But now, call it bandwagoning if you'd like, I find I'm inclined to lend my support. SK is actually starting to seem like a distinct possibility for a unique new Zelda rep, what with the moon assist, the leak, and this being probably the last Smash game we'll see his old rival Young Link in. It would just be too perfect to have SK throw down with YL in his trailer.

So I'm in. Please add me to the support list!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
"Clocks in" is kinda neat, though "brings a terrible fate" still is the best one. People who don't know Skull Kid will think he is this almighty evil overlord or something.
I think one way he could have the moon as his Final Smash still is if it's a cinematic Final Smash of the moon crashing into Termina.
Or he could have Majora's Wrath as his final smash. Much better than bringing the moon down, and it will spoil the final of the game show how awesome the mask is for people who never played the game.

Smash Apprentice
"Clocks in" is kinda neat, though "brings a terrible fate" still is the best one.
I think they will go with something like "Clocks in" or "Brings the House Down" because most splash screens are usually clever puns in some way that reference their game. "Brings a terrible fate" isn't really that much of a quip.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Well, well, well, how unexpected... Who was crazy enough to match the colors of the chairs behind Sakurai with Tael and Tatl? And the sofa with the color scheme of Skull Kid no less. If it wasn't because I saw on Gamexplain, I would have never noticed.

Definitely something weird there, too many coincidences: the Moon, Great Bay, and most importantly no Skull Kid AT. This certainly gives him some important chances.

I would want him in at least so his annoying AT is gone, like really!

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think they will go with something like "Clocks in" or "Brings the House Down" because most splash screens are usually clever puns in some way that reference their game. "Brings a terrible fate" isn't really that much of a quip.
Brings the house down has literally nothing to do with Skull Kid.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
"Clocks In!" is good, but it's very similar to Little Mac's "Punches In!" so I think they'd pick something else. I like using "Terrible Fate" in the quote, but we probably want a stronger verb than "brings" because that just sounds a little flaccid. "Brings the House Down" only loosely connects to him dropping the moon, and if that's not even his Final Smash, they probably wouldn't use it.

I still think something fun could be done using the word "unmasks."

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I support if only because I want to see a Legend of Zelda character who is NOT Link, Zelda or Ganondorf make the roster.

That being said, Majora's Mask was one of the better Zelda games and unique amongst adventure games in that the extras actually had lives, which is something I don't see emulated much even in games today. So MM for the win.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Can I be added to the supporter list?

I ended up watching a video of the Majora boss fight and it's made me intrigued about how Skull Kid could work in Smash. Majora's Incarnation is......certainly something.

I feel like I really ought to play Majora's Mask someday soon.

People think the furniture has no weight to it but it does. The furniture back at E3 hinted at Donkey Kong representation and guess who we got.

Smash Apprentice
People think the furniture has no weight to it but it does. The furniture back at E3 hinted at Donkey Kong representation and guess who we got.
This. If there were no other suspicious factors (like the Moon AT not having Skull Kid, the fact that he had a costume and AT in Smash 4, the focus on heroes vs. villains) I'd say people are reaching with the furniture. I do think it's a subtle hint and not a total confirmation, but it's clearly a tease for a very specifically colored character.

cybersai

Smash Ace
So a guy at neogaf who also says to have inside information confirmed Skull Kid is in and that loz18 was right:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...videos-and-more.1463068/page-2#post-253388869

He said he will delete this post in a few days to "protect himself" so some of you may want to screencap this post and save it. He also says Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia is playable, I have no idea how credible this guy is though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So a guy at neogaf who also says to have inside information confirmed Skull Kid is in and that loz18 was right:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...videos-and-more.1463068/page-2#post-253388869

He said he will delete this post in a few days to "protect himself" so some of you may want to screencap this post and save it. He also says Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia is playable, I have no idea how credible this guy is though.
It sounds like he's trying to verify the ResetERA leak. Which, for multiple reasons, is probably a BS leak

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Add me to the Supporter's list! I played every zelda game and majoras mask is my most favorite zelda game. I hope skull kid somehow will use his moonwalk in smash if he will be playable!

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
If Skullkid is the next reveal, then we will know for sure. :)

Sweet! How is this guy's track record?

Morbi

Scavenger
This. If there were no other suspicious factors (like the Moon AT not having Skull Kid, the fact that he had a costume and AT in Smash 4, the focus on heroes vs. villains) I'd say people are reaching with the furniture. I do think it's a subtle hint and not a total confirmation, but it's clearly a tease for a very specifically colored character.
Honestly, the furniture is just reaching in my opinion. That does not mean that Skull Kid is unlikely, but I would not argue that random chairs or whatever is the reason he is viable.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Yep yep this is great! Skull Kid is my most wanted Zelda character and Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game so, I can't wait to see what happens! There seems to be a good amount of evidence indicating that he will be a newcomer. It's about time since Zelda is long overdue for a unique newcomer.

Also, if we have Ganondorf as Link's villain, and Skull Kid as Young Link's villain, perhaps we can get Bellum (possessing Linebeck) as a Ganondorf echo to be Toon Link's villain? Maybe a reach, but would be cool.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yep yep this is great! Skull Kid is my most wanted Zelda character and Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game so, I can't wait to see what happens! There seems to be a good amount of evidence indicating that he will be a newcomer. It's about time since Zelda is long overdue for a unique newcomer.

Also, if we have Ganondorf as Link's villain, and Skull Kid as Young Link's villain, perhaps we can get Bellum (possessing Linebeck) as a Ganondorf echo to be Toon Link's villain? Maybe a reach, but would be cool.
I would honestly just prefer Toon Ganondorf, at that rate. But honestly, Skull Kid would be more than enough if you ask me.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I remembered being obsessed with Majora's Mask for the longest time when I was probably around 12 at the time. I literally begged my parents to drive me to a old retro gaming store just to buy a N64 and the game itself. Ever since I got it, it still remains to be my most favorite Zelda game all of time. So if the
leaks are true and if what people are speculating. I really hope we can have Skull Kid playable this time around.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
All this Skull Kid talking made me wanting to play Majora’s Mask so badly. I can’t wait to get through that masterpiece again!

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Unfortunately that leak has been proven to be false by the creater of the leak.
It was also made a day ago...

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately that leak has been proven to be false by the creater of the leak.
It was also made a day ago...
Aww man! Well I tried to see if I could delete it, but couldn't, so I just took all the info away since it's sadly been proven false.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
It was a leak that supposedly surfaced around in reddit and gamefaqs for being credible.
but it was debunked when the creater of the leak said it was fake.
(It was also made a day ago)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It was a leak that supposedly surfaced around in reddit and gamefaqs for being credible.
but it was debunked when the creater of the leak said it was fake.
(It was also made a day ago)
Why create a leak if you're just gonna disprove it the next day? If I bothered to create a leak, I'd just let it ride. Good fun for me, and also gives people (false) hope, which is at least something.

This one just sounds like a big waste of time. Moreso than other leaks, I mean, lol.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Why create a leak if you're just gonna disprove it the next day? If I bothered to create a leak, I'd just let it ride. Good fun for me, and also gives people (false) hope, which is at least something.

This one just sounds like a big waste of time. Moreso than other leaks, I mean, lol.
Yeah it was very disappointing to found that out.
A lot of people were believing this leak was true, so I guess the leaker had to stop
the hype train before many would be left with disappointment. lol

cybersai

Smash Ace
For what it's worth loz18 says "I'd love to be right" about Skull Kid being in Smash.

Top Bottom