• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporter list!!!

I’ve been wanting Skull Kid since BEFORE BRAWL. My #1 most wanted next to Chibi-Robo. But I was very honest about it and felt like he had a really low chance so I never PREDICTED him.

As the former OP of the successful Villager support thread, I wish this Skull Kid support community the best of luck! I can’t want to read everyone’s thoughts.

I’ll say this: Personally, the biggest piece of evidence to me besides the leaks is: brand new ‘Termina Field’ remix

UserKev

Smash Champion
To me, Skull Kid's TP look is incredibly inaccurate. Why that version when you can have OoT/MM Skull Kid? Its pretty common notice.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I would add a "Do not know" to the poll. I'm unsure either way if the Moon adds or doesn't add high chances for Skull Kid.

TriMaxTime

Smash Cadet
Body? Chicago; Mind? Somewhere off in the distance
NNID
WiiUMax
3DS FC
0602-6382-0071
Switch FC
2417-1622-0716
I never would have considered Skull Kid before this past direct, but I can totally see him being playable with a moveset based around masks! I wouldn’t be surprised if an Impa echo got announced along with him. It’s been a while since we’ve gotten a new Zelda rep.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
To me Skull Kid needs to happen. So far the only characters from LoZ represented in Smash are a part of the triforce. While Impa is not and another highly requested character, I think people would be surprised by how persistent and huge Skull Kid's fan base has silently grown. I've seen the opposite happen with Impa, who's fanbase seems to have shrunken. That's not to say it wasn't popular during the ballot days, but it seems that overall this game is nodding towards classic Nintendo/video game characters who have been overlooked for too long (Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont). I wouldn't be surprised to see more forgotten Nintendo favorites such as Isaac, Waluigi, and Skull Kid in the future.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid's Assist back in Smash U always did look the most heavily detailed of all the Assists back then

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to say that I would like to see him join the madness, and to count me as a supporter. After seeing the Moon as an AWESOME Assist Trophy, the mask not seen as part of SK as an AT also and likewise being part of the Mii Costumes in a way to be considered as part of the roster like Chrom, The Inklings and K. Rool (along with Geno). Crossing my fingers for this psychotic villain to join in, as having more villains in the game is always a treat.

:bowser:.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
That sounds about right. SK has a decent chance to be in the game, more than most at least.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Everything is leaning towards something possitive for my favourite Zelda character. Love it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Another good thing about getting Skull Kid is we are potentially having another spoopy newcomer trailer, the third in a row. Ridley, Simon and Skull Kid.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Another good thing about getting Skull Kid is we are potentially having another spoopy newcomer trailer, the third in a row. Ridley, Simon and Skull Kid.
Nice, glad to see fans of horror in here, if the newcomers can count for that.

I was kind of expecting getting Simon in an October direct but Nintendo decided to not wait for that and do it instead sooner.

Maybe Nintendo can do one and reveal Skull Kid then? Maybe? Perhaps? Possibly?

Please?

:bowser:.

TriMaxTime

Smash Cadet
Body? Chicago; Mind? Somewhere off in the distance
NNID
WiiUMax
3DS FC
0602-6382-0071
Switch FC
2417-1622-0716
While I would love Skull Kid as a playable character, and the evidence in his favor is piling up, there’s one more possibility I would like to raise. Perhaps Skull Kid is a boss character in this mysterious “Spirits” mode, similar to Dracula or Rathalos. That’s the only other possibility I’d raise toward Skull Kid not being playable.

Eagle

Smash Lord
If Skull Kid is a playable character, I wonder if Young Link would be able to don his Majora's Mask equipment. I hope for both!

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
And we'd finally have a creepy character on the roster! :)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
While I would love Skull Kid as a playable character, and the evidence in his favor is piling up, there’s one more possibility I would like to raise. Perhaps Skull Kid is a boss character in this mysterious “Spirits” mode, similar to Dracula or Rathalos. That’s the only other possibility I’d raise toward Skull Kid not being playable.
It's a possibility! I do think he's too small though, as someone else has pointed out. Most bosses are pretty big in these games simply because it's easier to hit them that way; if he is a boss at that size, he probably would have something closer to a regular fighter's moveset, at which point you may as well just make him playable. I mean, I guess he could just show up in cutscenes and unleash Majora's Wrath or something as the boss? But it would be a weird choice.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah he wouldn't be a boss, all Smash bosses tend to be huge. Remember the ones back in Brawl:

Petey Pirannah, Porky, Rayquaza, the two Ridley's, the two new Subspace emissary ones, Tabuu, or in Smash U the Xenoblade one, Boss stage Ridley, and Yellow Devil....all bosses tend to be giant characters.

Skull Kid is way too small, even if you count the transformers Majora's Wrath....he's not that big

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Yeah he wouldn't be a boss, all Smash bosses tend to be huge. Remember the ones back in Brawl:

Petey Pirannah, Porky, Rayquaza, the two Ridley's, the two new Subspace emissary ones, Tabuu, or in Smash U the Xenoblade one, Boss stage Ridley, and Yellow Devil....all bosses tend to be giant characters.

Skull Kid is way too small, even if you count the transformers Majora's Wrath....he's not that big
I always kind of lumped Nabbit as a boss with the other guys due to him showing up on the NSMBU stage, but I guess with that logic he really is more of just a nuisance than a boss.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I want a darkly lit Majora’s Mask stage also!
(Or at least have a nighttime version of Great Bay)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
A lot of the teases seem to be huge stretch, especially for Isaac.

Even Skull Kid hasn't been "teased" in a sense, there's just stuff help us out.

UserKev

Smash Champion
With all this supposed evidence, Skull Kid being de-confirmed would be acid on a wound. While Ashley's was harsh, at least she wasn't built up to this length.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think people are overstating how much teasing there actually is, and it's less teasing and more helpful facts.

Fact: Great Bay has been a prominent stage in promotion
Fact: We haven't seen Young Link assist trophy
Fact: Moon is an assist trophy now, Skull Kid is no where to be seen
And I guess his affects of the assist trophy are seen elsewhere, but I don't think that means much.

These however are not teases, they're facts. They're good facts for his chances, but that doesn't make theme teases.

Stuff like furniture is just stupid and embarrassing.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
A lot of the teases seem to be huge stretch, especially for Isaac.

Even Skull Kid hasn't been "teased" in a sense, there's just stuff help us out.
Yep, which is the reason why I said it was a speculation post.

I think people are overstating how much teasing there actually is, and it's less teasing and more helpful facts.

Fact: Great Bay has been a prominent stage in promotion
Fact: We haven't seen Young Link assist trophy
Fact: Moon is an assist trophy now, Skull Kid is no where to be seen
And I guess his affects of the assist trophy are seen elsewhere, but I don't think that means much.

These however are not teases, they're facts. They're good facts for his chances, but that doesn't make theme teases.

Stuff like furniture is just stupid and embarrassing.
Definitely agree those facts are more solid. And that we shouldn't get too overconfident.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ive always been open towards Skull Kid (well, most Zelda fighters in general, but thats beside the point). I think he would make a good addition, and now with K. Rool out of the way I'll gladly throw some support!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Gotta say I've always wanted Skull Kid but now that my biggest wants are all in I absolutely am in complete support of Skull Kid. He and Shadow are my only real wants now, and I seriously hope he makes it
I feel like the 'teasing' is reaching a bit, but I also can't deny that the Isaac stuff and the MM heavy use in footage is excitingly vague.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Within these past two days, Skull Kid has went from a character I thought would be cool to one of my most anticipated newcomers. Under normal circumstances, I would never believe something like the chairs and couch hinting at a new fighter, or the screenshot Sakurai tweeted foreshadowing Isaac, but this is a very different speculation cycle than before. Sakurai has already hinted at K Rool with the whole red eyes thing and possibly E3's background, so it is very possible he will continue to do this for fighters to come. We also know we are going to be seeing all the fighters before release, so it's not like he has any secret characters to spoil. I feel like it's very possible all these hints are deliberate and that they mean something.
With all this supposed evidence, Skull Kid being de-confirmed would be acid on a wound. While Ashley's was harsh, at least she wasn't built up to this length.
Ashley was actually similarly built up. We all thought everything was in her favor. No WarioWare representation outside of Wario and WarioWare Inc. Ashley's assist was missing. Tons of promotion. Wario was listed under WarioWare not Land. WarioWare Gold was new and having Ashley would help promote it. Erica Linbeck didn't reply about voice acting Ashley in Smash and Ko Takeuchi deleted Ashley support retweets. Even the red eyes thing supported Ashley's chances. Then we got assist'd. Skull Kid could just as easily be disconfirmed, but I hope that's not the case. He's still got a good chance.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Within these past two days, Skull Kid has went from a character I thought would be cool to one of my most anticipated newcomers. Under normal circumstances, I would never believe something like the chairs and couch hinting at a new fighter, or the screenshot Sakurai tweeted foreshadowing Isaac, but this is a very different speculation cycle than before. Sakurai has already hinted at K Rool with the whole red eyes thing and possibly E3's background, so it is very possible he will continue to do this for fighters to come. We also know we are going to be seeing all the fighters before release, so it's not like he has any secret characters to spoil. I feel like it's very possible all these hints are deliberate and that they mean something.

Ashley was actually similarly built up. We all thought everything was in her favor. No WarioWare representation outside of Wario and WarioWare Inc. Ashley's assist was missing. Tons of promotion. Wario was listed under WarioWare not Land. WarioWare Gold was new and having Ashley would help promote it. Erica Linbeck didn't reply about voice acting Ashley in Smash and Ko Takeuchi deleted Ashley support retweets. Even the red eyes thing supported Ashley's chances. Then we got assist'd. Skull Kid could just as easily be disconfirmed, but I hope that's not the case. He's still got a good chance.
I agree, I wouldn't usually believe the background theory, but when you consider the e3 room with the king k rool colored books and the rope and barrel, makes me think that maybe it is true for the skull kid couch and the fairy chairs, Sakurai is a mad man, and i can definitely see him doing this.

UserKev

Smash Champion
This is the plot twist I want for Shadow. Haha Please!

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
We should expect a direct early setember because nintendo needs to explain the online paid service. Do you guys think we should get a newcomer in this direct and if so, skull kid may appear or he should be saved to near halloween?

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
I've seen common incorrect arguments against Skullkid, and I made a post debunking them. This is for anyone that wants to use this information to inform others that use these arguments.

Incorrect: "He wasn't popular until like a week ago!"
Correct: He was actually the winner of the biggest poll conducted before Smash 4.
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-winner/
Probably the reason why he got an assist and Sakurai saying "I repeat, he is not playable, he is an assist trophy."
He was also later made into a mii costume. Both are suspiciously missing now.

Incorrect: "He's one off! He was only in one game!"
Correct: He is actually in 3 mainline Zelda games. MM, OoT, and TP.
At the end of MM, Skullkid says "you have the same smell as the fairy kid who taught me that song in the woods.". This implies he is the same Skullkid from Ocarina of Time.
In Twilight Princess. The Skullkid knows Saria's Song. Also TP and MM are in the same timeline.

Incorrect: "He doesn't do anything in his games! He has no moveset!"
Correct: Actually there are a lot.
Throwing a spinning Majora's Mask (it has spikes on the sides, and relates to the first phase of the boss fight).
Mask hair/tendril whip.
Dark magic
Instruments
Tatl and Tael (fairies)
Lazer eyes
TP puppets
Moon tear
Boss masks
Final smash cutscene could be Majora dropping Skullkid like a doll and then transforming into Majora's Wrath.
Taunt: butt slap. https://giphy.com/gifs/game-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-yETcfOWMlhdHq

Incorrect: "The Moon is an assist trophy, and Skullkid can only have the Moon as his final smash!"
Correct: Skullkid has more options than just the moon. Given that Young Link's final smash hasn't been shown, it is possible that Young Link has Fierce Deity, and is being saved for when they reveal Skullkid. Skullkid in turn could have Majora turn into Majora's Wrath in a FS cutscene.
Also his assist last Smash did not have the Moon. And the moon is actually in two places in this game (MM Great Bay stage and the assist) so there isn't actually a rule that the Moon can't be his final smash as well.
The moon being an assist is also in Skullkid's favor since we've gotten assists lately that are specific to a later reveal (Klap Trap for instance).

Did I miss any?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You say you are harsher towards peeps from returning franchises, yet you want Toad, Dixie, Isabelle, Meowth and Paper Mario... All of who are from returning franchise (you could make an argument for Paper Mario, but he still is from the Mario series). It is hard to understand that line of thought.

Anyways... I do agree that someone from a new franchise is more interesting (like a Rhythm Heaven rep would be), but Skull Kid is a really cool peep and also from my favorite game, so I want him in Smash. I think it is the same or similar for a lot of people here.
Yes. Those are the only *all stars* i consider left of Nintendo.
I love a lot of other characters (Isaac, Andy, Chibi Robo, Chorus Kids, Dillon)
I would love to see a few of them in...
but I think the characters I listed are the only definitively missing ones from current series.
...well, Paper Mario isnt the same series but stil..

Top Bottom