• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, there's not a chance in hell they're gonna reveal two brand new characters in the same trailer. The only times they've done that were with Charizard and Greninja, and Lucina and Robin. Charizard was a returning vet with an overhaul, and Lucina was what we would now can an echo. And both were from the same series.

Skull Kid and Geno have only the flimsiest of connections, they're not from the same series, and they would both be full, proper newcomers. They simply aren't going to share a trailer.

I still sincerely believe that unless someone insane like Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, Geno will be the final announcement. He's been heavily requested for years and he's technically a third-party character, so it only seems fitting to me to save him for last. I don't even want him, but I recognize his star status in this community, and I believe that Sakurai does too.

EDIT: This is before DLC characters, obviously.

Last edited:

Hero044

Smash Cadet
Yeah, there's not a chance in hell they're gonna reveal two brand new characters in the same trailer. The only times they've done that were with Charizard and Greninja, and Lucina and Robin. Charizard was a returning vet with an overhaul, and Lucina was what we would now can an echo. And both were from the same series.

Skull Kid and Geno have only the flimsiest of connections, they're not from the same series, and they would both be full, proper newcomers. They simply aren't going to share a trailer.

I still sincerely believe that unless someone insane like Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, Geno will be the final announcement. He's been heavily requested for years and he's technically a third-party character, so it only seems fitting to me to save him for last. I don't even want him, but I recognize his star status in this community, and I believe that Sakurai does too.
I agree (although I want geno in)
EDIT: This is before DLC characters, obviously.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the song in Skull Kids trailer was just Song of Storms.

It would be disappointing, but I could see it happening.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the song in Skull Kids trailer was just Song of Storms.

It would be disappointing, but I could see it happening.
I'm imagining Majora's Wrath, but I'm not sure!

Here's a thought--for his costumes, will they recolor the mask, or just his clothes?

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the Supporter's list too please. MM is the best Zelda game imo and one of my favorite games of all time, possibly my absolute favorite. I'd love for Skull kid to join the roster, and I think he has a real good chance.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm imagining Majora's Wrath, but I'm not sure!

Here's a thought--for his costumes, will they recolor the mask, or just his clothes?
I reckon just the clothes, Hyrule Warriors never changed the colour of the mask. So I do doubt Smash would as well

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Gentlemen,

This is our time.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Support +1
Possibly my favorite antagonist from the Zelda series, definitely a must for this game.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be great if a Skull Kid inclusion would point to a future Majora's role in the next Zelda game. Just as Smash serves as promotion for some future games.

Wishful thinking I know. It would be nice to have a recurring villain other than Ganondorf though.

Hero044

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be great if a Skull Kid inclusion would point to a future Majora's role in the next Zelda game. Just as Smash serves as promotion for some future games.

Wishful thinking I know. It would be nice to have a recurring villain other than Ganondorf though.
I know right, majora is so interesting

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
After missing out on the MM3D special edition with the Skull Kid figure due to scalpers, I'm really looking forward to hopefully getting a Skull Kid amiibo.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I wanna support skull kid. Besides ganon, he is the best zelda villain, and should appears in more zelda games and in smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alternate costume

In fact, I think it'd be cool if each of his colors had him in a different mask

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Alternate costume

In fact, I think it'd be cool if each of his colors had him in a different mask
Having different Masks would bother me. In a way I want Skull Kid to be a duo character. Skull Kid and the Majora's Mask. The Mask would be the source of his powers, I wouldn't want something else doing what the Majora's Mask does.

Of course I don't want him wearing the mask the entire time either, I'd like a few animations where he lifts it up to look around and such, or maybe a move where he tosses it as a powerful projectile, but leaves him vulnerable.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet

Would love that! A Majora's Mask of the Wild is my most wanted new zelda game!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Having different Masks would bother me. In a way I want Skull Kid to be a duo character. Skull Kid and the Majora's Mask. The Mask would be the source of his powers, I wouldn't want something else doing what the Majora's Mask does.

Of course I don't want him wearing the mask the entire time either, I'd like a few animations where he lifts it up to look around and such, or maybe a move where he tosses it as a powerful projectile, but leaves him vulnerable.
how about the twilight princess skull kid wearing majora's mask?

i imagine wed at least get a palette swap based on that

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I definitely expect a colour based on TP, and I'd like him to use the puppets too.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
in terms of his moveset I'd like to see something related to his AT powers. After all the mask was originally used to torture and in dark magic rituals. I'm pretty sure Sakurai and his team can come up with something creative, not necessarily related to anything shown in Hyrule Warriors.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I also don't like the idea of a different mask, because I expect the Skull Kid to be, if playable, the Majora's Mask Skull Kid. As in, being a mix of Skull Kid and Majora. If you change the mask, that makes no sense anymore. That is not to say he can't take stuff from his OoT and TP selves. In fact, he should have his flute from OoT and his puppets from TP.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So I've always been a heavy Skull Kid detractor.

I always thought he shouldn't be in smash as he was just a one off villain with a cool design but generally a non important character in regards to what should be in smash bros.

But after I got my most wanted in, K. Rool, I've had a change of heart. I'm all for Skull Kid now. He's got an awesome design, he actually has appeared in multiple Zelda games and the Majora's Mask and the Moon are SUPER iconic images in not just Zelda but in Nintendo and gaming as a whole. Bring on Skull Kid i'm all for him and I always love more villains, especially now that Young Link has returned.

Add me to the supporter list please

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I've always been a heavy Skull Kid detractor.

I always thought he shouldn't be in smash as he was just a one off villain with a cool design but generally a non important character in regards to what should be in smash bros.

But after I got my most wanted in, K. Rool, I've had a change of heart. I'm all for Skull Kid now. He's got an awesome design, he actually has appeared in multiple Zelda games and the Majora's Mask and the Moon are SUPER iconic images in not just Zelda but in Nintendo and gaming as a whole. Bring on Skull Kid i'm all for him and I always love more villains, especially now that Young Link has returned.

Add me to the supporter list please
Welcome aboard

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What do you want to change it to?
I was thinking something simple

Title: Do you think the Moon assist trophy changes Skull Kids chance at being playable?

Option 1: Yes, I think it increases his chances
Option 2: No, I don't think it affects his chances at all
Option 3: Yes, I think it decreases his chances

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There is too much love in me for the Zelda franchise to say I would be annoyed with Skull Kid. He is a great character.
I just dont personally feel he is the next most interesting character, or even the one that would have the most to showcase over all of Hyrule.

Ive realized Im a little harsher on characters that are from a returning franchise, as a new franchise always brings with it the most for me: introduction to a new world, a whole new possibility of mechanics to for inspiration, untapped music/stage/etc to the forefront....
There are not many characters I actively want from a currently repped franchise, and most of them are the missing names of Nintendo

...which to me, are Toad, Dixie, Isabelle, Meowth, and Paper Mario.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was thinking something simple

Title: Do you think the Moon assist trophy changes Skull Kids chance at being playable?

Option 1: Yes, I think it increases his chances
Option 2: No, I don't think it affects his chances at all
Option 3: Yes, I think it decreases his chances
Okay, I changed it.

Reila

There is too much love in me for the Zelda franchise to say I would be annoyed with Skull Kid. He is a great character.
I just dont personally feel he is the next most interesting character, or even the one that would have the most to showcase over all of Hyrule.

Ive realized Im a little harsher on characters that are from a returning franchise, as a new franchise always brings with it the most for me: introduction to a new world, a whole new possibility of mechanics to for inspiration, untapped music/stage/etc to the forefront....
There are not many characters I actively want from a currently repped franchise, and most of them are the missing names of Nintendo (which to me, are Toad, Dixie, Isabelle, Meowth, and Paper Mario.
You say you are harsher towards peeps from returning franchises, yet you want Toad, Dixie, Isabelle, Meowth and Paper Mario... All of who are from returning franchise (you could make an argument for Paper Mario, but he still is from the Mario series). It is hard to understand that line of thought.

Anyways... I do agree that someone from a new franchise is more interesting (like a Rhythm Heaven rep would be), but Skull Kid is a really cool peep and also from my favorite game, so I want him in Smash. I think it is the same or similar for a lot of people here.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You say you are harsher towards peeps from returning franchises, yet you want Toad, Dixie, Isabelle, Meowth and Paper Mario... All of who are from returning franchise (you could make an argument for Paper Mario, but he still is from the Mario series). It is hard to understand that line of thought.

Anyways... I do agree that someone from a new franchise is more interesting (like a Rhythm Heaven rep would be), but Skull Kid is a really cool peep and also from my favorite game, so I want him in Smash. I think it is the same or similar for a lot of people here.
He was listing those characters as exceptions.

Also thanks, Megadoomer.
We have a new poll everyone!

Last edited:

Reila

I tried drawing the Majora's Mask in a Twilight Princess-ish style. I have been drawing for less than a year so it doesn't look very good, plus I only sketched and cleaned it up. But... I tried! It is kinda tough because the Majora's Mask has such an iconic design, that if you change it too much, it is not the Majora's Mask anymore, but if you don't change enough, then what is the point?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Paper Mario.
I will support him in futility until the day I die. After getting Ridley and Simon, and hopefully Skull Kid at this point, I can't in good faith complain about anyone being missing, but I will forever hold that he has incredible moveset potential and deserves to be playable.

Besides, if we can get three Links and three Samuses, there's no reason we can't have three Marios.

Anyway, I like the Twilight Princess design for Skull Kid way less than the beaky version from OoT/MM, but I still think we should see that as an alternate costume. If nothing else, that fixes the lack of playable TP representation? Not that we really need it after having it on four characters for ten years, but still, it would be nice to have all the 3D games showcased on characters as well as stages. Plus I'd imagine he would take some of his moves from Twilight Princess, so it only makes sense.

I've always thought Majora's Mask and the Fused Shadows looked somewhat similar (probably on purpose, honestly), so I think a TP take on the mask based on the Fused Shadows could be interesting. Reila Reila I like the version you drew!

Top Bottom