• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the Mii costume was planned from the start or was added in response to his sudden surger of popularity? It's not great, but as with all Mii costumes, it's better than nothing.
Not to mention several characters who have Mii costumes have been promoted to playable. There's no rule that says Assists can't be DLC (one's an Assist and a Final Smash after all) so maybe Sakurai will make him DLC in the future.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Not to mention several characters who have Mii costumes have been promoted to playable. There's no rule that says Assists can't be DLC (one's an Assist and a Final Smash after all) so maybe Sakurai will make him DLC in the future.
Please don't get your hopes up.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Please don't get your hopes up.
Yeah, I was more posing it as a possibility, even as I was typing it I don't really think it's going to happen.:/

We can rally behind Skull Kid for the next game thoguh!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At this point in time, an Assist Trophy confirmation is a death sentence to any character that becomes one. Getting a character in the roster as DLC in the same game as their an Assist Trophy seems impossible. So until we see Sakurai actually do the Assist Trophy promotion thing in the same game, we should consider any Assist Trophy character impossible for DLC.

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I was more posing it as a possibility, even as I was typing it I don't really think it's going to happen.:/

We can rally behind Skull Kid for the next game thoguh!
Smash 6 will probably remake the whole series, and will most likely include somewhere from 25-35 characters. We need him in the definitive Smash title. So show our passion for Skull Kid! Even if AT means deconfirmation, if enough people rally behind him and show some backlash, we could change Sakurai's mind!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Smash 6 will probably remake the whole series, and will most likely include somewhere from 25-35 characters. We need him in the definitive Smash title. So show our passion for Skull Kid! Even if AT means deconfirmation, if enough people rally behind him and show some backlash, we could change Sakurai's mind!
Perhaps, but I don't see Sakurai doing the Assist Trophy promotion thing in the same game because of how many people that also want Isaac, Shadow, Waluigi, Ashley, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Krystal. It would open up a whole can of worms and a lot of fans would get mad if another character that was an Assist Trophy got in over their character that was also an Assist Trophy.

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
Perhaps, but I don't see Sakurai doing the Assist Trophy promotion thing in the same game because of how many people that also want Isaac, Shadow, Waluigi, Ashley, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Krystal. It would open up a whole can of worms and a lot of fans would get mad if another character that was an Assist Trophy got in over their character that was also an Assist Trophy.
Great point, but what if Sakurai released a DLC pack with AT's? Waluigi, Isaac, Shadow, Ashley, Bomberman, Krystal could all get in, but it would come down to who's most requested. Maybe they could even hold another ballot for it. I know it seems like I'm grasping at straws, and I am, but it's all we have left as Masked Marauders.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Great point, but what if Sakurai released a DLC pack with AT's? Waluigi, Isaac, Shadow, Ashley, Bomberman, Krystal could all get in, but it would come down to who's most requested. Maybe they could even hold another ballot for it. I know it seems like I'm grasping at straws, and I am, but it's all we have left as Masked Marauders.
Honestly, an Assist Trophy promotion DLC pack is the only way I see that happening at all.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Welp, I am sure Sakurai is gonna do more than 5 dlc sets. I think he is gonna support Smash Ultimate during the Switch's lifespan just like Splatoon. All we can do is hope that Sakurai runs out of ideas.

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
Welp, I am sure Sakurai is gonna do more than 5 dlc sets. I think he is gonna support Smash Ultimate during the Switch's lifespan just like Splatoon. All we can do is hope that Sakurai runs out of ideas.
...which seems likely already since Katalina from Granblue and a Dragon Quest character are top proirity for the DLC pack, according to Verge.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
As someone who first posted in this thread back in April, Skull Kid’s AT confirmation really sucks. I still stand by my belief that Zelda is terribly represented in the department that matters most: characters. Three Links, Zelda and Shiek (who are the same person), and Semi-clone Ganondorf. I really hope Zelda can get something for DLC. At least we propelled Skull Kid into a new echelon of popularity, though!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Its possible he does have a real source that gave him false info, but the source is still someone they knows well, and doesn't want to jeopardize their career over something like that. It does happen.

That being said, I don't know anything about this situation specifically, and just wanted to add some perspective.
He flat-out said he was the one who edited the September Direct on Mimique Valley.

There's no "source", guy said he was a Nintendo employee.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
No, it probably won't happen. It could. But it won't... but please let it happen?

"Hello everybody. In today's direct, we would like to announce a special event in Smash history. This next season of dlc characters will be called... the Assist Trophy ballot! Please vote for your favorite Assist Trophy to be upgraded into a character. Only the top five will make it. Place your votes online!"

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
No, it probably won't happen. It could. But it won't... but please let it happen?

"Hello everybody. In today's direct, we would like to announce a special event in Smash history. This next season of dlc characters will be called... the Assist Trophy ballot! Please vote for your favorite Assist Trophy to be upgraded into a character. Only the top five will make it. Place your votes online!"
If that were to happen, as much of a pipe dream it would be, I'd vote for Skull Kid, Shadow, Isaac and Waluigi, though mainly hoping for the first 3.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
1. Skull Kid
2. Shovel Knight
3. Isaac
4. Dillon
5. Spring Man (poor guy, I thought for sure they'd save him for DLC)

loz18

Smash Cadet
Are you ever going to address your fake leaks?

Like......could we get some insight on why you did what you did? Instead of just coming back and acting like nothing happened?

I'm sorta flabberghasted that the rest of the thread doesn't seem to care; you were the cause of a lot of the false hope these people held onto, yet nobody asked this? I don't get it.
I can address the stuff I very clearly said was going to happen and didn’t. Like for instance, it seems Skull Kid for sure is not playable. I’ve said a lot of stuff as to how we came about some information. I can’t, however, tell you specifically because it wouldn’t only affect me but others.

I told you there was an Adventure Mode, I told you K. Rool was playable, I told you the theme of a script I came across waaay before it was shown in a Direct as Heroes vs Villains. I told about the Inkling’s Moveset, Ganondorf changes, Zelda’s appearance. I informed about World of Light (although didn’t know it was called that), the Adventure Mode, being the primary way of unlocking characters. I informed about trophies being discontinued. I informed about art, scripts, scene creation and other material I came across. I knew Isaac had a “new 3D model” but I didn’t have access to the confirmation of his inclusion or exclusion. Same as Skull Kid. Those two I genuinely thought were in yet I was wrong. I informed about the August Direct, November Direct, revamped Training Mode, and “new modes coming” (again didn’t know the names but knew the development of modes were added).

I do not have the complete game. I do not have complete access to development. If you can’t understand that then I don’t know what else to tell you man. I’ve worked in the industry for many years and I’ve seen people like you bring good people down and I also get that everyone claims to know stuff, but you just gotta chill. You can’t be this sensitive, specially when I have always stated that I do not know a lot of stuff. You want to held me responsible for stuff I said? Held me responsible for being an advocate of Skull Kid and Isaac. That I can give you because I took a huge assumption saying that they were to be included just in a simple fact of remodeling.

Be careful what people will tell you about what I said and didn’t say. I’ve tried to include as much of the real stuff I’ve said. You can take it or leave it.

And for those whose hopes were crushed by this, I apologize. Believe me, I’m right there with you.

I just noticed the other message. I did not say I edited the Direct. That is a lie. I have never said I’m a Nintendo employee, that’s false too. What happened in that Discord is people creating a “secure” space to try to lure me into telling them stuff I wouldn’t say anywhere else.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I guess the only lesson to be learned here is don't believe anything unless you're 100% sure of it. I think people will be a lot more wary of insider leaks from now on, not just for the DLC but any future Smash.

Is Skull Kid even a new model though? His Assist trophy looks copy/pasted directly from Smash U.

loz18

Smash Cadet
I guess the only lesson to be learned here is don't believe anything unless you're 100% sure of it. I think people will be a lot more wary of insider leaks from now on, not just for the DLC but any future Smash.

Is Skull Kid even a new model though? His Assist trophy looks copy/pasted directly from Smash U.
As far as I know, it was “remodeled” and the stuff I saw didn’t include any content description as in “Assist Trophy” or “Background Stage Hazard” so I took a huge assumption. That was all. For me, it is so unbelievable but hey, I was wrong apparently.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I see. As said, I guess the good thing is all this really did raise awareness of Skull Kid being the next most popular Zelda rep. All of the Breath of the Wild champions will certainly be ignored, and unless some new breakout character appears in the next main Zelda game, Skull Kid should still be a popular request for the next Smash.

Problem is we're likely 5+ years away from Smash 6, so I guess the community has to keep him alive. And the next Smash could be some sort of reboot or cut the roster in half, so who knows. The year 2023 is like the far flung future now, who knows where any of us will be at the time? I'll be in my late 30's by then....yikes.

loz18

Smash Cadet
Here’s my opinion on the DLC.

I’m pretty confident the DLC was approved after the September Direct. In no way shape or form I’ve seen even the indication of DLC before it was announced. I do not know that for sure, that is just a guess.

DLC characters will need to be very compelling to be $5.99 each ($24.99 w/ pass). I do not have even an idea of what any of those could be and I’m thinking outside of Mr. Sakurai, the director and production supervisor no one really knows yet.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just hope they aren't all third party. I think at least 3 out of the 5 will be third party characters, similar to Smash U, but I hope the last two are Nintendo reps. Problem with Assist de-confirming nearly all the popular requests, there's really not many 1st party Nintendo reps left outside of Dixie Kong and a few others that are viable. And as said they have to be "big enough" to be DLC and come with a stage.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
the thought of 6 DLC characters being the final seems a bit absurd honestly. i know it's wishful thinking but I could imagine a wishlist pack that has Isaac, Skull kid, shadow (or Geno/ banjo if they can get them).

as for the costume, I'm actually pretty stoked it's a full costume, it wont have the moveset but i gotexcited by a mod where they swapped luigi's model with SK so i'm not that bummed. looks like I might main a Mii fighter.

cybersai

Smash Ace
So here's Skull Kid/Majora's Mask mii outfit:

https://albumizr.com/ia/11a51c4e6e1b0bb2d242a956fa867d02.jpg

Pretty close enough. I'll use him for Mii gunner and pretend I'm Skull Kid. Unlike all the other Mii outfits, since Majora's Mask is an actual mask, it doesn't feel like I'm playing as a "fake" character since the Mii's face itself is covered.

Good enough for now.

Last edited:

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet

Pretty close enough. I'll use him for Mii gunner and pretend I'm Skull Kid. Unlike all the other Mii outfits, since Majora's Mask is an actual mask, it doesn't feel like I'm playing as a "fake" character since the Mii's face itself is covered.

Good enough for now.
just make a Mii with brown skin, Bada Bing Bada Boom

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Same. I've never played Smash 4 so I have no idea what the Mii Fighters are like in terms of moves, Final Smash, how you get the costumes, etc. But at least it's a start.

Alias1431

Smash Rookie

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Good enough for now.
Well I'm glad we're getting the full costume now. I hope we're getting the full Waluigi outfit too so I can make a Waluigi mii that doesn't look like a garbage 2 dollar cosplay.

Smash Apprentice
I will say that since you have the mask, hat, and outfit you can make something that pretty convincingly looks like Skull Kid, even if it won't move or play or sound like Skull Kid...

However, I will say that this Smash 4 mod that places Skull Kid's AT model over Luigi works better than you'd expect it to... Of course, the voice clips are replaced, but Luigi's weird animations and attacks sort of fit with Skull Kid's creepy, playful nature

Shame that the Mii Fighters have much more "heroic" animations. Maybe when Smash Ultimate modding picks up steam after release we'll get something like this but even better.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Greetings from the Isaac support thread. We believe it to be a good idea to unite the Assist Trophy fanbases and get our characters playable. The hashtag is #UpgradeAssists and it could help draw more attention to our characters.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Greetings from the Isaac support thread. We believe it to be a good idea to unite the Assist Trophy fanbases and get our characters playable. The hashtag is #UpgradeAssists and it could help draw more attention to our characters.
It should be #PromoteMeForDLC

it's better 'cause it rhymes

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey, bring this to the Bomberman thread as well!

Top Bottom