• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure that is Geno as a player icon. Not a spirit. Geno for DLC baby! Skull Kid stuck as an AT again really pisses me off. Why the **** not just combine him and the moon as one? Instead of making them separate and lame...ugh.. No Shadow, no Skull Kid, and no ISAAC? Damn bummer of a day...to be a Smash fan.
Of course Geno looks like player icon, but I am sure he is also a spirit. Compare the other "player icon" next toGeno with the pictures of the spirits. They are all the same. So they wouldn't make only a player icon for Geno and no spirit but with each other character they made both.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
He may be, but it is highly doubtful. A player icon is all that has been spotted of him thus far. At the least, they could give us Geno. They knocked damn near every other character off of the hype train... Skull Kid and Isaac were 2 of the heroes we deserved, but not the ones that we needed right now I suppose. Hoping Geno can AVENGE THEM!!!

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Let's make Skull Kid among the next big characters to add like Ridley and King K. Rool were! I hope we'll see him next Smash Bros!

(Yes, I do believe there will be another Smash one day.)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Let's make Skull Kid among the next big characters to add like Ridley and King K. Rool were! I hope we'll see him next Smash Bros!

(Yes, I do believe there will be another Smash one day.)
But I don't want him in "another smash'. I want him in the definitive Smash with EVERY character.

Last edited:

All Hail Me

Sarge
As sad as it is to say, at least we werent deconfirmed like Isaac and Shadow were that should boost support to our cause.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to offer my sympathies after the direct and finding out of SK's fate as an AT. I believed he was going to be in the game. Bummer.

Well, things might not be as hopeless since there is a possibility for DLC and maybe a Ballot? after all is said and done? Skull Kid might still be in the potential running, it is not yet over, guys.

I know how you may feel since I was in the same place in one time with SM4SH regarding Ridley and K. Rool. Perhaps, our beloved possessed puppet-like doom bringer entity may have a shot in the future like they got now.

A Terrible Fate might have happened, in a way now hehe, today but in the future, a very different fate could be in for Smash in the distant future. You never know. Perhaps, one day.

Stay strong, guys~

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Uh
As sad as it is to say, at least we werent deconfirmed like Isaac and Shadow were that should boost support to our cause.
Uh....he's an assist? What's your point?

Anyways, I said this before, I'm really sorry for you guys. My heart reaches out to everyone who was let down by the direct. But remember, there's still hope for DLC!

Smash Apprentice
But I don't want him in "another smash'. I want him in the definitive Smash with EVERY character.
This is what's so disappointing about it. It would have been a vindication for the Skull Kid fanbase. Even in if he's in the next one 6 years later, will Young Link be? Will Snake be?

Check the Assist Trophy page on the website. He's deconfirmed. (Not even a boss!)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
No you don't. Not with some of the crazy picks they made, let alone some of the dumb fighters they were forced to keep. Believe me, it would be so much better for Skull Kid to be in Smash 6 alongside fellow real Nintendo icons.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No you don't. Not with some of the crazy picks they made, let alone some of the dumb fighters they were forced to keep. Believe me, it would be so much better for Skull Kid to be in Smash 6 alongside fellow real Nintendo icons.
I... honestly still like the roster lol. I'm not a hard ass about third parties at all really. I'm just upset they assisted him.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Skull Kid is still an Assist Trophy... um... wow.

Seeing as how Sakurai was aware of the speculation surrounding Chrom and Dark Samus, Skull Kid being an Assist feels so deceiving, I thought Sakurai would intentionally be encouraging speculation for Skull Kid as a playable fighter when the Moon AT was revealed in the August Direct to follow up with a Skull Kid character reveal.

My deepest condolences to you all.
Yeah Sakurai knew exactly what he was doing. Like how can you call this anything other than just being a ****?

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
Well I wanted Skull Kid but I had kind of given up on him before the direct so I wasn't as disappointed as others. Ridley and King K Rool were my top 2 choices and SK was a bonus for me. Oh well, I'm still getting the game and enjoy what we have.

Smash Apprentice
It's baffling that Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy again. With the Moon Assist Trophy I thought that Skull Kid was either going to be a boss, playable, or completely absent.

But no. He's literally exactly the same from Smash 4. Doing stupid cap like flipping the screen... why isn't he part of the Moon Assist trophy?

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
It's baffling that Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy again. With the Moon Assist Trophy I thought that Skull Kid was either going to be a boss, playable, or completely absent.

But no. He's literally exactly the same from Smash 4. Doing stupid cap like flipping the screen... why isn't he part of the Moon Assist trophy?
Because Zelda fans wouldn't have suffered as much that way. Can't have that.

This is indeed a ****ing terrible fate. This makes no sense, from a Skull Kid supporter point of view but also from a Legend of Zelda fan pov... (Skull Kid and the moon being 2 different Ats).

Note to self for future speculation: Don't use logic to predict what Sakurai will do next.

I'm shocked but i'll get over it, i just need to process this for a while. I'm still onboard to support Skull Kid for DLC even if he's an AT. I want him in the game so i'll support his inclusion, simple as that. Tbh I don't care if people are telling me that it's a pipedream and are pulling off the ''rule'' : AT = deconfirmed. I don't think Sakurai care much about these fan made rules anyway.

Masked Marauder for life, peace out.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I will say that if Waluigi fans aren't giving up; nor should we! Technically, I think it's possible that an Assist Trophy can be upgraded to full playable status if the demand is high enough. Maybe I don't know the process but I'd like to think somehow, someway Sakurai will hear us.

Fight On!

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
All the DLC characters are already decided. It's how it was done for Wii U. My expectations are now 0, I'd rather be surprised and wrong than hopeful after that.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think a tiny part of my mind thought this would happen (at least him not being in, the Assist Trophy thing still sucks) for one reason: Hyrule Warriors.

When Hyrule Warriors was released, Skull Kid wasn't in it. There was an outcry, and then he became DLC. Seems like prime support for Skull Kid.... except Hyrule Warriors came out after 2015, when the cut-off-date was for the Smash roster, which I hadn't realized until recently. Once I did I got a little bit cautious, because if they didn't see enough support for him to be included initially in HW, then them considering putting him in base might not be too likely.

Unfortunately that turned out to be right, and with him still being an Assist Trophy we might not have hope for DLC. But... maybe we do? Nintendo listened and eventually put Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors as DLC. If they haven't already decided on the DLC characters (and since they aren't coming out for a year they've got time), maybe there's a chance we could get Skull Kid in as DLC, even if he is an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
All the DLC characters are already decided. It's how it was done for Wii U. My expectations are now 0, I'd rather be surprised and wrong than hopeful after that.
I've heard this a lot, but I don't know what the source is.

I was under impression the only thing planned at this point was the layout and piranha plant. Sakurai even made a point he couldn't really say what was coming even though you normally would with a season pass, giving me the impression none of them have been decided.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Guys, even if they haven't decided the characters already (and I do not believe for a second that they're planning to put out five characters and stages in a year and they've done no work on them yet), we're almost certainly not gonna get Skull Kid this time around. He's an AT and they couldn't even be bothered to showcase him. Sakurai doesn't care. We're gonna have to make ourselves known between now and the next game if we want him to have a chance in the future. But please don't put yourself through believing he has a chance for DLC when he has such a throwaway role in the game currently.

I don't want to see everyone here grasping at straws for his inclusion. If anyone is getting upgraded at some point in this game, it's obviously gonna be Waluigi. Maybe Isaac too, if they're really lucky. But they probably won't be.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
My friends, it is a sad day that Skull Kid could not make it into the game. For years, one of my most favorite characters from The Legend of Zelda has lost his chance. I'm unfortunately unable to shed light onto this situation, for when a character becomes an assist, the chance for him to control or now meaningless. The only message I could give to all of you wonderful supports: There is always another day....

It's obvious now Sakurai doesn't give two ****s about the Legend of Zelda series. Like Jesus christ Skull Kid didn't even get a proper deconfirmation.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
On top of everything why even bother making the moon it's own assist trophy when you could have just included Skull Kid in it and had him summon it? That's how it went in the actual ga-oh yeah that's right Sakurai has never touched a Zelda game in his whole life. Why keep the old Skull Kid assist trophy when the Evil Mushroom one already made him redundant?

Why keep him (and Shadow too) hidden when Sakurai has confirmed that he's aware people were noticing things when it came to assist trophies that were no-shows at the time with Dark Samus and Chrom? Why not even show his assist trophy properly instead of just pooping him onto the AT section of the main site down near the bottom without a single word?

It all just feels so damn ****ty. He made a ****ing Pirahna Plant a playable fighter over the likes of Skull Kid, Issac, Bomberman, etc. He had a list of ballot characters that people actually wanted and almost completely ignored it. What is actually wrong with him? God.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
How would you guys feel about supporting Twili Midna for DLC? I'm sure Sakurai has made up his mind about who the DLC characters could be but, I could be wrong. I think Twili Midna would make a great character to add especially since she'd be made unique.

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel about supporting Twili Midna for DLC? I'm sure Sakurai has made up his mind about who the DLC characters could be but, I could be wrong. I think Twili Midna would make a great character to add especially since she'd be made unique.
I think adding Twili Midna as an Echo of Zelda would be generous at best

cybersai

Smash Ace
It all just feels so damn ****ty. He made a ****ing Pirahna Plant a playable fighter over the likes of Skull Kid, Issac, Bomberman, etc. He had a list of ballot characters that people actually wanted and almost completely ignored it. What is actually wrong with him? God.
Only 6 newcomers got in. 3 of them were current gen characters (Inklings, Isabelle, Incineroar), 2 of them were huge fan requests (Ridley/K. Rool)

The echoes were just whatever possible character was left, Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus only got in as easy clones, and then the two third party echoes. Had we had a regular sized newcomer roster this game, we probably would have seen more requests get in.

Either way as I said before, Zelda has to wait another 4-5 or whatever years till the next Smash now for a possible newcomer. Very unlikely for any Zelda rep to be DLC (as you can all tell, none of the Breath of the Wild champions seem to be getting much support and will all likely be skipped over too), so see you guys again next time in the far flung future of 2023.

Smash Apprentice
DLC would have to make the character unique. Thus, Twili Midna would have to have a unique moveset. She absolutely can too.
What I mean is that I don't think that concept has much appeal, Imp Midna is far more popular and interesting and she didn't even make it in

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
What I mean is that I don't think that concept has much appeal, Imp Midna is far more popular and interesting and she didn't even make it in
Maybe but, we can at least try. She is one of the few Zelda characters left that hasn't been deconfirmed that is still pretty popular.

Edit: I just had a funny idea about Piranha Plant. If he can get in other enemies can..... Lynel from Breathe of the Wild for DLC! :joyful:

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
If we didn't get Midna what makes you think we'd get her much less popular form? Don't you guys get it yet?

Zelda. Is. Never. Getting. A. Newcomer. Ever. EVER.

We'd get 3 dozen more blue haired nobodies with counter moves before Sakurai even so much as twitches his head towards Zelda's direction.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If we didn't get Midna what makes you think we'd get her much less popular form? Don't you guys get it yet?

Zelda. Is. Never. Getting. A. Newcomer. Ever. EVER.

We'd get 3 dozen more blue haired nobodies with counter moves before Sakurai even so much as twitches his head towards Zelda's direction.
You say "never" yet, we got Piranha Plant as the first DLC fighter. Just because it seems unlikely doesn't mean "never". I'm thinking (so long as we get another Smash Bros) the next Smash Bros will likely have a Zelda newcomer. Skull Kid hit HUGE popularity in a short time. Just a few months. People said we wouldn't get Ridley or King K. Rool. Yet, we did. I'll admit that this last Direct got me down but, That doesn't mean I've given up!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Funny thing is most Zelda games are "anime styled," you'd think Sakurai would show favortism to another anime style franchise like Zelda like Fire Emblem. :p

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
You say "never" yet, we got Piranha Plant as the first DLC fighter. Just because it seems unlikely doesn't mean "never". I'm thinking (so long as we get another Smash Bros) the next Smash Bros will likely have a Zelda newcomer. Skull Kid hit HUGE popularity in a short time. Just a few months. People said we wouldn't get Ridley or King K. Rool. Yet, we did. I'll admit that this last Direct got me down but, That doesn't mean I've given up!
Man who the hell even knows when the next Smash game comes. It could be 7 or 8 years off for all we know. What we do know though is that Skull Kid or any other Zelda newcomer won't be playable in it either.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
What if we get Bokoblin as the next Zelda character

That would be painful
If it were to be an Zelda enemy; I think the Lynel would make more sense as it was a huge part of the Breath of the Wild DLC imagery. Remember that Gold Lynel facing off against Link? It was awesome!

However, Piranha Plant does help make an argument for the Primid from Sub Space Emissary.

Smash Apprentice
I hate the idea of generic enemies being Smash Bros. characters so much I rather have no new Zelda rep at all if they're an enemy, even a cool one like a Lynel.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong; I'd rather have actual characters than generic enemies. I'm just trying to have a little fun with this set up.

Top Bottom