• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Recent update (maybe old news), some people are thinking Skull Kid may actually be in the Grinch/Banner leak.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77129698
Unfortunately, while there's nowhere on the
bike
as we currently know it that has the dots to fit, the pose of
Mach Rider
makes 0 sense if they're not mounting their
bike
in the picture. So while the dots don't looke like they belong to that character from a visual standpoint, from a contextual standpoint the dots seem very much connected to them.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
It just doesn't look at all like skull kid, colors, pose and position. Why would they put it under Mach rider, not show the colors of the mask and hide the body??? Skull kid would be floating showing off the iconic mask. It's the bike, don't hold on to this. If image editing nuts in 4chan didn't consider it could be Majora's, it is not. Gamefaqs is the last place where you'll get good speculation. If this leak turns out real I'll just expect skull kid for DLC

All Hail Me

Sarge
I honestly do not expect any leak to be real. We’ll just have to wait for the direct in the next few weeks

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I am also not sure if I should believe it or not, but my tendency go more in direction that it is true.

I am just a bit disappointed that there is no Skull Kid but I still have a rest hope he is also in the banner or he is DLC

Diese Abstimmung ist keine Abstimmung, wenn Sie das Leck glauben oder nicht.
Glaubst du, dass auch Skull Kid im Banner gezeigt wird?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/482981833848651777/504761290242129920/image0.png

In this picture it looks that it is just the bike.

Celir

Smash Rookie
I really hope we get Skull Kid, we never got a new character since Melee. Toon Link is the same as Young Link for me. We have ganon/zelda/sheik and 3 links, sorry but that’s bull****. Zelda is one of the most important Nintendo franchise, they realy need to add at least one new character.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Nice. I'm not sure how her bike is exactly but those "white eyes" couldn't be the bike's flares? like it's facing forward
I don't think so:
- The bike's flare would be to near to the Mach Riders Leg.
- the Position of his body don't looks like that. If this would be the front He have to turn bis body more in the front. But you can see his helmet, shoulders etc also from the side.

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
Hi guys I've been lurking here a little while, I believe the leak is real, there are too many aspects to the leak that make it too complicated to be fake.

I have hoped for Skull Kid's inclusion for a while, but it seems he wont be in the base roster at least, still I cant complain, the roster is stunning.

Don't give up hope on DLC guys, and what other characters are you excited about with this leak seemingly true? Mach Rider and Banjo Kazooie seem to be really interesting additions to me :)

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I'm part of the "fake until proven real" gang, but even I have to admit it looks convincing. However I do think with these characters out of the way, SK holds a firm chance for DLC, all we need to do is show steady support.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Don't give up hope on DLC guys, and what other characters are you excited about with this leak seemingly true? Mach Rider and Banjo Kazooie seem to be really interesting additions to me :)
Im pretty hyped for Geno if this is true, I'm also hyped for the others as they're characters I don't mind being in, the only ones I'm really disappointed in would be the echos, I at least wanted a Impa or Hilda echo.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Guys. Skull Kid isn't in that image. You can strain your eyes searching all day, and that Majora's Mask you're seeing will still be Mach Rider's bike.

Evidence keeps piling up in favor of this leak, and considering the circumstances around it, it seems just about impossible to fake. Plus we have papagenos papagenos further corroborating it from a source he trusts.

I'll say it again. It is most likely true. The sooner you accept that Skull Kid is probably not on the base roster, the less upset you will be. He was always a long shot anyway, and even if he's not here, the amount of miracles Sakurai has worked to get this roster where it is cannot be understated. This is already a momentous roster. We can be disappointed that he's not here, but we don't want to be the supporters that do nothing but complain about his exclusion while ignoring all of Sakurai's incredibly tough and dedicated work. It's not a good look.

Hold out hope for DLC, but don't expect him in the base game. It'll go better for you.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Honestly, I'm leaning more and more into team fake. The supposed involved company has denied (and actually seem offended by it) that they're involved with leaks, and the guy hasn't even worked there since 2016. And the place he's at now has very limited connection to both movies and games.

Which means we still have a shot!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Honestly, I'm leaning more and more into team fake. The supposed involved company has denied (and actually seem offended by it) that they're involved with leaks, and the guy hasn't even worked there since 2016. And the place he's at now has very limited connection to both movies and games.

Which means we still have a shot!
You can disbelieve it all you want, but you need to start accepting the possibility that it's real. I've been saying this for months now. You are one of the people I'm most worried about if he doesn't make it. I've been trying to get everyone to lower their expectations, and that goes most of all for you. I know how badly you want him, and hell, I'm right there with you, but you have to be ready for the possibility that he's just not there.

Even if this leak is fake, it still doesn't guarantee Skull Kid a slot. There has always been, and will always be, a chance that he just doesn't show up. No matter how good it may look from your perspective, believing a hundred percent that he's in will do nothing but crush you if he's not, and nobody wants that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You can disbelieve it all you want, but you need to start accepting the possibility that it's real. I've been saying this for months now. You are one of the people I'm most worried about if he doesn't make it. I've been trying to get everyone to lower their expectations, and that goes most of all for you. I know how badly you want him, and hell, I'm right there with you, but you have to be ready for the possibility that he's just not there.

Even if this leak is fake, it still doesn't guarantee Skull Kid a slot. There has always been, and will always be, a chance that he just doesn't show up. No matter how good it may look from your perspective, believing a hundred percent that he's in will do nothing but crush you if he's not, and nobody wants that.
If he doesn't make it, then I'll simply continue to support him for DLC. I hope everyone here will.

Also something new just arised suggesting the leak is fake
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1055452816628568065?s=19

Title screen showed no Microsoft copyright

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
How do we know it's the 1.0.0 version? I mean, it could just be a demo with a few characters unlocked but not the new ones...?

EDIT: it even says "Event Version" , maybe it's not the release one.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
How do we know it's the 1.0.0 version? I mean, it could just be a demo with a few characters unlocked but not the new ones...?

EDIT: it even says "Event Version" , maybe it's not the release one.
If you look in the top right corner, it might say "1.0.0," but it's really blurry and hard to see.

I dunno, I don't think this necessarily proves anything. They could easily have removed Microsoft/RARE from this screen for this video.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.... putting Microsoft or Rare there would be a MASSIVE spoiler/confirmation of the leak, I'm sure they don't want that. I would make a entire "fake 1.0.0" version without them (or without a way to show them in game) to just avoid the names in the copyright...

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If he doesn't make it, then I'll simply continue to support him for DLC. I hope everyone here will.

Also something new just arised suggesting the leak is fake
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1055452816628568065?s=19

Title screen showed no Microsoft copyright
If the leak is real, I'm going to assume Nintendo just messed up by trusting that full banner image with the wrong person/people. I very much doubt they would show any trademarks for characters anywhere that haven't been officially revealed yet. I am on team real at the moment. Would be amazing to see this happen, but we also have to be ready for it to be fake. Buckle UP!!!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
You guy's really shouldn't worry about Skull Kid. He would be in the forefront for DLC if Banjo, Isaac AND Geno were all out of the way. You'd really only be competing with Bandanna Dee and some newer Releases like Spring Man or Rex and Pyra.

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea why people want this leak to be fake like it would improve Skull Kid's chances. The most credible alternative to this leak is Vergeben and Box theory, which is essentially Ken and Incineroar and that's it. If that's true, Skull Kid would have to compete for a DLC slot with Geno and Banjo as well as Springman, Rex&Pyra etc... that's a much tougher path to getting in.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
My question is; has Vergeben said anything about this? Could this mean he is wrong?

FYI: I don't believe Vergeben, "Box Theory", "Banner Leak", "Music Theory", or any of the other "leaks". I do hope that Geno, Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Skull Kid, etc. get in the game though.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
How did I not get alerts this topic was updating? Oh well. XD

Also hey, as you guys likely know, tomorrow's the US anniversary of Majora's Mask. So I'm finishing up a Skull Kid tribute video tomorrow for it. I would have wanted to include Skull Kid reveal trailer footage but whether he's in or not (I saw some speculate he might be in that picture next to Mach Rider if the image is real) that's not going to happen in a few hours so.... here are the clips I have so far that are used in it:

-"Terrible Fate" short film by EmberLabs
-Majora's Aria (from the opera "Majora")
-Clock Town Choir (from the opera "Majora")
-Majora's Mask 3D Fan-Made Trailer
-Majora's Mask 3D Cinematic
-Hyrule Warriors Skull Kid Entrance

Too bad there's no SK reveal trailer whether he's in or not, but yeah. Any other possible ones to use I might have missed?

I posted the preview a while back in this thread, though the full version's going to my other channel.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Everyone repeat after me:

"It's Mach Rider's bike, not Majora's Mask."

Unless you think Mach Rider is straddling Majora's Mask with no Skull Kid attached.

cybersai

Smash Ace

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
gamefaqs thinks it's Skull Kid:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77130093

Someone even found what looks to be Tael, the purple fairy right next to him:

https://imgur.com/a/K2VNBCJ

I don't see how you guys don't see Majora's Mask there.

There's a heart shape there, the two eyes are right space apart, you can see the spikes coming out of the mask, and Skull Kid looks like he's sitting similar to Robin which is why you don't notice Skull Kid's body as much
I'd personally love it; but It's too blurry for me to feel strongly one way or another lol

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think seeing Skull Kid there is wishful thinking. You can see something poking out from behind Mach Rider, and their pose looks to me like they're straddling something. The most logical explanation is it's their bike. The purple thing might be their foot, or Roy's.

The text version of this leak from September also doesn't mention Skull Kid.

I do see it, but that's because I want to. I'm not letting myself get my hopes up.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think seeing Skull Kid there is wishful thinking. You can see something poking out from behind Mach Rider, and their pose looks to me like they're straddling something. The most logical explanation is it's their bike. The purple thing might be their foot, or Roy's.

The text version of this leak from September also doesn't mention Skull Kid.

I do see it, but that's because I want to. I'm not letting myself get my hopes up.
For sake of discussion; perhaps Skull Kid is this "mysterious missing fighter" some people are buzzing about.

cybersai

Smash Ace

You can see the heart shape of the mask where it gets narrow on the bottom.

You see the two big eyes the right space apart

You can see the spikes coming out of the mask on both the top and bottom.

Now look to the right of him after where someone drew the black circle line, you can see what looks to be a purple fairy with wings (Tael)

Skull Kid looks like he's sitting staring at Tael

Top Bottom