• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Would you guys personally want the original version or the 3DS one? I have played the original one so many times already, even on emulator, but I never played the 3DS games… Even tho I'm aware MM3D is somehow inferior in certain mechanics, I really would like to play that version on switch lol. What do you guys want from Zelda to be announced in general?
I would want the original version as I didn't like the changes they did to the boss fights in the 3DS especially the Gyorg fight. Though, I did thought the Twinmold fight was better on 3DS.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
what was wrong with gyorg fight?
So in the 2nd or 3rd phrase, they changed it where they get rid of the platform and you have to fight Gyorg in the water. He tries to suck you up like Kirby and there's a bunch of spike balls everywhere and you have to somehow throw those spike balls into his month whenever you are close enough. It's pretty annoying as it's a little tricky trying to throw those spikes at him at a close enough range when he's trying to suck you up.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So in the 2nd or 3rd phrase, they changed it where they get rid of the platform and you have to fight Gyorg in the water. He tries to suck you up like Kirby and there's a bunch of spike balls everywhere and you have to somehow throw those spike balls into his month whenever you are close enough. It's pretty annoying as it's a little tricky trying to throw those spikes at him at a close enough range when he's trying to suck you up.
I’ve played it, the way you worded made me think it was something more specific

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Would you guys personally want the original version or the 3DS one? I have played the original one so many times already, even on emulator, but I never played the 3DS games… Even tho I'm aware MM3D is somehow inferior in certain mechanics, I really would like to play that version on switch lol. What do you guys want from Zelda to be announced in general?
Ideally a mix of both. But if I can only have one, I think I'd honestly have the n64 version

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i do think you should maybe try and find a way to cooperate with the Impa supporters i think alone both of you probably dont have a Chance
I somewhat agree. Zelda really doesn't have one major character request that has K. Rool levels of popularity like DK had with K. Rool. Sure Skull Kid is probably the most popular requested Zelda newcomer, but he isn't K. Rool levels popular as that shows with K. Rool's inclusion and confirmed well performance in the Smash Ballot by Sakurai's words himself. Zelda is tied down to many other requests than just mainly K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky and Funky like DK had as Zelda fans want Skull Kid, Impa, Midna, Tingle, Pig Ganon, the Champions, Vaati, Yuga, Hilda, ect. There's not a single big character the Zelda fans campaigned for together like the DK fans did for K. Rool. And yes, I agree we Zelda fans should unite not under one character but under one fanbase so our outcry for a new Zelda newcomer can be heard.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Night of the last day. 12 hours remain.

This might be the end of Smash speculation for Ultimate. And while Skull Kids hope essentially died out with the reveal of his Assist Trophy. Talk about him still popped up here and there.

I just want to say, it's been an honour. I will always remember when Skull Kid was at the peak of his popularity. It was truly something special.

Cheers to Zelda! Cheers to Smash! And Cheers to the future and all it may hold!

And Put Majora's Mask on Switch.

Smash Apprentice

Hey all, I know I haven't been in this thread for a long time, I'm alive and after injuring my hand (which healed fine) I somehow lost the Skull Kid moveset drawings I was making and never got around to doing them over again because of life business. We might not have Skull Kid in Ultimate but we finally have a decent quality playable Skull Kid in a Smash game after all this time!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Hey all, I know I haven't been in this thread for a long time, I'm alive and after injuring my hand (which healed fine) I somehow lost the Skull Kid moveset drawings I was making and never got around to doing them over again because of life business. We might not have Skull Kid in Ultimate but we finally have a decent quality playable Skull Kid in a Smash game after all this time!
Ok that trailer was pretty cool. That trasition from 5 to the clock bell made by heart leap. And that ledge balance animation is genius.

That said, lol at the "improved" stages, most just look like battlefield reskins.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
there are a number of fans who think that would be an improvement. i never understood why
There's less randomness, so it matches the competitive standards? I don't follow competitive play too closely, but given that stages have been banned for "distracting visuals", "the stage tilts slightly", or "the top platform is slightly closer to the ceiling/upper blastzone than it is in Battlefield", they seem extremely picky. (out of 115 stages in Smash Bros. Ultimate, even with hazards turned off, the competitive scene only considers eight to ten of them to be legal at most)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's less randomness, so it matches the competitive standards? I don't follow competitive play too closely, but given that stages have been banned for "distracting visuals", "the stage tilts slightly", or "the top platform is slightly closer to the ceiling/upper blastzone than it is in Battlefield", they seem extremely picky. (out of 115 stages in Smash Bros. Ultimate, even with hazards turned off, the competitive scene only considers eight to ten of them to be legal at most)
distracting visuals? Almost sounds like they’re looking for reasons to ban them

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
distracting visuals? Almost sounds like they’re looking for reasons to ban them
Yeah, that's how it feels at times. I get banning something like New Pork City or Great Cave Offensive, but banning Lylat Cruise because the stage tilts in a barely noticeable way, or banning Midgar because it's too similar to Battlefield (though I think that there are also legal issues with streaming the music; I'm not sure), or banning the Bayonetta stage because of its background (which doesn't directly impact the fight - it's not like the angels attack the stage) just makes it seem like they're being nitpicky.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that's how it feels at times. I get banning something like New Pork City or Great Cave Offensive, but banning Lylat Cruise because the stage tilts in a barely noticeable way, or banning Midgar because it's too similar to Battlefield (though I think that there are also legal issues with streaming the music; I'm not sure), or banning the Bayonetta stage because of its background (which doesn't directly impact the fight - it's not like the angels attack the stage) is "too distracting" just makes it seem like they're being nitpicky.
ive certainly never been distracted by the background and i have a very poor attention span.

though ill admit im now curious if anyone has been

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Hey sign me up as a supporter.

I would have rather seen Skull Kid in the game as a playable character as opposed to Isabella or Incineroar (I really did not want to see more Pokemon characters or more clones).

Top Bottom