• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I do agree that not everything needs to be connected.

And I'm not even sure it's possible for Skull Kid is able to have descendants. Don't forget he's this seemingly ancient being, alive and well before the Giants scattered. And Alive still in Twilight Princess.

Honestly I just want him to show up in botw2, so he can still say he's older than god damn Ganondorf

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I started replaying Majora's Mask today because of the 20th anniversary and I completed the swamp and snow areas as well as obtaining almost half of the masks and half of the Heart Pieces in one 3 day cycle. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Skull Kid would be super cool.

If ATs do get promoted, then maybe he has a shot.

I'm not confident though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've been waiting for someone to post here again so I can show you guys this article I read about a week ago: https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/30/2...elda-majoras-mask-was-never-supposed-to-exist so a German movie called Run Lola Run inspired Majora's Mask's time theme and in the movie a girl named Lola runs out of time to save her boyfriend being held ransom from a gang and she is magically warped back 3 days in the past and is given another chance to rescue him. Here is the trailer for the movie:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've been waiting for someone to post here again so I can show you guys this article I read about a week ago: https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/30/2...elda-majoras-mask-was-never-supposed-to-exist so a German movie called Run Lola Run inspired Majora's Mask's time theme and in the movie a girl named Lola runs out of time to save her boyfriend being held ransom from a gang and she is magically warped back 3 days in the past and is given another chance to rescue him. Here is the trailer for the movie:

Hey that's pretty interesting, although that trailer did not give me the vibe that Time Travelling is a thing

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Made my own Skull Kid and Tingle Amiibo. Couldn't stand seeing them not their on my shelf next to the other Nintendo All-Stars. Wish the figures were a tad bigger but oh well. Also couldnt be more fitting with Majora's Mask 20th anniversary.
20200515_105858.jpg

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Thats the dream, Spring Man is who we're counting on. While he definitely won't guarantee Skull Kid, I do feel people underestimate him as a potential promotion

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Double post I know. But I need to share this, it's an Oot medley and it's so good
Skull Kid makes a minor cameo too :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fresh off the presses, I finally finished that Skull Kid moveset I'd been meaning to make! I quite like how it turned out too. Here's hoping he's added to the roster somehow!

View attachment 272243

As usual, here's a link to the image elsewhere, since it isn't easily viewed on Smashboards: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49917388407/in/dateposted-public/
Feel free to use it in the OP if you'd like too!
Nice very nice. I had similar ideas with my Skull Kid moveset with literally the Specials and Smash Attacks being almost the same as yours. Except my idea for the Down Special was for Skull Kid to summon one of the 4 bosses to quickly attack the other players.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Nice very nice. I had similar ideas with my Skull Kid moveset with literally the Specials and Smash Attacks being almost the same as yours. Except my idea for the Down Special was for Skull Kid to summon one of the 4 bosses to quickly attack the other players.
wait seriously? nice lol. I haven't actually been to this thread before, so that's really interesting lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Spring Man ends up being the ARMS newcomer and breaks the mold for Assist Trophy promotions to playable (it's only logical another ARMS fighter would take his place as the Assist Trophy) then who do you think could replace Skull Kid's Assist Trophy, if should he get promoted as well?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If Spring Man ends up being the ARMS newcomer and breaks the mold for Assist Trophy promotions to playable (it's only logical another ARMS fighter would take his place as the Assist Trophy) then who do you think could replace Skull Kid's Assist Trophy, if should he get promoted as well?
Hmm, I don't necessarily think that Spring Man's assist trophy would actually be replaced. I personally think it just won't spawn when Spring Man is in the match, or more likely it'll just still be there and playable Spring Man can fight assist Spring Man. (since certain spirit battles require the assist trophy)

But if they do go the Springtron route.

One option is just the Majora's Mask. Trials would require the least amount of effort as you'd just remove the Skull Kid model. It's not like Skull Kid himself is interactable.

Or maybe just a Poe, it's a very generic assist trophy.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
The Assist Trophy "toggle off" flag.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I posted this in another thread.

But what do you think?

Honestly I think Zelda only has one problem.

There's no clear front runner.

There are lots of popular Zelda characters but there are so many choices that demand is fractured. Compare things to K. Rool and Ridley where they were far and away the fan favorite character to add next. Who do you add next? Skull Kid? Midna? Ghirahim? Impa? None of that is helped by those who believe Zelda shouldn't have anyone outside the main trio (which I think is lame).

I think if a Zelda newcomer is gonna see any success, the fandom's gonna have to rally behind one character and push them hardcore (while still supporting their favorites).

If I had to choose, I'd say Midna and Skull Kid would be our best bets for that, but who knows...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I posted this in another thread.

But what do you think?
I think we have the advantage, the Smash team has given Skull Kid more attention than other candidates already (Mii costume, appearance in Main Menu, upgradable spirit to legendary)

But the assist trophy and Mii costume combo is pretty similar to Spring Man.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
If I'm being honest, I think it's more likely that the springman assist trophy isn't replaced at all. Sakurai would just pull an Alucard and have the assist not be possible to use when springman is being used as a fighter. Because of that, the same could be said for Skull Kid.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
If I'm being honest, I think it's more likely that the springman assist trophy isn't replaced at all. Sakurai would just pull an Alucard and have the assist not be possible to use when springman is being used as a fighter. Because of that, the same could be said for Skull Kid.
I also think that's the likeliest option.

Edit. Today is a big day for me: I finally made my Skull Kid Mii fighter!! It was easier than I thought, and the result exceeds my expectations. What a pleasure to play as him with Young Link at Great Bay!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
First day of June, we'll find out soon if Spring Man is playable or not.

Also for fun, here's a list of every character with both Mii Costume and Assist Trophy

Spring Man
Ashley
Skull Kid
Isaac
Arguably Waluigi if you count his hat
Black Knight
Zero
Knuckles
Takamaru
Akira
Vince

How do you think Skull Kid stacks up?

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I'd say Spring Man, obviously, Isaac, and Waluigi. I don't think the rest of them stands a real chance.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
On one hand, i want it to be Spring Man so that other AT's have a chance of being promoted.
On the other... Spring Man is such a nothing character to me compared to the rest of the Arms cast, i'd rather have any other character tbh :v

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd say Spring Man, obviously, Isaac, and Waluigi. I don't think the rest of them stands a real chance.
Well I kind of think the same in where Waluigi and Isaac are the potential frontrunners after Spring Man if anybody. But Spring Man isn't as popular as them but is getting in because Nintendo wants him. Who's to say they won't promote Skull Kid over Waluigi or Isaac. It's a slim possibility, but it's a slim outcome.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Well I kind of think the same in where Waluigi and Isaac are the potential frontrunners after Spring Man if anybody. But Spring Man isn't as popular as them but is getting in because Nintendo wants him. Who's to say they won't promote Skull Kid over Waluigi or Isaac. It's a slim possibility, but it's a slim outcome.
Let's dream while we can!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone get Majora's Mask vibe from the new spirit event with its colour scheme? It makes sense since its for the 64 and we see quite a few Majora's Mask spirits there even.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Does anyone get Majora's Mask vibe from the new spirit event with its colour scheme? It makes sense since its for the 64 and we see quite a few Majora's Mask spirits there even.
Wait a minute... I don't think I saw Skull Kid in there at all. But let's not get to ahead of ourselves here. Always remember guys:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Source Gaming released the results of their poll and Skull Kid was able to place in the top 50 with 145 votes, placing him at 37th. Not too shabby.

He was also the highest scoring Zelda character which is good to see, and was top 5 among assist trophies, losing out only to Shovel Knight, Shadow, Isaac and Waluigi.

We'll find out very soon if that pesky assist trophy barrier matters.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Source Gaming released the results of their poll and Skull Kid was able to place in the top 50 with 145 votes, placing him at 37th. Not too shabby.

He was also the highest scoring Zelda character which is good to see, and was top 5 among assist trophies, losing out only to Shovel Knight, Shadow, Isaac and Waluigi.

We'll find out very soon if that pesky assist trophy barrier matters.
It's a fan rule, it never mattered. And regardless of what gets upgraded, the rule will be broken anyway, because the real fan rule is "no upgrades at all" because people just want to deny characters for whatever reason every time and come up with some way to do it and ruin people's speculation. An upgrade is an upgrade, even if it's a spirit one in the end. With that alone the fan rule will be broken regardless. And considering Zhuge made a poll of only 4 picks from which one will be the one on Monday, any of those would mean an upgrade already lol. It doesnt matter if people later want to twist it to "hurr durr but ATs will definitely not be the ones upgraded ever", and after that they will do it with mii costumes or whatever, they just will never give up on being naysayers lol. Let's just have a blast on monday when an upgrade just happens at all and the can of worms is finally free to speculate on :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's a fan rule, it never mattered. And regardless of what gets upgraded, the rule will be broken anyway, because the real fan rule is "no upgrades at all" because people just want to deny characters for whatever reason every time and come up with some way to do it and ruin people's speculation. An upgrade is an upgrade, even if it's a spirit one in the end. With that alone the fan rule will be broken regardless. And considering Zhuge made a poll of only 4 picks from which one will be the one on Monday, any of those would mean an upgrade already lol. It doesnt matter if people later want to twist it to "hurr durr but ATs will definitely not be the ones upgraded ever", and after that they will do it with mii costumes or whatever, they just will never give up on being naysayers lol. Let's just have a blast on monday when an upgrade just happens at all and the can of worms is finally free to speculate on :p
I agree for the most part. But I personally think if they skip over Spring Man for someone else, they'd be doing it because he's an assist trophy.

To me, this reveal will be the answer. I don't see them not adding Spring Man if assist trophies truly don't matter. He's the mascot, he's the one who was the assist trophy in the first place. It'd just be weird otherwise.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. But I do think we'll know for sure come Monday.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Double post blah blah blah

But it needs to be said, they never pointed out Spring Mans assist trophy being the reason why he's not playable. And spirits were blasted away.

I'm not gonna give up hope, not entirely anyway. I still think a new Zelda character makes sense for Nintendo, especially if this is a more First Party centric pass. It might not be Skull Kid, but like Min Min, he's proven to be one of the most popular candidate. Something Spring Man just wasn't.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Double post blah blah blah

But it needs to be said, they never pointed out Spring Mans assist trophy being the reason why he's not playable. And spirits were blasted away.

I'm not gonna give up hope, not entirely anyway. I still think a new Zelda character makes sense for Nintendo, especially if this is a more First Party centric pass. It might not be Skull Kid, but like Min Min, he's proven to be one of the most popular candidate. Something Spring Man just wasn't.
I don't think Skull Kid is the most likely Assist Trophy to get promoted, but I feel like Sakurai might be kind of enough to promote him over many other Assist Trophy options since he knows he is extremely popular and he knows that Skull Kid has been as requested as long as Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac for almost 20 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom