• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I swear, I would have taken unique Skull Kid in Melee over the six clones even in exchange for Falcondorf.
That would have been a bit too much for Zelda in a game with such a small cast... :p

But that's an interesting question: if you could choose, now, between a totally new Ganondorf with a great moveset inspired by the Zelda serie, and keeping Falcondorf but getting a brand new Skull Kid... what would you choose?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That would have been a bit too much for Zelda in a game with such a small cast... :p
It's the Zelda franchise, it deserves it.

But that's an interesting question: if you could choose, now, between a totally new Ganondorf with a great moveset inspired by the Zelda serie, and keeping Falcondorf but getting a brand new Skull Kid... what would you choose?
Without question Ganondorf with a completely new original moveset based off of his Ocarina of Time boss fight:

Edit: Oh, I didn't see that part there where you said getting Skull Kid while keeping Falcondorf. That's a hard one.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, cashing in the clones for Skull Kid in Melee would have made no sense.

Imagine the backlash if Skull Kid got in before Ganondorf

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman

Oof.

Skull Kid if we couldn't get both.

Not simply because of being an all new character, but people would probably stop with the triforce trio excuses. Not only reigniting hope in Midna, but speculation wouldn't look so grim for Zelda newcomers in general.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Oof.

Skull Kid if we couldn't get both.

Not simply because of being an all new character, but people would probably stop with the triforce trio excuses. Not only reigniting hope in Midna, but speculation wouldn't look so grim for Zelda newcomers in general.
I think I would choose the same. At this point, I'm used to the current Ganondorf, and even if I don't like him, he's "there". That's something. Skull Kid would bring some fresh air to the Zelda roster.

Back in Melee's time though, I would have prefer a non-clone Ganondorf. He's way more important than Skull Kid, Midna and everyone else and deserves an original moveset. Even if we wouldn't have more Zelda reps at this point, at least the cast would look decent enough.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I actually like Ganondorf as he is now, while I would like his energy ball, he's still a beast to play and a huge improvement over old croaky dorf from the last game.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I actually like Ganondorf as he is now, while I would like his energy ball, he's still a beast to play and a huge improvement over old croaky dorf from the last game.
Yes, this might be the best Ganondorf we ever had. But I can't get used to the Falcon Kick or the Falcon Dive...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, cashing in the clones for Skull Kid in Melee would have made no sense.

Imagine the backlash if Skull Kid got in before Ganondorf
Honestly, we should have just gotten a unique Ganondorf with a original moveset in Melee instead of the clones and Falcondorf. Literally, he deserves it being the main antagonist of one of the most iconic gaming franchises of all time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t know if this was shared in here before or not, but I don’t remember if it was, so...

YouTube recommended me this animation of a retelling of Majora’s Mask’s ending. I think it’s beautiful and well done, so I thought I’d share it here:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don’t know if this was shared in here before or not, but I don’t remember if it was, so...

YouTube recommended me this animation of a retelling of Majora’s Mask’s ending. I think it’s beautiful and well done, so I thought I’d share it here:
I've seen it before, and it's an interesting take on the ending. Link and Tatls farewell was always very bittersweet, poor Tatl couldn't bring herself to say a proper goodbye.

But I like to think that wasn't the last the saw each other, we know Link hangs around Termina for a little while to perform in the band.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They put Skull Kid in Cadence of Hyrule; you can play as him and use different masks. I want to buy the game now.

Video: https://youtu.be/Ezeo6Uoent4

He’s DLC though, with his own quest or something (not sure whether he can be used in the normal map or not), but I think it’s awesome.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm originally gave cadence a pass but I'm absolutely getting it now. Honestly this is big to me. It might be an indie game but it's that something that really raises Skull Kid above the competition. Obviously I'm not expecting him this game....

But the next Smash Bros? You can bet you're ass I'm already heaving the coal into the HYPE TRAIN and maybe a smidgen of hope for this game.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I don't know this game and will probably never buy it, but it's great to see such an hommage to Skull Kid and Majora's Mask!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm originally gave cadence a pass but I'm absolutely getting it now. Honestly this is big to me. It might be an indie game but it's that something that really raises Skull Kid above the competition. Obviously I'm not expecting him this game....

But the next Smash Bros? You can bet you're ass I'm already heaving the coal into the HYPE TRAIN and maybe a smidgen of hope for this game.
I still wish he would become playable in Ultimate though. Now is the perfect time with OOT Ganondorf, Young Link, and Shiek in the roster along with Gerudo Valley and Great Bay as stages as well as the Moon being Assist Trophy. N64 Zelda representation is almost perfect in this game, the only thing missing is a playable Skull Kid.

But yeah, congrats on Skull Kid being in Cadence of Hyrule guys.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

If anything this should at the very least prove that Impa and Skull kid are big enough faces from the Zelda series that can keep appearing in games to hype them up.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So what do you guys expect from this story? Do you reckon it will have much connection to Majora's Mask? Do you reckon we'll even see the Majora's Mask? Honestly the idea that Skull Kid can have a solo adventure without the Mask is kinda enticing. I wonder if this will open up more support for a Skull Kid without Majora's Mask.

Honestly it doesn't worry me either way, I've always cared more for the character than the mask

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the story, but I love that he seems to have a gimmick involving switching between masks.

It reminds me of a potential moveset I once thought about for Skull Kid in smash. It would've kinda been like pokemon trainer; you hold down-B to switch between S Kid, Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora. Its four characters in one, so it would take alot of work, but damnit Skull Kid deserves as much.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I always felt it was a bit weird giving Skull Kid the different masks, but now that I get to see it in action with Symphony of the Masks, I could be more open to it. But I still don't want him transforming into the likes of Deku, Goron and Zora.

Also tomorrow is Skull Kids day on Rate Their Chance. Let's skyrocket him to the top of the want list!! :)

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I always felt it was a bit weird giving Skull Kid the different masks, but now that I get to see it in action with Symphony of the Masks, I could be more open to it. But I still don't want him transforming into the likes of Deku, Goron and Zora.

Also tomorrow is Skull Kids day on Rate Their Chance. Let's skyrocket him to the top of the want list!! :)
Yeah, in an adventure, this mechanic can be great, I guess. But in Smash, we need familiarity. So Skull Kid + Majora's Mask.

QQS

Smash Lord
My most wanted ever in Smash History are:

1) Mega Man
2) Geno
3) Skull Kid

I already cried when Mega Man was revealed and for me is the best character reveal up to date. His design, moveset and everything is so amazing. The team gave him all the love he deserves.

On the other hand, given that Mega Man already got in, my most wanted character is Geno, which I think is happening playable 100% for many reasons, very soon also. That would make me so happy and revive the feeling I lived with Mega Man. With Geno as a fighter I consider myself done and paid forever in gaming, because I love that character and I’m on SmashBoards essentially for Geno, I played his game with 6 years old. I’m 30 now.

Finally, if for some reasons and divine intervention Skull Kid gets in as a fighter, I couldn’t believe such beautiness and I would think Im dreaming or something like that because I would have my 3 Most Wanted playable in Smash. It would be so epic to see an Assist Upgraded to a Fighter: Skull Kid. I played also Ocarina and Majora in 1998-2000 as a kid also.

That’s a summary of my 3 beloved characters ever. Hope Skull Kid joins the battle also!

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I was inspired by something I saw passing by today, that united two fanbases that were seen as "battling each other", by praising both equally, so I decided to do a similar thing for our two fanbases !
People sometimes see us, Midna and Skull Kid fans, as rivals to each other, so ... I thought it would be a good way to bring in the fact that both are valids, and that we're chill to each other !
Hope that you guys will like it
Skull Kid & Midna.png

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I was inspired by something I saw passing by today, that united two fanbases that were seen as "battling each other", by praising both equally, so I decided to do a similar thing for our two fanbases !
People sometimes see us, Midna and Skull Kid fans, as rivals to each other, so ... I thought it would be a good way to bring in the fact that both are valids, and that we're chill to each other !
View attachment 279974
importance means nothing to sakurai

Lenidem

Smash Lord
View attachment 279974
Well, Skull Kid and Midna are kind of rivals, that's a fact. But your message is great and I love the picture!

You could change "Skull Kid could reappear in the future" by "Skull Kid will soon be playable in Cadence of Hyrule!";)

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Well, Skull Kid and Midna are kind of rivals, that's a fact. But your message is great and I love the picture!

You could change "Skull Kid could reappear in the future" by "Skull Kid will soon be playable in Cadence of Hyrule!";)
Well, they are a bit rivaling, but TBH, it already happened that a game got 2 newcomers from the same game, and both Skull Kid and Midna are warranted at this point, so I never saw it as a "Me or them" scenario to be honest haha
I'm glad you loved the message behind it, and the image! It isn't from me, but I do love it very much too

As for the re-appearing one, I mentioned the Cadence DLC in there too hehe, it's just that I count it as an apparition already, even if the DLC isn't release yet, and I was more talking about main game apparition too, but it's fair enough!
I'm happy you like it though!

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Well, they are a bit rivaling, but TBH, it already happened that a game got 2 newcomers from the same game, and both Skull Kid and Midna are warranted at this point, so I never saw it as a "Me or them" scenario to be honest haha
I'm glad you loved the message behind it, and the image! It isn't from me, but I do love it very much too

As for the re-appearing one, I mentioned the Cadence DLC in there too hehe, it's just that I count it as an apparition already, even if the DLC isn't release yet, and I was more talking about main game apparition too, but it's fair enough!
I'm happy you like it though!
Oh yeah, I read too quickly, sorry!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
View attachment 279974
Thanks for sharing, it's always a pleasure to see art from you.

Even if the roster starts to shrink, Zelda more than any franchise could easily get away with 2 newcomers.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for sharing, it's always a pleasure to see art from you.

Even if the roster starts to shrink, Zelda more than any franchise could easily get away with 2 newcomers.
Ah ! The art isn't from me Mr. Nintendo, my style look a bit different ! It look more like this (Sorry I don't have a Skull Kid reference to share)
Complete 3.jpg

The one I used for this image is one I found online, I unfortunatly don't have the source since it comes from Pinterest, and I couldn't find the original post from it there ...

I appreciate the kind words though, but I just wanted to make sure people knew I wasn't taking the drawing as my own haha, it was just good to illustrate what I wanted

And otherwise, I definitly agree with you ! Zelda could def get 2 newcomers by next time, even if it's not Ult 2

Attachments

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ah ! The art isn't from me Mr. Nintendo, my style look a bit different ! It look more like this (Sorry I don't have a Skull Kid reference to share)
View attachment 279991

The one I used for this image is one I found online, I unfortunatly don't have the source since it comes from Pinterest, and I couldn't find the original post from it there ...

I appreciate the kind words though, but I just wanted to make sure people knew I wasn't taking the drawing as my own haha, it was just good to illustrate what I wanted

And otherwise, I definitly agree with you ! Zelda could def get 2 newcomers by next time, even if it's not Ult 2
My mistake, and thanks for clarifying.

It's a shame you couldn't find the source though, I find its very important to credit the original creator of art whenever possible. Although since there's no signature on the art, maybe they just wanted to remain anonymous.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
My mistake, and thanks for clarifying.

It's a shame you couldn't find the source though, I find its very important to credit the original creator of art whenever possible. Although since there's no signature on the art, maybe they just wanted to remain anonymous.
Yeah .. I also try to credit whenever I can, but when there is no signature, and lot of different links with different authors of the same drawing .. I can't credit one person because I don't know which one is the real artist you know ?

But don't worry that, as a fellow artist, I know the importance of that

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My most wanted ever in Smash History are:

1) Mega Man
2) Geno
3) Skull Kid

I already cried when Mega Man was revealed and for me is the best character reveal up to date. His design, moveset and everything is so amazing. The team gave him all the love he deserves.

On the other hand, given that Mega Man already got in, my most wanted character is Geno, which I think is happening playable 100% for many reasons, very soon also. That would make me so happy and revive the feeling I lived with Mega Man. With Geno as a fighter I consider myself done and paid forever in gaming, because I love that character and I’m on SmashBoards essentially for Geno, I played his game with 6 years old. I’m 30 now.

Finally, if for some reasons and divine intervention Skull Kid gets in as a fighter, I couldn’t believe such beautiness and I would think Im dreaming or something like that because I would have my 3 Most Wanted playable in Smash. It would be so epic to see an Assist Upgraded to a Fighter: Skull Kid. I played also Ocarina and Majora in 1998-2000 as a kid also.

That’s a summary of my 3 beloved characters ever. Hope Skull Kid joins the battle also!
I didn't know you were a Skull Kid supporter. Welcome friend. ;)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
anyone else hoping skull kid gets unique bosses in his story in cadence of hyrule? id love to see musical versions of the MM bosses

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
anyone else hoping skull kid gets unique bosses in his story in cadence of hyrule? id love to see musical versions of the MM bosses
I'm not sure what I want from it. It is called Symphony of the Mask, so I am expecting some significance to that beyond just skull Kids gimmick so we could see some Majora's Mask bosses.

But I also haven't played the game, I don't know if they'd make sense in the context of the game. And I also kinda like the idea of Skull Kid standing on his own and not being tied to a specific game. But I also love my Majora's Mask fan service.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure what I want from it. It is called Symphony of the Mask, so I am expecting some significance to that beyond just skull Kids gimmick so we could see some Majora's Mask bosses.

But I also haven't played the game, I don't know if they'd make sense in the context of the game. And I also kinda like the idea of Skull Kid standing on his own and not being tied to a specific game. But I also love my Majora's Mask fan service.
well what sense they may or may not make will depend entirely on the story

I do think it says something that both 3rd party companies that have gotten to make spin off games have added in skull kid sooner or later

QQS

Smash Lord
I didn't know you were a Skull Kid supporter. Welcome friend. ;)
thanks my friend! :) yes! Geno is my Most Wanted character but Zelda is my favorite franchise (speaking of Zelda, Skull Kid is my most wanted there).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull kids day on rate their chance has officially begun!! He's being rated alongside Midna and Lyn, be sure to get in there and show your support (and don't forget The 4 sentence per rating rule)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Top Bottom