• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Anyways this is going kind of off-topic now so I recommend someone to steer the conversation back to SkullKid, I got nothing.
What about the video OnyanRings OnyanRings posted earlier? It's a complete and original moveset, even if I don't like the idea.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Big news everyone

MAJORA'S MASK IS 20 YEARS OLD TODAY!!!

Cheers to 20 years of perfection! What is your favourite memory of the game?

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Big news everyone

Maybe that moment when you release the researcher from his curse and his daughter jumps into his arms, crying and saying it was only a bad dream. One of the most emotional moments in the Zelda serie, thanks to the song of Healing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Big news everyone

Omg I feel so old now. I remember first playing the game with my sisters with the lights out in the room back in 2000 around the time it come out in the USA. My favorite memory of the game? Hmm... That's a tough one. Probably either when Skull Kid met Tael and Tatl or when the little girl hugged her father after he transformed back to normal. There are so many great scenes in that game it's really hard to choose which scene was the most memorable.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Big news everyone

I gotta give it to the first time Link transformed. As a kid, seeing the child hero of Zelda screaming in apparent pain with his face changing was just terrifying, but it really sets the mood for what Termina holds.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
When you got The Fierce Deity's Mask and absolutely wreck Majora.
Or when you first dive into Great Bay with the Zora Mask and travel so quickly throughout. (This and the last one are N64 only)
Or when you cut Twinmold to pieces with the Giant's Mask.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Big news everyone

When you first confront Skull Kid at the top of the clock tower and he taunts you to just try and find a way to stop him.

QQS

Smash Lord
I completely support Skull Kid cause I love this character, design and everything about him. He is one of my top requests since ancient times. He would be a good addition in terms of design, moveset, representation and respect for the Zelda franchise. New moveset, songs and also, paying tribute to and epic (probably my favorite) Zelda game. It works also in the Heroes vs Villains sequences, Young Link vs Skull Kid and all the back to the roots scenario we have already seen.

My list of Top Requests has always been:

1) Mega Man (already accomplished my dream)
2) Geno (big fan, I think he is #77)
3) Skull Kid (would be a perfect addition)
4) Banko-Kazooie (already in)
5) Zero
6) Knuckles (I would be fine with Tails also)

Even though Geno is my most wanted character right now, I would love to see Skull Kid joining the battle also!

By the way, Zelda is my favorite franchise, you can check and like my Full Zelda amiibo collection here: :ultrobinf:ZELDA COLLECTION

Thanks!
4C0BC54C-F8C9-4509-BB26-717ADA6CC781.jpeg

(Credits to the artist)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
When you first confront Skull Kid at the top of the clock tower and he taunts you to just try and find a way to stop him.
YES! That line has always stood out to me

"if it's something that can be stopped then just try to stop it"

UserKev

Smash Champion
Honestly, my most memorable experience in MM is constantly attempting to bypass the Goron that prevents you from entering Snowhead temple. Not having any idea what I was supposed to do to enter, I eventually gave up, came back to the level and started playing every flute notes :chuckle: This was in 2003, the MM wasn't mind, but was kind of given to me I guess.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Majora's Mask is one of the most satisfying games to 100% percent complete especially when you know where and who is going to be where at what time and the fastest route to get it all.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I never had Majora's on N64 but I managed to play and fully complete it on the re-release it had on the GameCube.

Trying to figure out the Couple's Mask was a nightmare but it lead to one of the most satisfying experiences I have had in a game. Definitely one of my favorite Zelda games for sure.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So who here has 100% percented Majora's Mask like myself?
I think I have - I can't remember if I've gotten all of the Heart Pieces, but I've at least gotten the Fierce Deity mask.

It's one of the few 3D Zeldas that I've beaten (thinking about it, it might just be that and Breath of the Wild for 3D Zelda games - I watched my brother, or other relatives, beat the others, which made me less motivated to play through them myself for some reason), though I'm hoping to change that with this quarantine.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never had Majora's on N64 but I managed to play and fully complete it on the re-release it had on the GameCube.

Trying to figure out the Couple's Mask was a nightmare but it lead to one of the most satisfying experiences I have had in a game. Definitely one of my favorite Zelda games for sure.
Couple's Mask wasn't that hard to get. Only problem is if you're not careful in Sakon's cave and you happen step on too many of the wrong switches to lose the mask only to restart the cycle all over again to repeat the process of getting to that point to obtain it.

I know a way of not going through Kafei and Anju to get to that point. Go to Sakon's cave during anytime of the day and run towards the side of the entrance with the bunny hood. You'll slip through the crack and access the loading zone.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Couple's Mask wasn't that hard to get. Only problem is if you're not careful in Sakon's cave and you happen step on too many of the wrong switches to lose the mask only to restart the cycle all over again to repeat the process of getting to that point to obtain it.
I was DSPing that entire section (without the raging of course) I was just really bad at that last part when I was playing it. Having to repeat all three days (or go thru the process of fast fowarding thru them was a bit discouraging so I can't say I instantly got it finished. Not one of my finest gamer moments looking back lol

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was DSPing that entire section (without the raging of course) I was just really bad at that last part when I was playing it. Having to repeat all three days (or go thru the process of fast fowarding thru them was a bit discouraging so I can't say I instantly got it finished. Not one of my finest gamer moments looking back lol
Like I said above, there is a way to slip through the crack and enter the loading zone with the bunny hood. I would use that method if things go to **** and you lose the mask. Though this glitch only works on the N64 version or any of it's ports. It does not work on the 3DS remake.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
That's also a pretty memorable moment, when you loose this mask, Kaefei is trapped, and Tatl tells you that you have no choice but play the song of time. It's... sad. Makes you wonder when you can free all this people for good.

By the way, I always thought it was weird that the mere fact of having a mask is enough to unlock the "good ending" of the quest related to this mask. Like in this case, once you get the Couple Mask, you can go back in time, do absolutely nothing to help Anju and Kafei... but that's good, they get married anyway. Granted, it's a gameplay facility, but still, it's a bit wierd.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've 100% it, but not until the remake.

It wasn't until then that I knew you had to complete Beaver swimming four times. First two times for a bottle, then again for the heart piece.

But I have since gone back to the original to 100% it.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh wow, didn't know it was Majora's 20th. Happy Birthday!

Man I had fun with that game. Be great if Nintendo just ported OoT/MM onto the Switch as well, now that the 3DS is made irrelevant. I wanna see this back on the big screen. I'd buy it again.

Hope everyone's doing okay!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oh wow, didn't know it was Majora's 20th. Happy Birthday!

Man I had fun with that game. Be great if Nintendo just ported OoT/MM onto the Switch as well, now that the 3DS is made irrelevant. I wanna see this back on the big screen. I'd buy it again.

Hope everyone's doing okay!
You have no idea how much I want a Zelda collection on Switch. I remember the good old days of GameCube when every Zelda game was compatible with the one system. It'd be nice if the Switch accomplishes something similar, and for more franchises than Zelda, I'd like a lot of legacy Zelda games on Switch

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So in your opinion guys, what Heart Piece is the hardest to obtain in Majora's Mask? For me it would have to be the dog race Heart Piece in Romani Ranch. It's basically RNG because you're betting on one of the dogs to win in a race and you don't know which run will be the fastest. Mask of Truth could help of course determining which dog that is due to their sentences but it's still RNG.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
You have no idea how much I want a Zelda collection on Switch. I remember the good old days of GameCube when every Zelda game was compatible with the one system. It'd be nice if the Switch accomplishes something similar, and for more franchises than Zelda, I'd like a lot of legacy Zelda games on Switch
That couldn't hurt, but I wouldn't buy it. I already have every existing Zelda game on it's original console except the first two, but I have the NES Mini.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think the Gamecube Collector's Edition version of Majora's Mask is the worst version of the game due to it randomly crashing once in awhile between accessing the loading zones. For anybody that has never played Majora's Mask, I wouldn't recommend playing that version because of the random crashing.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think the Gamecube Collector's Edition version of Majora's Mask is the worst version of the game due to it randomly crashing once in awhile between accessing the loading zones. For anybody that has never played Majora's Mask, I wouldn't recommend playing that version because of the random crashing.
Yes, that version was emulated poorly due to the original needing the Expansion Pak. Ocarina of Time didn't need one, so it's A-okay in CE. :yoshi:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The collectors edition was actually my primary version growing up, it served me pretty well actually. It wasn't until later in life so I have memories of that version crashing.

So in your opinion guys, what Heart Piece is the hardest to obtain in Majora's Mask? For me it would have to be the dog race Heart Piece in Romani Ranch. It's basically RNG because you're betting on one of the dogs to win in a race and you don't know which run will be the fastest. Mask of Truth could help of course determining which dog that is due to their sentences but it's still RNG.
I'm replaying the game right now, I skipped getting the swamp archery minigame, I basically cheesed save states one Wii U because the controls are infuriating (too use to Gyro controls now) I beat it a second time but I don't think my score was high enough because I still didn't get the heart piece.

I really want a best of both worlds version of the game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm replaying the game right now, I skipped getting the swamp archery minigame, I basically cheesed save states one Wii U because the controls are infuriating (too use to Gyro controls now) I beat it a second time but I don't think my score was high enough because I still didn't get the heart piece.

I really want a best of both worlds version of the game.
I always get a perfect score everytime I play the archery game either in Clock Town or in the swamp. I always repeatedly play the archery game in my playthroughs of the game so I can stack up money real fast to obtain the Heart Piece you get after depositing 5,000 rupees in the bank.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I always get a perfect score everytime I play the archery game either in Clock Town or in the swamp. I always repeatedly play the archery game in my playthroughs of the game so I can stack up money real fast to obtain the Heart Piece you get after depositing 5,000 rupees in the bank.
Fastest way to get money in Majora's Mask is by shooting cursed bubbles (floating skulls) with Light Arrows. Guaranteed 50 rupees every time and you can get them to respawn by just going in and out of Clock Town, or just by going far enough.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fastest way to get money in Majora's Mask is by shooting cursed bubbles (floating skulls) with Light Arrows. Guaranteed 50 rupees every time and you can get them to respawn by just going in and out of Clock Town, or just by going far enough.
I never knew about that though I knew about shooting the bird thief enough would give you more than 200 rupees. Still, I prefer playing the archery.

Emelie

Smash Cadet
Since it's the 20th anniversary I've been re-playing MM on the 3DS. It's amazing how much Kozumi and Aonuma managed to say in the text without being too wordy and still easy to read for kids.

My favorite moment from MM would be entering the moon for the first time and seeing the lush green fields with the children running around playing. It's interesting looking back at it as an adult too.

It think Hylian Dan's essay "Immortal Childhood" on Zelda Universe explains this scene in the best way. I think the tree in the middle is the most interesting since this imagery shows up a lot in the series like the Deku tree dying and a new one being born and the Deku butler's son becoming a tree after dying.

Then there is also the Flute Boy from Link to the Past who turns into a tree. I've always wondered if Skull Kid is a reference to him since he also plays the flute.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Then there is also the Flute Boy from Link to the Past who turns into a tree. I've always wondered if Skull Kid is a reference to him since he also plays the flute.
Since Ocarina of Time takes place in the timeline way before a Link to the Past, perhaps the Flute Boy is a descendant of Skull Kid.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Since Ocarina of Time takes place in the timeline way before a Link to the Past, perhaps the Flute Boy is a descendant of Skull Kid.
We see the father's (or the grand-father's?) boy in Kakariko Village and he looks like a regular Hylian. He complains that his boy "went and seek for the golden power and never came back". So you can assume that he somehow found an entry to the Dark World and ended up stuck in the woods while some part of his soul could still access to the Light World and play music as a hologram. So I don't think he has anything to do with Skull Kid.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We see the father's (or the grand-father's?) boy in Kakariko Village and he looks like a regular Hylian. He complains that his boy "went and seek for the golden power and never came back". So you can assume that he somehow found an entry to the Dark World and ended up stuck in the woods while some part of his soul could still access to the Light World and play music as a hologram. So I don't think he has anything to do with Skull Kid.
It would be cool though if Flute Boy was Skull Kid's descendant as unlikely as that is.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
It would be cool though if Flute Boy was Skull Kid's descendant as unlikely as that is.
I disagree. Connecting everything is not always a good idea. The world of Zelda is vast, many people have some kind of connexion to the woods or something else and they don't have to be related to each others.

Top Bottom