• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
For me, it's also the fact that the N64 was the console that really made me a gamer and a Nintendo fan. I was passionate about it, and the two ''Zelda 64'' are, in my opinion, the golden age of the 3D Zelda. Skull Kid embodies that perfectly: Majora's Mask was a sequel who dared to do new, original and risky stuff (the masks, the three-days cycle) while the following games only pretended to do so (turning into a wolf brings absolutely nothing) and/or only did it on a superficial plane (the controls, the graphics). Until Breath of the Wild.

In short, Skull Kid represents a true master piece. And I would go as far as saying he is the only Zelda potential newcomer to do so. (Well, there is also Pig Canon, but he is related to the serie in general, not to one game in particular.)
Wow. That's great. Here's mine, btw, if anyone's curious: https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1214670843822952448?s=19
Yes, I tweeted about it and there's a lot more than just this, but it's because it takes time to summarize everything and I am genuinely curious to know why other SK fans like him.

Also, if someone feels more comfortable on Twitter they can respond to me in the tweet (if they haven't done so here, of course).

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Wow. That's great. Here's mine, btw, if anyone's curious: https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1214670843822952448?s=19
Yes, I tweeted about it and there's a lot more than just this, but it's because it takes time to summarize everything and I am genuinely curious to know why other SK fans like him.

Also, if someone feels more comfortable on Twitter they can respond to me in the tweet (if they haven't done so here, of course).
I don't have Twitter, so you can quote me in a comment if you want.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
So... We pushing for SkullKid soon or what? It's not like we've got anything left to loose, and the Night of the Moon celebrations will definitely not be enough to get our boi in Smash!

We've got six chances. Let's try not to waste them.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So... We pushing for SkullKid soon or what? It's not like we've got anything left to loose, and the Night of the Moon celebrations will definitely not be enough to get our boi in Smash!

Those 6 chances have already been chosen. Pushing for Skull Kid shouldn't just be some single event. All it should amount to is talking about him. If someone ask for your most wanted, say Skull Kid.

It's not complicated.

Disturbedfan199220

Smash Rookie

The N64 really got me into gaming I loved Majoras Mask and we need more Zelda villains other than Ganondorf. Here is my ideal roster of Legend of Zelda Characters in a Smash Game, (If I were directing it of course). Sakurai or whoever directs Ultimates Sequel should really consider adding all of these guys and girls, The more characters we have for players to choose from the merrier!!!

* = New Character
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link
Toon Link
*Toon Zelda/Tetra: (Use Down Special two transform between both characters)
*Skull Kid
*Midna/Imp Midna: (Use Down Special two transform between both characters)
*Lana: (Hyrule Warriors)
*Revali

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Those 6 chances have already been chosen. Pushing for Skull Kid shouldn't just be some single event. All it should amount to is talking about him. If someone ask for your most wanted, say Skull Kid.

It's not complicated.
I think Ultimate's final roster lineup is probably set in stone so all we have left to do for this game is pray that daddy Sakurai will promote our boi out of his snow globe prison. But let's not stop pushing for our boi because what we do now might help push him in a later Smash specifically Smash 6. Yes, it would be better if we got him in Ultimate, but let's not give up the dream if doesn't make it into this game.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Yeah, well. Skull Kid is my most wanted, but he's not a third party, he's not from Fire Emblem, he's not a Pokémon, and even worse: he's from Zelda. So I'm kinda pessimistic...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, well. Skull Kid is my most wanted, but he's not a third party, he's not from Fire Emblem, he's not a Pokémon, and even worse: he's from Zelda. So I'm kinda pessimistic...
But let's not give up on him just because he isn't perfect promotional material for Nintendo to capitalize on.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
But let's not give up on him just because he isn't perfect promotional material for Nintendo to capitalize on.
Oh he will stay my most wanted, and I will keep saying it. But I don't think it will change anything. Sorry for the pessimism.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh he will stay my most wanted, and I will keep saying it. But I don't think it will change anything. Sorry for the pessimism.
Let me just say this: If the Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fans didn't push on and on for years, they would have never gotten in.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I think like more after Geno because he is obliviously getting promoted in this game. Isaac on the other hand will probably have to wait until Smash 6 to get into the roster.
Damn, this whole thing blew up.

Yes, that is what I want to do. I want to try to get SkullKid to be the next Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo.

I know the vol 2 Pass is probably set in stone, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go for a push or hope for our character during the period of the whole second pass. If he isn't in as a fighter in Ultimate, at least we can hope for him in Smash 6, if that'll ever be a thing.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd like Skull Kid to be the next big thing too, but if there's one thing I've learnt since the game released is you can't force it. People will just end up hating the character instead.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

When Zelda fans see another Fire Emblem character get in

D

Deleted member

I might not be the biggest Legend of Zelda fan but I appreciate it for it’s Great exploration and linear gameplay!

I Skull Kid gets in one day! Really do!

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Skull Kid to be the next big thing too, but if there's one thing I've learnt since the game released is you can't force it. People will just end up hating the character instead.
Then what do you suggest we do? I'm quite sure waiting is not an option, as we've been doing that already and saying that we want SkullKid and yet he's still not in the game.

I do think more people will start disliking the character, but I also think there'll be more people liking the character as they'll go on to find out why we're pushing for said character. I think there'll be a balance of love and hate. You can't NOT have haters. It's just impossible.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You might have to accept that there's not much we can do at this point. Even Isaac support has dropped off immensely. We're part of the assist alliance, and just keeping discussion going on the discord channel is difficult enough as it is. Same here. People want a Zelda character definitely but at this point they don't care who it is.

If you really want to put him in the minds eye regardless of how people will actually react. Try making a daily topic about him on gamefaqs. Because that's what needs to happen. You can't just say "on this day we have push Skull Kid" we're not big enough for that anymore. It pretty has to be daily posts. We don't even have a million fake leaks to take about like the Geno thread (or whatever the **** they talk about, I avoid that place like the plague)

I however, I don't do daily topics because that sounds like spamming in my eyes. However if you really think it will make a difference, I might make an alt account for daily Skull Kid topics on Smashboards. I'll try and give it a positive spin so people don't respond too negatively.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
People want a Zelda character definitely but at this point they don't care who it is.
I don't know who this people are, but I'm not one of them. I do care, I really do. If it's Skull Kid, I'll open the champagne. If it's Tingle or Tetra, I will be very happy. If it's Impa, I will be ok. If it's anyone else, I will be disappointed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The four keys to victory is: Patience, willpower, endurance, and to not give up. Have all those elements at your side and you have the recipe to succeed regardless of want anyone else tells you.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
The four keys to victory is: Patience, willpower, endurance, and to not give up. Have all those elements at your side and you have the recipe to succeed regardless of want anyone else tells you.
That is, if you have any power on the situation. Life is not a shonen, sometimes you do your best and you still fail. But Smash Bros is just a game after all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That is, if you have any power on the situation. Life is not a shonen, sometimes you do your best and you still fail. But Smash Bros is just a game after all.
Skull Kid has enough going for him to reach the heights of popularity that Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac have all received. It's just we don't push our agenda and education of Skull Kid and Majora's Mask enough in the Smash community to show people what a gem of a character Skull Kid is.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid has enough going for him to reach the heights of popularity that Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac have all received. It's just we don't push our agenda and education of Skull Kid and Majora's Mask enough in the Smash community to show people what a gem of a character Skull Kid is.
Exactly. That's something I think we should do. (In my humble opinion, of course).

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
You might have to accept that there's not much we can do at this point. Even Isaac support has dropped off immensely. We're part of the assist alliance, and just keeping discussion going on the discord channel is difficult enough as it is. Same here. People want a Zelda character definitely but at this point they don't care who it is.

If you really want to put him in the minds eye regardless of how people will actually react. Try making a daily topic about him on gamefaqs. Because that's what needs to happen. You can't just say "on this day we have push Skull Kid" we're not big enough for that anymore. It pretty has to be daily posts. We don't even have a million fake leaks to take about like the Geno thread (or whatever the **** they talk about, I avoid that place like the plague)

I however, I don't do daily topics because that sounds like spamming in my eyes. However if you really think it will make a difference, I might make an alt account for daily Skull Kid topics on Smashboards. I'll try and give it a positive spin so people don't respond too negatively.
Ngl, can't deny some things, but I'm not exactly part of the alliance anymore. Honestly, imo, it was better off as a movement, but I hope SkullKid discussion is doing well there.

I don't think we should just have a bunch of fake leaks on Game FAQs. If someone's going to do the daily posting tho, I don't think it should be me. I'd gladly do it, but my sleep schedule is already messed up and I'd like to give other people a chance.

I feel like we've got to try something, but not to bombard people with lies about how SkullKid is gonna be fighter #6, 7, 8, 9, etc. I know there's not much we can do, but we should at least give these things a shot. Just because it didn't work last time doesn't mean it won't work this time either.

Even if we fail, we will make progress which can lead to success. Success comes from trial and error, after all.

Emelie

Smash Cadet
I think it's a shame that they didn't try to do more with Majora's Mask. Young Link being a clone instead of having a unique moveset based on the transformation masks always seemed stupid to me even as a kid.

And having Skull Kid as only a Mii costume also feels like a waste since his model is basically in the game? It is win-win situation. Less work for the development team and a popular character from a popular series that has been historically neglected in Smash makes the fans happy.

But then again I guess it's a little too late to advertise the MM remake. Maybe they should have waited with remaking the game and put it on the Switch instead. Even if Link's Awakening is my favorite video game, I can't help but think that it is a little funny that this game is on the Switch since it's basically the handheld Zelda while Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask can't be played on a big screen.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The part that really hurts me it music. Why doesn't Majora's Mask have any songs to call it's own? Termina Field doesn't count because it's just a remix of the series main theme (a really good one but anyway.)

Seriously imagine a track list like this I did for a Skull Kid fighter pack

Character Skull Kid
Stage Clock Town
Music
Stone Tower
Clock Town
Majora Battle
Deku Palace
Ikana Castle
A medley of Song of Healing, final hours, giants theme/oath to order
Boss Theme
Mini boss theme
Mayor's office
Magic hag potion shop

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't want Young Link to be centered around using his masks, at least not for this game. After regular Link got his moveset butchered for the sake of advertising the latest game, Young Link is the only way to have the traditional Link moveset.

Plus if you're going to go all in for one Link then you might as well do it for all of them. There's no excuse to not give Young Link the Majora's Mask designs for his gear though especially since his model was remade from the ground up along with having Fierce Deity Link for his final smash, but that's having the silly expectation that Sakurai would actually do more than the bare minimum for Zelda.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't want Young Link to be centered around using his masks, at least not for this game. After regular Link got his moveset butchered for the sake of advertising the latest game, Young Link is the only way to have the traditional Link moveset.

Plus if you're going to go all in for one Link then you might as well do it for all of them. There's no excuse to not give Young Link the Majora's Mask designs for his gear though especially since his model was remade from the ground up along with having Fierce Deity Link for his final smash, but that's having the silly expectation that Sakurai would actually do more than the bare minimum for Zelda.
Yeah. Although I'd love Young Link to use masks I understand where you're coming from.

It's sad to see Zelda be so underrepresented in characters and other series being overrepresented that are mediocre compared to stuff like Mario and Zelda. Sakurai clearly chose his bias for Byleth and it's what makes me think pessimistically about SkullKid's inclusion and the Zelda series reps in Smash.

I try to end on a positive note, but couldn't come up with anything this time. Some of you may be shocked to know that I am actually a pessimist. I just don't want people to think negatively about characters and other things.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Midna would be fine too.
I know she's popular, but I wouldn't like it at all. Twilight Princess was a major disappointment for me while Majora's Mask is a master piece, and I find Midna very bland. She's cocky, and that's all. The fact that she turns into a beautiful wise woman at the very end just show how generic the whole scenario is. Ocarina and Majora (and Wind Waker) were more simple and straight to the point because they didn't have to hide the emptiness at their core. They were great games. Twilight Princess is not.

I know, strong controversial opinion here. Hope I don't hurt any feelings.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hope I don't hurt any feelings.

In all seriousness your opinion seems to be quite common on this site considering how tiny her thread is compared to this one, for whatever reason. In fact this thread seems to be enormous compared to all the other Zelda rep’s support threads in terms of number of replies and overall activity, even the general Zelda one.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

In all seriousness your opinion seems to be quite common on this site considering how tiny her thread is compared to this one, for whatever reason. In fact this thread seems to be enormous compared to all the other Zelda rep’s support threads in terms of number of replies and overall activity, even the general Zelda one.
Don't feel too down about, the Midna support thread hit the reset button after release, while Skull Kid had huge boost pre-release for being essentially the only Zelda character left and things like the Moon assist, leaks and very dumb theories.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel too down about, the Midna support thread hit the reset button after release, while Skull Kid had huge boost pre-release for being essentially the only Zelda character left and things like the Moon assist, leaks and very dumb theories.
As the current owner of the Midna thread, yeah what he said is true, the old owner of the thread abandoned it as soon as the AT got revealed, it was a big shock for a lot of Midna fans to have her AT revealed right away... He was no exception
But since I take care of the Midna Discord (Which is pretty big BTW, we're around 80 members on that), and the Midna Twitter, I decided to go on and contact the admin to get back the Midna thread, unfortunately it wasn't possible... So I had to make a new one, and making a new thread about an Assist Trophy active in today's time, is a loooot of work haha, but I'm trying my best, we'll get there eventually, Midna is a very popular choice everywhere else, and often score as the Number 1 in Zelda Oriented Polls, I'm sure that given the time people will come back, and in the meantime, don't feel bad for liking such a wonderfully written and fun character hehe

I also agree with what you said before Mr, most Zelda fans are basically cool with anyone now, we've waited for so long, and the list of possible Zelda character is getting longer and longer, so yeah, most have their favorite, and some only stand by their favorites, but the majority of the Zelda fans would be okay with anyone, even if it's not their favorite

Lenidem

Smash Lord
As the current owner of the Midna thread, yeah what he said is true, the old owner of the thread abandoned it as soon as the AT got revealed, it was a big shock for a lot of Midna fans to have her AT revealed right away... He was no exception
But since I take care of the Midna Discord (Which is pretty big BTW, we're around 80 members on that), and the Midna Twitter, I decided to go on and contact the admin to get back the Midna thread, unfortunately it wasn't possible... So I had to make a new one, and making a new thread about an Assist Trophy active in today's time, is a loooot of work haha, but I'm trying my best, we'll get there eventually, Midna is a very popular choice everywhere else, and often score as the Number 1 in Zelda Oriented Polls, I'm sure that given the time people will come back, and in the meantime, don't feel bad for liking such a wonderfully written and fun character hehe

I also agree with what you said before Mr, most Zelda fans are basically cool with anyone now, we've waited for so long, and the list of possible Zelda character is getting longer and longer, so yeah, most have their favorite, and some only stand by their favorites, but the majority of the Zelda fans would be okay with anyone, even if it's not their favorite
All in all, I consider you lucky to have seen your favorite disconfirmed so early. At least your hopes didn't get too high. Damn, even now, thinking of how Skull Kid was disconfirmed at the last minute on the website, not even on the direct, and after the Moon assist... Grr. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom