• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hey there. I come from the Geno boards to bring up a really neat idea that can both portray both of our characters in a really awesome light. I was thinking about maybe suggesting both Skull Kid and Geno to participate in ScrewAttack's Death Battle series on Youtube together. They get millions of views and I think having them explained and shown in combat would open the eyes for a lot of fresh faces or individuals on the fence about either one.

There are a lot of similarities between both Geno and Skull Kid with their given history as a gaming character.

-Both have only played one major role in a game. (Rest are cameos or never to be heard from again)
-Both (♥♪!? and Majora) are Demi-God level beings possessing wooden vessels. One wants to save their world. The other wants to destroy theirs.
-Both are from legendary Nintendo franchises (Mario and Zelda)

I think the similarities are too good to pass up. If you guys are interested, I am looking to advertise this idea on Operation StarFall as we just also finished up a crazy letter campaign for NoA. This would be my next project to work on but I wanted to maybe collaborate and share the suggestion with you guys as well.

If you are interested, here is what I suggest filling the form out with.

FILL OUT FORM HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLOlKAHrl0y0BYppKsxS9XP5B3HREj8pqdOK73vx_ETpNVVg/viewform

Character 1: Geno (♥♪!?)
Character 1 Source: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Character 2: Skull Kid (Majora)
Character 2 Source: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
I'd love to hear your feedback on this and let me know if it is something you guys would like to help us out with! :starman:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hey there. I come from the Geno boards to bring up a really neat idea that can both portray both of our characters in a really awesome light. I was thinking about maybe suggesting both Skull Kid and Geno to participate in ScrewAttack's Death Battle series on Youtube together. They get millions of views and I think having them explained and shown in combat would open the eyes for a lot of fresh faces or individuals on the fence about either one.

There are a lot of similarities between both Geno and Skull Kid with their given history as a gaming character.

-Both have only played one major role in a game. (Rest are cameos or never to be heard from again)
-Both (♥♪!? and Majora) are Demi-God level beings possessing wooden vessels. One wants to save their world. The other wants to destroy theirs.
-Both are from legendary Nintendo franchises (Mario and Zelda)

I think the similarities are too good to pass up. If you guys are interested, I am looking to advertise this idea on Operation StarFall as we just also finished up a crazy letter campaign for NoA. This would be my next project to work on but I wanted to maybe collaborate and share the suggestion with you guys as well.

If you are interested, here is what I suggest filling the form out with.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this and let me know if it is something you guys would like to help us out with! :starman:
I was going to write about it here in case you or Mr. Nintendo haven't done so already. Guess I was a little too late, huh? Oh well.

Yeah guys, so me and Mr. Nintendo both agreed that it would be beneficial to collaborate with the Geno Squad, so that's exactly what we did. We want to push these two into a Deathbattle video. This would get both SkullKid and Geno some exposure, and while it isn't Smash related, we still think it could help us out, so please fill out the form. You'll find all the info you need there.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I never agreed to it.

Honestly Death Battle is the wrong tree to be Barking up. Not to mention both characters don't really have enough source material for it. They're full power is kinda vague.

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellow Marauders!

I know a little while ago I said I was drawing up a Skull Kid moveset. Unfortunately, I got a very deep and serious cut to my writing hand while preparing food, a cut that required 5 stitches and lots of bandaging. The good news is I'm healing well and I should be totally fine, aside from a cool scar, but I just wanted to give a heads up on why it's been taking a bit. The stitches come out next Weds, so I should be good to continue by the end of next week!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey fellow Marauders!

I know a little while ago I said I was drawing up a Skull Kid moveset. Unfortunately, I got a very deep and serious cut to my writing hand while preparing food, a cut that required 5 stitches and lots of bandaging. The good news is I'm healing well and I should be totally fine, aside from a cool scar, but I just wanted to give a heads up on why it's been taking a bit. The stitches come out next Weds, so I should be good to continue by the end of next week!
Yikes, I hope you heal well.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I never agreed to it.

Honestly Death Battle is the wrong tree to be Barking up. Not to mention both characters don't really have enough source material for it. They're full power is kinda vague.
If I had to play devil's advocate, Geno and Skull Kid have a ton in common when you just look at them as characters.

-Both are extremely super popular characters from the biggest franchises Nintendo has (Mario and Zelda)

-Both are deity level beings that possess wooden vessels to either achieve saving the world (Geno) or destroying the world (Majora)

-They both are super beloved characters within their gaming fandoms while only having one major canon appearance to their name from over 20 years ago (Mario RPG and Majora's Mask) while since then remaining unjustly out of the public eye since.

-Both have symbolic ties with celestial stuff with stars and the moon (this one is somewhat of a reach)

I think you are selling the two characters short of what the additional publicity can do. I think it would be fun to perhaps push and see. It is okay if you aren't on board. There just may be others in the community who might want be interested so I'd like to extend the offer. That is all.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Throw me on that support list, Majora's Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda game along with BotW, and Skull Kid is one of my favorite villains in the series!!

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellow Marauders!

Ouch. Don't rush it. Take as much time as you need to heal and draw the moveset. I hope you'll be able to draw soon!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Geno vs Skull Kid is interesting.

Although Geno has less material to work with, all he has for now is just his own game.

Have there been good calcs before? I know Majora at least is Planet Level.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! I was wondering. Is there a tutorial somewhere to make a Skull Kid Mii Fighter as convincing as possible? (Same question with Isaac.)

P47

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! I was wondering. Is there a tutorial somewhere to make a Skull Kid Mii Fighter as convincing as possible? (Same question with Isaac.)
Shameless self plug for my own Isaac and Skull Kid Miis (both have their moves editable but I'll make new ones if you want their voices or Issac's face changed)

Skull Kid: 3G1DBVNL
Isaac: NWD0712D

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I've got to admit, I never used the online service so I don't know what to do with those codes. You can download Mii fighters? :p

P47

Smash Apprentice
I've got to admit, I never used the online service so I don't know what to do with those codes. You can download Mii fighters? :p
Yup. Go into Shared Content, Search, and then Enter ID to enter in the codes

If you don't have NSO here are the Miis I made:
  • Isaac: 1232 moveset, Type 10 High voice
  • Skull Kid: 1211 moveset (Feint Jump instead of Head On Assault also works), Type 8 High voice
Faces are attached below (feel free to make changes as you see fit)

Attachments

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Yup. Go into Shared Content, Search, and then Enter ID to enter in the codes

If you don't have NSO here are the Miis I made:
  • Isaac: 1232 moveset, Type 10 High voice
  • Skull Kid: 1211 moveset (Feint Jump instead of Head On Assault also works), Type 8 High voice
Faces are attached below (feel free to make changes as you see fit)
Great, I will try that! Thank you very much!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sakurai's moveset quote from the Terry presentation is great news for Skull Kid because Skull Kid would have a extraordinary moveset. Let's just pray for now that some Assist Trophies will get promoted.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai's moveset quote from the Terry presentation is great news for Skull Kid because Skull Kid would have a extraordinary moveset. Let's just pray for now that some Assist Trophies will get promoted.
Yeah. Hopefully some day. If an Assist does get promoted in the future, we can push for SkullKid.

I've been gone for a while (sorry about that), but I was kind of expecting more activity here. Then again, I can't say I'm too surprised. We don't really have much to do as of now.

I guess I could pull some shameless self promotion here, for now. In the SkullKid Support Discord Server, there's currently an event called "Termina's Art Gallery".

In this event people have around 4 weeks to create a new pfp and background picture for the Night of The Moon Twitter account. Whichever picture has the most reactions, that picture will be added to the Night of The Moon account.

You can read more info in the announcement channel of the server.
https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1174824612284313601?s=1

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Has anyone here ever played or watched a Zelda randomiser? Both Oot and MM have pretty good ones, especially Oot. They really breath new life into these amazing games.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone here ever played or watched a Zelda randomiser? Both Oot and MM have pretty good ones, especially Oot. They really breath new life into these amazing games.
I haven't, probably should, but I'm kind of busy with studying for my exams and I've been getting tons of homework.

I'll watch it when I'll have some free time. Maybe during the holidays.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
AVGN might be doing an episode on Majora's Mask

EDIT: It's Official!

Where can I get that mask?
Does he purposely suck at video games? Because some of the **** he complained about felt contrived.

And you lose my respect when you say time limit is pointless.

Remove the time limit, you remove the game. Majora's mask does not work without it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
AVGN might be doing an episode on Majora's Mask

EDIT: It's Official!

Where can I get that mask?
I'll have to watch this later.

Does he purposely suck at video games? Because some of the **** he complained about felt contrived.

And you lose my respect when you say time limit is pointless.

Remove the time limit, you remove the game. Majora's mask does not work without it.
I think James and Pat don't like the N64 at all, especially Pat the NES Punk.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I watched that video last night, and good lord it's easily one of AVGN's worst videos. Pretty much all of his complaints are either extreme exaggerations or him being genuinely bad/stupid at the game. He complained about forgetting to get the heart piece after beating Twinmold and acted like he didn't know he'd be immediately warped out of the dungeon as if having it happen for the 3 other dungeons didn't hammer that into his head by then. The only valid complaint he had was the powder keg despawning on a new day cycle, but that's such a rare thing to have happen that I'm pretty sure it only ever happened to just him lmao. God there's just so much to tear apart here but what's the point? This is Arin's OoT Sequelitis video 2.0. Don't even get me started on the cringey skits these kinds of youtubers seem to be obsessed with. Between that and the sponsor shilling it takes literally 5 minutes before the video even really starts.

This video is going to start a new wave of "Majora's Mask sucks" from people who watch an eceleb who hasn't been good in years. Oh by the way don't forget to download Raid Shadow Legends™ for your mobile device.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I wouldn't say no to a sequel/spinoff but I feel like MM is perfect as is.
(I hope you guys don't hate me here, seems like most people in the AA dislike me now, which isn't really good. Not getting that much attention on the Twitter account, so I also kind of feel like quiting sometimes).
Don't let it get to ya. It feels like Skull Kid was this close to making it in the base game with the Mii costume and Moon AT and what not. If we ever get AT promotions I think Skull Kid will absolutely be one of them

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's hard to say if I want a Majora's Mask sequel or not. It's a great game and some of its charm is how mysterious it is. A sequel could answer questions I don't want answered.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I don't. Every great story doesn't need a sequel, on the contrary.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking people should focus on Smash only for now. Maybe when we're getting close or when we get SkullKid in Smash we can ask for a sequel. Then again, BoTW 2 seems to be a much better alternative.

This is a thread I made. It's only 4 Tweets, so I hope it doesn't take too much of your time reading it. https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1208534564316037122?s=19

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, make sure you're on the support list. We're almost at 250 supporters.
Yeah, I might post about it on the Night of the Moon account. I feel like this is more important than just talking about the background pic of the account.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
90s

11 unique slots

Zelda took 1

2000s

23 unique slots (wolf fans could make an argument for 24)

Zelda took 2

2010s

29 unique slots

Zelda took 0

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
90s

11 unique slots

Zelda took 1

2000s

23 unique slots (wolf fans could make an argument for 24)

Zelda took 2

2010s

29 unique slots

Zelda took 0
Are you talking about the Smash games? Because 64 had 12, Melee had 26 if you counted Sheik as her own character, Brawl had 39 characters if you counted the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as their own characters as well as Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, Smash 4 had 58, and Ultimate currently has 80 if you count the Echos as their own characters with more coming on the way.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, can I get your feedback on why SkullKid is so special for us?

As you know lots of people would like SkullKid in Smash, but I feel like they don't get why we really want him above any other character. I think if we answer this question to everyone we can get a lot more people to campaign for him or help us out.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Majora's Mask is my favourite game.

I love the dynamic between trickster Skull Kid and apocalyptic Majora's Mask. (if Majora's Mask ever gets a sequel, I want to see Skull Kid put on the mask and gain the will power and friendship shenanigans to overcome it's control)

Cool powers, would like to see more powers.

The Mask is very fascinating as well. I love all of the fan theories surrounding it.

And I genuinely love Skull Kid. I'll admit some of its just a character I think I've built for him (I've gone over how a Zelda TV show would work and gave Skull Kid a pretty significant role, especially in season 2) but to me his very charming and in some ways relatable. He wants nothing more than to be your Friend but struggles with his own behaviour and can push them away due to his pranks.

I'd love to write out my TV show one day. I have a good idea how season 1-3 plays out. Although people would need to keep an open mind because also meant to build up to a Smash Bros TV show (Samus would show up in Season 2, Two seasons of a Mario show set between seasons 2 and 3)

I have a general idea on how I'd want them to play out.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey guys, can I get your feedback on why SkullKid is so special for us?

As you know lots of people would like SkullKid in Smash, but I feel like they don't get why we really want him above any other character. I think if we answer this question to everyone we can get a lot more people to campaign for him or help us out.
Sure: Skull Kid as we all know made his debut in Ocarina of Time in the Lost Woods. He was really nothing more than a side character in that game and so was the Happy Mask Salesman. Link playing Saria's Song before Skull Kid in order to negotiate with him to sell the Skull Mask was the first time Link meets Skull Kid so when we hear Saria's Song, we are not only thinking about Saria, but we are also thinking about Skull Kid because of this.

When we see Majora's Mask, that also reminds us of Skull Kid since he is wearing it throughout the whole game up until the very end
when it turns out Majora's Mask has mind of it's own and was just using Skull Kid as a puppet.
Majora's Mask is one of the most iconic items in the entire Zelda franchise so when even non Zelda or Nintendo fans see it, they recognize it right away and say "That's from Zelda!".

The Four Giants also make us think of Skull Kid since he was their friend and quote on quote kind of betrayed them after putting on Majora's Mask. Them helping Link save Termina from Majora crashing the Moon into it is a highlight and symbol of the game.

In conclusion: When I think of Saria's Song, Majora's Mask, and the Four Giants I completely think about Skull Kid.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Sure: Skull Kid as we all know made his debut in Ocarina of Time in the Lost Woods. He was really nothing more than a side character in that game and so was the Happy Mask Salesman. Link playing Saria's Song before Skull Kid in order to negotiate with him to sell the Skull Mask was the first time Link meets Skull Kid so when we hear Saria's Song, we are not only thinking about Saria, but we are also thinking about Skull Kid because of this.

When we see Majora's Mask, that also reminds us of Skull Kid since he is wearing it throughout the whole game up until the very end
when it turns out Majora's Mask has mind of it's own and was just using Skull Kid as a puppet.
Majora's Mask is one of the most iconic items in the entire Zelda franchise so when even non Zelda or Nintendo fans see it, they recognize it right away and say "That's from Zelda!".

The Four Giants also make us think of Skull Kid since he was their friend and quote on quote kind of betrayed them after putting on Majora's Mask. Them helping Link save Termina from Majora crashing the Moon into it is a highlight and symbol of the game.

In conclusion: When I think of Saria's Song, Majora's Mask, and the Four Giants I completely think about Skull Kid.
Nice! I think this'll do nicely. I'll also maybe ask some other people too. If anyone else wants to add anything, please do so. I think all opinions matter and should be heard out.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
For me, it's also the fact that the N64 was the console that really made me a gamer and a Nintendo fan. I was passionate about it, and the two ''Zelda 64'' are, in my opinion, the golden age of the 3D Zelda. Skull Kid embodies that perfectly: Majora's Mask was a sequel who dared to do new, original and risky stuff (the masks, the three-days cycle) while the following games only pretended to do so (turning into a wolf brings absolutely nothing) and/or only did it on a superficial plane (the controls, the graphics). Until Breath of the Wild.

In short, Skull Kid represents a true master piece. And I would go as far as saying he is the only Zelda potential newcomer to do so. (Well, there is also Pig Canon, but he is related to the serie in general, not to one game in particular.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom