• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid is one of the least hopeful characters, honestly. I wouldn't expect the character to be heavily discussed until his fate is unknown. I wouldn't focus too much on the Assist Trophy movement, also.
So you're telling me that you'd rather just watch how things played out, instead of being the part of the action and try to change something? This may be our only hope for getting Skull Kid in Smash and you'd throw it all away? Nothing is going to happen if we just stand here and watch, we need the do something about this, all of us! Even if there is little hope for the character it shouldn't stop us from pushing for him and supporting him!
Plus, I'd hardly call Skull Kid having "little hope". In fact, at this point I'd say he has more hope than ever before for one reason—the Mii Costume. Take a look at how many characters were Mii Costumes in Smash 4 who become playable this time around—K Rool, Inklings, Chrom, and Isabelle off the top of my head, and Isabelle was an Assist Trophiy as well. A Mii Costume is pretty much "almost there" in terms of playability, and look at the Skull Kid costume! If you give the Mii darker skin it's pretty much perfect! Plus if Sakurai replacing trophies with Spirits is any indication, 3D models are the most difficult thing for creating a character, and in terms of Skull Kid, we already basically have that in playable form. Just give him the right moves and voice and you're done.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Plus, I'd hardly call Skull Kid having "little hope". In fact, at this point I'd say he has more hope than ever before for one reason—the Mii Costume. Take a look at how many characters were Mii Costumes in Smash 4 who become playable this time around—K Rool, Inklings, Chrom, and Isabelle off the top of my head, and Isabelle was an Assist Trophiy as well. A Mii Costume is pretty much "almost there" in terms of playability, and look at the Skull Kid costume! If you give the Mii darker skin it's pretty much perfect! Plus if Sakurai replacing trophies with Spirits is any indication, 3D models are the most difficult thing for creating a character, and in terms of Skull Kid, we already basically have that in playable form. Just give him the right moves and voice and you're done.
You are correct. I was thinking that because we got Majora's Mask as a Mii Costume (head gear) it meant Skull Kid was going to be in the next game, but now that we have the actual costume and it's not just the mask. If he looked similar to the Mii Costume, but had the right moves and the right voice he'd be perfect! We would also get a new stage and some more songs from Majora's Mask!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mii costumes don't guarantee a spot. Just look at Ashley and Takamaru. I saw a lot of people who were certain they would get in.

Still the recognition is nice and shows Skull Kid is at least on their mind.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Skull Kid is one of the least hopeful characters, honestly. I wouldn't expect the character to be heavily discussed until his fate is unknown. I wouldn't focus too much on the Assist Trophy movement, also.
Sakurai said Ridley got in due to his performance in the Ballot. Ridley was a stage hazard in Smash 4 when the Ballot was going on, so imagine if people stopped supporting Ridley after his deconfirmation. He wouldn't have finally gotten into the roster in Ultimate if the support died out after his deconfirmation in Smash 4 as a stage hazard.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sakurai said Ridley got in due to his performance in the Ballot. Ridley was a stage hazard in Smash 4 when the Ballot was going on, so imagine if people stopped supporting Ridley after his deconfirmation. He wouldn't have finally gotten into the roster in Ultimate if the support died out after his deconfirmation in Smash 4 as a stage hazard.
Wouldn't he though? Sakurai was already aware of demand and he was a meme, so even if Ballot results weren't as strong, I think he might have still gotten in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wouldn't he though? Sakurai was already aware of demand and he was a meme, so even if Ballot results weren't as strong, I think he might have still gotten in.
But I think Ridley's Ballot results was that final push in where Sakurai finally gave him the okay for him to get in. If not for the Ballot, K. Rool and Ridley would have never gotten in due to the fact they both were overlooked and passed over for 17 years before their inclusion. Also, if popularity awareness outside of the Ballot was a factor, why isn't Geno in yet? Sakurai knows he is popular and want's him in himself, but Square-Enix probably doesn't care about Geno and sees him as a niche character in a Mario spin off from more than 20 years ago.

The Ballot played a huge factor for those that were included in the roster because of it. K. Rool's last game appearance before Ultimate was in Mario Super Sluggers which was 10 years prior and his last appearance in a Donkey Kong game was in DK: Jungle Climber which was 11 years prior. Had it not been for the Ballot, we would have never seen K. Rool's face again period.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
But I think Ridley's Ballot results was that final push in where Sakurai finally gave him the okay for him to get in. If not for the Ballot, K. Rool and Ridley would have never gotten in due to the fact they both were overlooked and passed over for 17 years before their inclusion. Also, if popularity awareness outside of the Ballot was a factor, why isn't Geno in yet? Sakurai knows he is popular and want's him in himself, but Square-Enix probably doesn't care about Geno and sees him as a niche character in a Mario spin off from more than 20 years ago.

The Ballot played a huge factor for those that were included in the roster because of it. K. Rool's last game appearance before Ultimate was in Mario Super Sluggers which was 10 years prior and his last appearance in a Donkey Kong game was in DK: Jungle Climber which was 11 years prior. Had it not been for the Ballot, we would have never seen K. Rool's face again period.
Eh, I disagree. I think K. Rool overall won the Ballot, which is why he was included. But Ridley would've been in regardless, as Sakurai's gift to fans to make the game "Special".

As for Geno, I got no explanation for him, you'd think the ballot would've gotten him in, so it might be that Sakurai just felt he wasn't important enough, despite his personal feelings about him.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I disagree. I think K. Rool overall won the Ballot, which is why he was included. But Ridley would've been in regardless, as Sakurai's gift to fans to make the game "Special".

As for Geno, I got no explanation for him, you'd think the ballot would've gotten him in, so it might be that Sakurai just felt he wasn't important enough, despite his personal feelings about him.
I don't think Sakurai didn't want to add Geno. It might just be because of Square Enix, but we don't know that. I wouldn't be surprised though, as SE only allowed 2 FF songs and didn't even allow them to include the English voice of Cloud (only ever speaks in Japanese). Also, I don't mean to be that guy, but this might not be the right thread to talk about Geno, this is the Skull Kid thread, after all.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think Sakurai didn't want to add Geno. It might just be because of Square Enix, but we don't know that. I wouldn't be surprised though, as SE only allowed 2 FF songs and didn't even allow them to include the English voice of Cloud (only ever speaks in Japanese). Also, I don't mean to be that guy, but this might not be the right thread to talk about Geno, this is the Skull Kid thread, after all.
Yeah sorry, I don't even remember how all this started.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm here to say sorry for your loss at Zeldafest.

But I hope you all had fun having your Zelda centric Smash tournament with the Midna fans a few days ago. It's a nice fun thing I would had joined.

But well, it's obvious why I can't.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I'm here to say sorry for your loss at Zeldafest.

But I hope you all had fun having your Zelda centric Smash tournament with the Midna fans a few days ago. It's a nice fun thing I would had joined.

But well, it's obvious why I can't.
Yeah, we had a lot of fun even if we lost. It's the fun that counts, not the reward. JoyStar kind of forgot about it, but it's fine. I'm glad I was able to get a point for Team Skull Kid.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
So this tournament happened, and team Midona won? Is there a link?...

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Looks like it was fun! Too bad I don't have a Switch yet, I would have joined.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just had a Majora's Mask first!!

For the first time ever, I just caught the Great Fairy Fish in the 3DS remake (the true villain of the game)

my hand hurts.

And with that, I've caught every fish in the game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I just had a Majora's Mask first!!

For the first time ever, I just caught the Great Fairy Fish in the 3DS remake (the true villain of the game)

my hand hurts.

And with that, I've caught every fish in the game.
NIce, congratualtions.

100% Majora's Mask is something I can never do since collecting masks is one thing, but other stuff is harder.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Also new, I'm getting a brand new amazing laptop tomorrow, I'd like to use it to play Zelda randomizers, including the Majora's Mask one, which seems incredible. I've been watching a lot of them lately and they seem amazing.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Also new, I'm getting a brand new amazing laptop tomorrow, I'd like to use it to play Zelda randomizers, including the Majora's Mask one, which seems incredible. I've been watching a lot of them lately and they seem amazing.
That's great. Hope you have fun!

jankspanky

Smash Rookie
Hi, this is verysleepywolf with a new username. Felt the need to go with something more ridiculous.

I have a new channel and I've uploaded my first video. It's a tribute to none other than our most wanted lonely fella.

Have a gander:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hi, this is verysleepywolf with a new username. Felt the need to go with something more ridiculous.

I have a new channel and I've uploaded my first video. It's a tribute to none other than our most wanted lonely fella.

Have a gander:
You're doing God's work, my dude. Thank you.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Thought I'd share this from Man on the Internet:

Also, I somewhat-recently (earlier this month or so, I dunno) played through Majora's Mask 3D again, as my grandmother got me a new copy (also the official Skull Kid figurine sometime before :) ); it was nice playing through the game again. I collected all the masks, Great Fairy stuffs, and heart pieces, though I've only caught like two or so fish...I don't even know what all the fish are...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Man I hope we get a character playable who is also an assist trophy, if it to revive this thread to its former glory. MY BODY IS READY FOR IT

Last edited:

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
What are the odds the one person in the world that hates zelda is the one that decides the roster for smash bros

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wish we could have gotten a remix like this in Smash, it still hurts that the only MM song is just a remix of the series main theme

osby

Smash Obsessed
What are the odds the one person in the world that hates zelda is the one that decides the roster for smash bros
Zero. There are more than one person in the world who hates Zelda and Sakurai seems to like the series, talking very highly about the first game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Zero. There are more than one person in the world who hates Zelda and Sakurai seems to like the series, talking very highly about the first game.
Not only that, you have to look beyond the fighters. There's more to representation than characters. Yes it sucks Skull Kid wasn't playable and we haven't had a unique character since Melee. But the three main characters all received changes that have overwhelmingly been received positively. Zelda has more stages than any other franchise besides Mario. And the stages are among the most varied. It has loads of items and stages too. Zelda receives a lot of love that people often overlook.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Not only that, you have to look beyond the fighters. There's more to representation than characters. Yes it sucks Skull Kid wasn't playable and we haven't had a unique character since Melee. But the three main characters all received changes that have overwhelmingly been received positively. Zelda has more stages than any other franchise besides Mario. And the stages are among the most varied. It has loads of items and stages too. Zelda receives a lot of love that people often overlook.
That is correct. However, I don't think we should quit pushing for Skull Kid just because of that. I'm not hating on Sakurai, I'm sure none of us are. I love the guy, but there are still characters I want. With that being said, let's push for Skull Kid as hard as we can on April 27th! https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1114672717167497216?s=19

UserKev

Smash Champion
This is how I envision Skull Kid's stage entrance.

This is the wait stance I want Skull Kid to have. Very MM, badass and classic.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is how I envision Skull Kid's stage entrance.

This is the wait stance I want Skull Kid to have. Very MM, badass and classic.

Yeah, the entrance animation just goes without saying. Although idle would be interesting, I guess it depends on how much floating he does.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Skull Kid would still be my most wanted aside from the fact he is an assist trophy.

At this point if we were to get a non assist trophy promotion; I'd like Ryu Hayabusa, Jibanyan, Banjo & Kazooie, Elma, Shantae or Impa. (Not all of those characters are from games I've played but, are characters I think deserve to be in the game). Although I'd take True Form Midna if she was possible.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Yeah, the entrance animation just goes without saying. Although idle would be interesting, I guess it depends on how much floating he does.
Floating should be Skull Kid's run animation and taunt, otherwise It'd be gimmicky. His idle animation could also be to where he occasionally take out the ocarina or peek through the mask.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid would still be my most wanted aside from the fact he is an assist trophy.

At this point if we were to get a non assist trophy promotion; I'd like Ryu Hayabusa, Jibanyan, Banjo & Kazooie, Elma, Shantae or Impa. (Not all of those characters are from games I've played but, are characters I think deserve to be in the game). Although I'd take True Form Midna if she was possible.
I'm with ya, the moment we have a single assist promotion or new game, I'm hopping right back on the Skull Kid train. I'd like to keep discussion open until then, just to show there's interest, but that feels like a losing battle.

Honestly while also want Bandana Dee, at this point the only character I want I have any real hope for is Banjo & Kazooie. It's sad that in a Nintendo crossover I have no hope for any Nintendo character -__-,

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm with ya, the moment we have a single assist promotion or new game, I'm hopping right back on the Skull Kid train. I'd like to keep discussion open until then, just to show there's interest, but that feels like a losing battle.
That interest part is really tough to maintain. Its like once the character hits de-confirmation, it instantly vanishes without a trace. This is why I really admire the Lycanroc supporters for being so intelligent. I'm still the only one that post in the Mimikyu support thread and, there's almost no support following. Guess I'm the only real Mimikyu supporter still standing.

All Hail Me

Sarge
She gets the job done. I love the mental game I conduct to my opponents of the will he/won’t he fire the charge shot.

I am still lurking in the background supporting Skull Kid! But I am a dirty Samus main.
Same here, still lurking and supporting, except i'm a dirty Link main :p

E3 is getting close, there's a good chance we'll get a new DLC character revealed there (some are even hoping for a dual reveal) ... and with it maybe, just maybe, a glimpse of hope for characters trapped in the AT purgatory.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey everyone! Guess who ranked in the top 40 of Source Gamings poll!
4th highest assist trophy overall. Although Nintandrex sounded very dismissive of him >_>

Top Bottom