• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mashing

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
So, this might be a nooby question, but what's the best way to mash out of a buried state? I feel very uneven in how quickly I can do it, and half the time I manage to buffer a debilitating move for myself once I do get free since I can't react in time, giving them a free attack on me even if I dodge the one they do while I'm buried. So, how do I a) best mash out of bury, and b) make sure I stop attacking once I -do- break out?

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
This still needs research, but it seems the best method is spinning L stick in a circle. Mashing can get you out just as fast, but usually ends up in inputting an action accidentally.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Rotating the L stick diagonally to quickly go from up, to upper right, to right is what people did in Smash 4. But some people are saying simply button mashing is the best option now.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Change all your D-pad controls to something other than taunts (grab, shield, etc) and mash the hell out your entire controller. You will break out of grounded state extremely fast.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
so is rotating the L-stick faster slower than d pad? I try rotate the crap out of my l stick but it never seems to work. Or pressing every botton I can randomly faster?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I've actually since redacted the switching of the dpad to other actions. It feels faster to escape when you mash A, Y, and X along with spinning the control stick.

Top Bottom