• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masahiro Sakurai's newest project? His YouTube Channel

sakurai_header.jpg

Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games is Sakurai's newest project — A YouTube channel dedicated to creating video games. The videos are 2-5 minute insights on how he makes games, including a video about Frame Rates and insights to him developing Kirby's Dream Land.

In his first video, Masahiro Sakurai mentioned he's been given the OK to show some older development builds and files for his older games, including previous entries in the Super Smash Bros. franchise. He also mentions his reasoning for starting the channel: Helping game developers make their games a little more fun to play.

Author's Note: While it's a bit small for videos, it is cool to see another game director being transparent about the process of creating games. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Interesting that he seems to be doing this alongside his current game dev project. Whenever it gets announced, I wonder if he'll have the all clear to show some of the design process behind it on the channel?

Seeing the videos with exact same editing style and subtitle fonts as the Sakurai Presents of past gave me a warm feeling like I was back in the midst of a Smash Presentation, I must say.

Top Bottom