• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Tiara

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
All of my friends who play SSB have told me they thought Marth was a woman. I really don't blame them. Marth looks extremely feminine (especially in Brawl). His facial features and hair look like they could be either a guy or a girls. His clothes aren't particularly manly (not so bad in melee). Sometimes when you use a taunt at the end of the match in 1p modes (and it auto-zooms) it looks like he has small boobs because of the shape of his clothes.

But BY FAR the worst thing about him is that tiara.... Why would a guy wear a tiara... thats what a princess wears!

Either change his name to Princess Martha or remove the tiara if another SSB game is made. :laugh:

It wouldn't be a big change at all either way. Seriously.. how hard is it to remove a tiara.

And why does this matter.... he is a great character and would be fun to play if he didn't look like a manly woman. :ohwell:

Edit: Or even replace Marth with Roy (and give Roy Marth-like stats).

And no... this is not a joke thread. Its all honesty.

Smash Ace
I believe that he wears it for two reasons:

1) It's in honor of his dead sister, who owned it before him.
2) His fashion sense is abysmal. I mean, mine is pretty record-settingly bad, and even I wouldn't wear a tiara.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Would you ask Mario to leave his hat behind?

What you are asking is simply blasphemy.

If you can't get over one, tiny, hardly noticeable tiara and a few effeminate qualities, then you must not like the character much in the first place. So why even bother with him?

Ike is but a hair's width away from Marth on the character selection screen. He shall fulfill all of your manly needs.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
It's obviously to keep his hair out of his eyes, just like the clothing (or lack of) that women wear in fighting games (Super Smash Bros. not included) to allow for greater movement and flexibility.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
It's obviously to keep his hair out of his eyes, just like the clothing (or lack of) that women wear in fighting games (Super Smash Bros. not included) to allow for greater movement and flexibility.
BUT A TIARA!?

A hat? Helmet? I don't care if he wears a turban! Anything is an improvement. Atleast make it an alternate outfit.

xMiMix

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Ontario. I have a really good connection,
Eh, marth owns.
I could care less what he looks like. I move so fast you cant even catch the yellow (at times red, depending on the costume) pixels that are above his forehead.
His tipper ***** and that's all that matters to me. Besides, there are logical reasons why he has it. Its not like he wears it to look like a girl. He has a reason.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I move so fast you cant even catch the yellow (at times red, depending on the costume) pixels that are above his forehead.
His tipper *****.
Yeah the tipper is rediculously easy to hit with in Brawl (I think he got buffed from Melee to Brawl honestly.) But that tiara is like the icing on the cake for this girly guy. Its like playing as Michael Jackson w/ a rocket launcher. :ohwell:

And I agree... the turban would be really awesome.. it matches every outfit he has (provided its the same color.) Especially the white.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I read this thread and was about to facepalm...but I thought, why should I hit myself over your ignorance.

DON'T MOCK THE ******* TIARA!

I don't get why people think the "LOL! MARTH LUUKS LIEK A GURL!" jokes are still funny...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's not a tiara...it's his folded-up mech.

Just like Ganon doesn't use a sword, Marth doesn't use his magic dance and gundam summon abilities. that'd be broken.

mR h0pkinS

Smash Rookie
Google final fantasy and look at some of the male heroes. Im sure you will come upon the fact that the japanese impression of men resemble their own: Hairless, sensitive, and effeminite. Sure thats a low blow, but by God marth is a ***.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Isn't he what they call a bishonen? Every Japanese game and anime/manga has at least one of those.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
/thread

10MarthMechs
Marth's "shield breaker" was originally called "Giga Drill Breaker" but the entire mech sequence was animated using conventional 2D cel-shading and lasted for a good 20 seconds, which was considered way to cheap as a stalling tactic for a simple B move. So they dumbed it down quite a bit.

The "Golden Hammer" item is actually from one of Marth's many giant robots that he keeps stored in his tiara.

In Fire Emblem 1, you couldn't tell from the pixely graphics, but when Marth entered a battle with an enemy, it actually wasn't him that was fighting, but a giant robotic exoskeleton. His opponents also had mass-manufactured models. No wonder the trees in the distance looked so small.

His original victory pose in Melee consisted of an entire anime episode dedicated to Marth winning the battle and getting married in traditional Fire Emblem style, or the alternative victory pose, which consisted of a very rousing speech about courage and trusting not in yourself, but those who trust in you. He would then punch the losing character in the face very hard.

I think they made an anime about Marth recently, but they replaced him for some other character...

Shuma

Smash Hero
He is not badass enough to wear one of those things Ganon has on his head. That's why he wears a tiara and no moustache.

orintemple

Smash Lord
BUT A TIARA!?

A hat? Helmet? I don't care if he wears a turban! Anything is an improvement. Atleast make it an alternate outfit.
A hat would look strange for a prince, a helmet is too cumbersome. A tiara is at least a show of royalty. And don't say a crown, that would LOOK the best, but that thing would fall off in a second from all the backflips and running he does.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YalB0uEPqVk

Beginning of this. That's why Marth wear's a tiara.

That, and people automatically drop their guard, so he can stab them and they are ze dead.

Hell, I wear a tiara to tournaments now, and when someone's all "why did I lose" I'm all "because you feared the tiara". It's epic awesomeness.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YalB0uEPqVk

Beginning of this. That's why Marth wear's a tiara.

That, and people automatically drop their guard, so he can stab them and they are ze dead.

Hell, I wear a tiara to tournaments now, and when someone's all "why did I lose" I'm all "because you feared the tiara". It's epic awesomeness.
The anime looks cool! Thanks for the link. This should be interesting.

AsherXII

Smash Cadet
My theory, is that his tiara is actually a supersonic mental amplifying device which transmits radio active waves directly into his brain. Thereby enabling him to pull off such crazy Fair to Bair combos therin sending him to the higher "tiers". no normal person would be able to pull off such complex actions. The side effects: "Martha" (we all have to make sacrifices.)

My arguement is flawless.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I love Fire Emblem but his is Japan only....
This is no excuse. No excuse at all.

I own the actual FE3 cart, and the game is very playable even with Japanese menus. There is even an English patch and script out for the game, so you can use the script if you don't play ROMs and get the actual game instead, or just read the script to learn about the story itself.

Also, Hardin of the Orleans army wears a Turban in FE1 and 3.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
They should've gave Marth a move where he could throw his tiara around like Sailor Moon.

"Marth's tiara, magic!"

Top Bottom