• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Side-Smash can crash the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littl' Smasher

Smash Rookie
So far, I've had 2 instances occur where I used Marth's Side-Smash and it crashed the game. One was in mid-battle and the other time was in Training. I thought this was only a problem in the 3.6 Beta but it happened to me again in the full release. I don't know why this move from Marth can crash the game, but it's happened to me twice.

Littl' Smasher

Smash Rookie
Sorry about that it's my first time here. I'll make sure to follow the rules correctly next time.

Narpas_sword

You can edit your post and fix it up. =)

At the moment though, all I can do to progress this further is to fsmash with marth for a day hoping to recreate the problem. There aren't enough details to really begin diagnosis.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I've had the same problem. I don't know what it is, but there will be times where my game crashes.

It happened with Marth on PS2 during 3.6 beta, and it happened last night with Falco on PS2 on the full version of 3.6.

I don't use custom content. I do change some of the songs, though. Not sure if that counts as custom content. Maybe I put too many songs? I don't know. I can't give a report since it only happens once every few sessions.

Last edited:

$heen

Smash Ace
I think it's because of one of your custom songs. If you listen through each of your songs in the music menu, I'm guessing one of them will crash in the middle.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I think it's because of one of your custom songs. If you listen through each of your songs in the music menu, I'm guessing one of them will crash in the middle.
Yeah, Some Mods and the Game don't really mix...

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
So the best way to test it is by listening to each custom song in the music menu? If that's the best way to diagnose, I can give it a go.

Also, since my game crashed on PS2, is it most likely that the culprit is one of the songs for that stage, or is it the song that was currently playing when it crashed? Or it could be any song?

Last edited:

BlueLettuce

Smash Rookie
So the best way to test it is by listening to each custom song in the music menu? If that's the best way to diagnose, I can give it a go.

Also, since my game crashed on PS2, is it most likely that the culprit is one of the songs for that stage, or is it the song that was currently playing when it crashed? Or it could be any song?
If it's the song it is likely the one which PM was accessing at the time of the freeze. I would start there.

Spiker945

Smash Rookie
NNID
FrisbeeKidMaster
3DS FC
3995-7562-3390
My first account was stupid so I made another one so I have a second chance to be smart. I personally do not use any custom music or other custom mods so that wasn't the case. I am testing the songs on PS2 but the stages it crashed on me before was FD and DL so the music wasn't the problem. I haven't had it happen since so it might be patched but I do have another issue that I'll post sometime this week that involves with Luigi CPU and it has been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom