• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Plateau

ZDEG

Smash Cadet
What does one do, when you feel you've "Plateau'd"... I Play alot, and I cant seem to figure out what to do. I just feel like i keep getting worse.. :/

reslived

Smash Apprentice
play more. play different people especially. different better people. im personally not very good but i try to go out locally whenever possible.

ZDEG

Smash Cadet
that's the issue. No one I know plays locally. And i cant play nearly as well with wifi. In fact, i'm about to shatter my disc as we speak...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Don't give up.bro, God loves you bro. This game can be frustrating, but you can't give up hope if you want to improve. Do you play on allisbrawl ladder? Do you study any of the top 4 Marth mains? Have you read all of the informative guides on the Marth boards?

If you can improve on any of those areas, I suggest you start there.

:phone:

Tselel (5805)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chris_Tselel
Get a secondary.
That's what I've done. I try picking up different characters for the sake of having something to fall back on and improve my Marth. I get a kick out of playing Marth like my Game & Watch sometimes. Developing different styles to switch between has worked great for me.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I also feel like I have reached a plateau in my Marth game... I think tipping more hits would make me much better. Any tips (no pun intended) on how to space correctly as to tip more of my attacks?

C.J.

Smash Master
Play against a lv 3 computer, 99 stocks.

Don't miss a single tip, if you do SD. Your goal is to win by 50 stocks.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
To improve my reactivity, I go to special brawl then set the speed in accelerated with a music of battle, then I have a strange feeling when I come back to normal speed and I see every frame. But the problem is I have to do that every time before a match to be at my best.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
To improve my reactivity, I go to special brawl then set the speed in accelerated with a music of battle, then I have a strange feeling when I come back to normal speed and I see every frame. But the problem is I have to do that every time before a match to be at my best.
That's normal, it occurs because you get used to the accelerated time(1.5x or whatever special brawl speed is).
Then once you switch to a slower time (normal 1x) it's slower because you're used to playing much faster.

It works the same in reverse.

A good trick is to use headphones+music player, instead of the game audio, and just practice with those songs playing while you can't hear the game.

This way you movement is with the music, a constant speed, while the game is the same.

Jackson

Smash Lord
That's normal, it occurs because you get used to the accelerated time(1.5x or whatever special brawl speed is).
Then once you switch to a slower time (normal 1x) it's slower because you're used to playing much faster.

It works the same in reverse.

A good trick is to use headphones+music player, instead of the game audio, and just practice with those songs playing while you can't hear the game.

This way you movement is with the music, a constant speed, while the game is the same.
Interesting idea. I personally never train anymore with the game speed changed. Once, I turned it to 1.5 so I could be more reactive when the speed was turned to normal, but all it did was make me feel sluggish and it messed up my game for a few days.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Interesting idea. I personally never train anymore with the game speed changed. Once, I turned it to 1.5 so I could be more reactive when the speed was turned to normal, but all it did was make me feel sluggish and it messed up my game for a few days.
Well, even if I have to do it everytime, I still keep something from this train and improve my reactivity a little bit for futur match. But in my exemple I was talking about speed it up, and not slow it down. If i do ill feel sluggish too and it will mess my game.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I watch videos of other Marth players, and if they slip something into their playstyle that I like then I add it. I practice tipping on level 3 snakes, 99 stocks with unlimited time. Sometimes you just don't completely know your character and continue to learn.

My statement : A marth guide will not guarantee success, think outside of the box. DO WHATEVER WORKS.

Top Bottom