• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Puff; What do I do???

Greasy_SSBM

Smash Cadet
Hello!

As of late, I've been beating players of higher skill, but I'm losing to puff mains who aren't my level (props to them obvs, not discrediting their hard work). It really upsets me, as the only one to blame here is myself. I have little to no knowledge in this match-up (I have more knowledge vs Luigi than I do vs Puff ;P). If anyone could please help me out, I would very much appreciate any and all advice. I'm tired of losing in this mu, and I don't want my bracket runs to be halted by RandoPuff6382 anymore. :p

Thanks!
Greasy

Btw I don't have any vods of me playing Puff from recently. I'm sorry in advance for those who may ask.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
As a puff player, you want to avoid easy rest setups. Try to shield less, so they can't go for an up throw setup. Try to keep your moves on the ground, because they can punish with pound if you go airborne. Try to use its light weight against it, and box it out with
f-air ledgeguards. Use your high running speed and superior movement to outmaneuver any attempted aerial approaches. Dash dance almost always. That's pretty much all the advice I can give

Greasy_SSBM

Smash Cadet
As a puff player, you want to avoid easy rest setups. Try to shield less, so they can't go for an up throw setup. Try to keep your moves on the ground, because they can punish with pound if you go airborne. Try to use its light weight against it, and box it out with
f-air ledgeguards. Use your high running speed and superior movement to outmaneuver any attempted aerial approaches. Dash dance almost always. That's pretty much all the advice I can give
Thank you, I appreciate the advice! :)

Chiripp

Smash Rookie
This mu can change drastically depending on their playstyle (obviously). But if we're talking about the most common camping with bair puff it's acually not as hard as it seems, all you have to do is play puffs playstyle against her and just spam fair and carefully microspace to avoid trades and never go for combos, thats way too risky, after knocking her away simply wait for her to return to stage and repeat. Yes this mu is incredibly boring if played this way but it pretty much guarantees you the win unless the puff is really good. Good luck.

Top Bottom