• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Link

Who Wins the Match Up?

• Marth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salty Sam

Smash Rookie
I'm a Marth main in both Project M and I know how to L-cancel and have began to learn wavedashing. I play one of my friends fairly commonly who mains Link and Ganondorf and he knows no techicial skills like wave dashinf or L-canceling. I can beat his Ganondorf with no problems, even 4 stock him, but his Link always gives me trouble. His range is about the same as mine so what I know as normally safe options are no longer safe and I end up getting hit, usually with me paying more for the approach. If I try to bait him out he will just start to spam projectiles. I've read in a few places the match up is either dead even or in Links favor. Any tips on the match up on Marth's end or your opinions about the match up in general are appreciated.

P.S. Not sure if this needs to be said but I'm using the 3.6 version of Project M

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Link in my opinion is a frustrating matchup, even though very doable. If you learn to power Shield the projectiles, it willl make this matchup a lot easier. Powershielding the arrows and the boomerang especially will cause Link to be incapable of spamming projectiles momentarily, allowing you to close up space. Also, you can cancel you dash animation with shield, so use that to your advandatage. In addition, Marth, when dashing, goes pretty low, sometimes being able to avoid projectiles. I am pretty sure you can dodge under Link's fully charged arrows with Marth's dash. Once you are up close, don't swing your sword. Up close, Link has pretty laggy moves. A lot of him moves have quite a bit of startup and lag. so bait those out and then punish accordingly. I am pretty sure Up-Air/ up-tilt out ranges Link's dair, so throwing him up into the air is your best bet. If he chooses to get up to ledge with up-Special, just counter. It's super effective againsts link if Link doesn't cover his recovery/ doesn't tether.

Top Bottom