Marth vs. Kirby Matchup?

Avoid getting grabbed before like 40% or so. I DI f-throw in at low percents but after 40% (just a guesstimate) start DI-ing away. Also, I try to stay grounded throughout this match up so as to avoid getting juggled, and so I can duck grabs for a good punish. Hammer can kill early but don't use it in nuetral.. this match up can be brutal but he struggles to kill you if you avoid tipper f-smash.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Avoid getting grabbed before like 40% or so. I DI f-throw in at low percents but after 40% (just a guesstimate) start DI-ing away. Also, I try to stay grounded throughout this match up so as to avoid getting juggled, and so I can duck grabs for a good punish. Hammer can kill early but don't use it in nuetral.. this match up can be brutal but he struggles to kill you if you avoid tipper f-smash.
Kinda Seems like what I expected.

It's a good idea to play a dash dance and bait kind of game against marth. That's what helps me, anyway.

Last edited:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
It's a good idea to play a dash dance and bait kind of game against marth. That's what helps me, anyway.
I can agree with that, but it kind of seems like due to marth's reach, that bait game has to be pretty on point. Can Kirby really combo marth with anything at all? it seems like the puff MU where you benefit from knocking him off stage, grabbing, or hitting with strong stray hits to keep him in the air.

I can agree with that, you're probably going to be edge gaurding and gimping more than KOing marth. And, yes, you want to keep him above you, but that's most match-ups against marth really.