• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Tips/Tricks Threads

xLithiumx

Smash Cadet
So, I noticed a lot of threads asking for tips, but no main thread for tips/tricks in general, and I thought this would be a good idea... I guess.

Um... anyways, so we can talk about anything Marth users need help with, or if you want any advice you can as here.

So, a tip that I have is to learn Marth's hitboxes. This sounds like a basic thing, and it is really, but I feel like most people think that because the tip of his sword is the sweetspot for his attacks that each and every attack should be a tipper, but that's not true at all. Marth is a character that has two-in-one moves on each and every move. The two biggest examples, and most helpful imo, are u-tilt and f-air. U-tilt's inner hitbox sends opponents out horizontally which is really good for Marth because his part of his core is edge-guarding. The outer one sends opponent's up and over, or just up sometimes, and this is great for juggling or re-grabs. F-air's inner hitbox leads into an easy grab and that can lead into death on some characters. His outer hitbox sends them up which sets up for f-smash/d-air which are his prime kill moves, or you can just f-air again or u-air and rinse and repeat.

Another good trick is the two types of n-airs Marth has, or he's rumored to have, but idk since I don't pay attention to how fast moves are. So, basically, if you mash A in mid-air while performing Marth's n-air it goes faster and is better for comboing, where as just tapping the A button is better for KO'ing. Idk if it's still in the game, but I do remember being able to do it after learning it. Anyways, that's all I got.

Enjoy :reverse:

Edit: I'll try to think of a way to explain n-air better. Idk when I'll post it, but I just gotta think of how to word it better imo.

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
That's the most random untrue property I've ever heard given to Marth lol. There's 1 Nair.

xLithiumx

Smash Cadet
That's why I wanted to explain it better. I more-so meant the top part is for comboing and the edges are for KO's :p

nimigoha

Smash Ace
I mean there's no "explaining it better" since it doesn't exist and it never existed. There's no difference in Nair that depends on how you press the button.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Sorry, I didn't hear anything about mashing a button to get a different Nair.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Okay man. Finally linked the right section.

But it has nothing to do with how fast the move actually is.

Ken is saying you need to short hop and Nair as soon as possible. That's the "types of Neutral Airs".

The "fast one" is coming out faster and is therefore better for combos.

It's nothing to do with the duration of the move and there's no mashing.

He's just talking about early/late neutral airs.

Top Bottom