• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Sword Trails

Favid

Smash Rookie
In Melee, Marth's sword had a trail to show you how strong the attack would be. In his original costume, this was a light blue; However, if you select other costumes such as the red Marth (SephirothKen's color) the sword trail would change to a blood red color. I was wondering if there is any way to change that in PM because I've cycled through every costume and his sword trail remains blue. Is there a mod for this, do they plan to put it in 3.6, or am I SOL?

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
In Melee, Marth's sword had a trail to show you how strong the attack would be. In his original costume, this was a light blue; However, if you select other costumes such as the red Marth (SephirothKen's color) the sword trail would change to a blood red color. I was wondering if there is any way to change that in PM because I've cycled through every costume and his sword trail remains blue. Is there a mod for this, do they plan to put it in 3.6, or am I SOL?
I'm like 99% sure this is a 20XX pack thing. In vanilla Melee, the sword has a light blue trail no matter what costume you wear. As for whether they'll implement it in PM, no idea. I'm not sure how feasible it is, since I don't think data for sword trail colour is stored in the costume data, but I could be wrong.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I used to have a marth texture (and roy) from shuns house of pancakes (I'm pretty sure he's retired now) that involved editing the sword trails, loved it. so I know it's semi-possible, although I went to a tournament once with that installed and they told me it wasn't legal. And further more, no idea if it would even work on the current version or not as it's been forever since I put it on my SD and removed it lol. Worth a shot though if you really want it. It's not exactly what you're looking for I think, as it's a static change but it's something.

http://smashboards.com/threads/shuns-house-of-pancakes-closed-what-you-see-is-what-you-get.336537/

Scroll down to marths spoiler to see what I'm talking about. He also did something similar for roy.

Top Bottom