• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth sounds more like a girl than Lucina

ColinKasper

Smash Rookie
NNID
HardcoreHero
Switch FC
SW-7839-9040-1316
Either hasn't hit puberty yet or Marth's like Sheik/ Mulan. I really miss his Japanese dialogue . . . is there a way of having him speak Japanese again or is he stuck with this new pissy voice? Tending to use Lucina a little more just because Marth's new voice bugs me . . . does this bug anyone else? Has it grew on anyone? They should add an option to change characters voice language like in most anime fighting games . . . but that's highly doubtable . . . oh well.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
First time hearing Yuri Lowenthal?

Last edited:

Akechi_Goro

Smash Rookie
I believe there is an option for choosing different languages? Although, this would change every character to a voice from that language.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I was going to say we already have a thread about this, but technically that's the appreciation thread. The OP isn't appreciating it.

Marth's voice has previously been high in Japanese, but now, they re-voiced Japanese Marth with the same actor. Nearly two-decades later, you can imagine his voice is deeper. If you switched the language to Japanese, you'd hear it. This makes the English voice sound even higher than it is.

Last edited:

ColinKasper

Smash Rookie
NNID
HardcoreHero
Switch FC
SW-7839-9040-1316
I was going to say we already have a thread about this, but technically that's the appreciation thread. The OP isn't appreciating it.

Marth's voice has previously been high in Japanese, but now, they re-voiced Japanese Marth with the same actor. Nearly two-decades later, you can imagine his voice is deeper. If you switched the language to Japanese, you'd hear it. This makes the English voice sound even higher than it is.
Well I respect the decision to use the same voice actor at least . . . .

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
Personally, and this is definitely in the wrong thread now, I had my misgivings initially (before release) but after hearing it was Yuri Lowenthal and then hearing it in game, he does a great job. To me at least, it sounds incredibly reminiscent of how Marth sounded in his original melee recordings. Voice is spot on; the character is not supposed to sound gruff or deep voiced and Yuri faithfully captures the tone and pitch of the Japanese, even down to the grunts on sword swings etc. Good stuff tbh. I had a preview anyway as I heard him in fire emblem warriors and didn't hate it there, honestly ^^.

Top Bottom