• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Questions - Relatively new Marth.

Moe Munay

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I am a relatively new Marth having been playing competitively for about 5 months now. I was going to pop these in the ask PPMD threat but I thought that they would be a bit basic for him. I'll try to explain my issues along side the questions so you have more to work with.

1. How do you practice short hop fair into wave land?

I can SH double aerial some-what consistently but I cannot get the wave land to come out EVER. I always end up L-Canceling instead. I don't know if there is a video on this that I haven't seen or my timing is off but I really need help perfecting this. I honestly think it would be an amazing mix-up. I realise that there is another similar threat to this but it didn't get many answers.

2. Best way to practice both types of Ken Combo?

I have both Uncle Punch and 20XX on Dolphin, but I am not entirely sure what the best way is to practice the European and standard Ken combo's. I have in competitive sets landed them against very new players ( so I imagine that their bad DI helped) but would like a way to consistently practice it on at least Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Falcon.

3. What is the best way to practice tech chasing?

My punish game is possibly the weakest aspect of my game and the majority of my kills come from edge guarding (I've been told that is pretty normal is Marth). I want to improve my tech chasing and I'm wondering if it would be better to play a low level bot or keep using the Uncle Punch training. I think my problem is I try and guess what option they will pick rather than reacting to their choice.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Moe.

Cl0uD

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Cloud#07
1. I think SHFair into waveland isn't a thing, I tried to do it after reading this but I couldn't get it out, better off doing rising fair/double fair and dashing back and reacting from there to what they're doing

2. 20XX has an AI DI option in the Debug section, by default it's random DI but you can have it hold in on everything, which is what you'll need to practice both regular Ken combos and the Euro counterpart. Ken combos also depend on the percent, and where you're hitting with the sword so keep that in mind.

3. Same as before 20XX has random teching and I think you can change that to do whatever you want 100% of the time. A visual cue to look for is when people miss techs upon landing there is a green explosion on the ground surrounding the character, whereas a tech that is hit has dust surrounding the character. If you really want to know the ins and outs for specific character tech animations there is frame data on every character in the Melee discussion board where you can see invincible frames/how many frames they take/etc.

Top Bottom