• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Q&A-Ask your questions here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
just do the nair later then you would on a normal shffl.

i use it to auto cancel nair grab at low percents.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
How useful is the shieldbreaker? if someone's shielding, do you just quickly tap it? does it serve any more damage or knockback then an Fsmash, or should you ever use it in edgeguarding like Roy's?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
It's cool for punishing a missed rest

and i just did a dash canceled neutral B to break a low shield ^_^

It worked xD

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
sure it's cool, but is it worth it? I suppose since it's sweetspot is in the middle, not the tip, it could be better at certain situations...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yeah its a good kill move as an edgeguard. azen used it alot in his matches. go watch :)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you have good reaction time overB is really nice and a decent option over jabbing overB's as well as it covers both firefox and phantasm/illusioning in that situation.

How do you get the smash debater title? I debate.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
you need to request it to the mods on your personal page 9there's a button with groups). there's a seperate section called smash debates that, if you notice, will not let you go in unless you're a debator.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ist easy. they accept you regardless...you just have to showyou arent useless :/

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
do you need to request it directly to a mod before pressing the "join group" button? because I tried for the back room, but they haven't said anything yet.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
you dont try for the back room....they pick you...you sending an app was probably detrimental to your chances at getting into the backroom.

also...yeah they will eventually process the request to be a debator..it took 2 months for mine to process.

KeybladeMarth

Smash Cadet
Ok, I love all the smash games, but I only got into the competitive smash community when brawl came out. Because of this, I am absolutley terrible at melee, however I believe I can hold my own in brawl pretty well(goin to my first tourney in a couple weeks so we'll see:))

Anyways, I was wondering if playing melee(or smash64) would have any bad side affects to my brawl game, I would love to own in this game, it would be so fulfilling.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
uhm if you get used to wavedashign consisntely...you do it in brawl..or i do...and i get ****ed voer

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Interesting, never knew that. I always assumed everything was invite only heh. The transition from Brawl to Melee is ok once you learn how to play. The transition from Melee to Brawl though. I could never get over JC grabs that well. First few matches would always be rising airdodge fests from me haha.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
you dont try for the back room....they pick you...you sending an app was probably detrimental to your chances at getting into the backroom.

also...yeah they will eventually process the request to be a debator..it took 2 months for mine to process.
I meant broomers, but yeah. so you mean you didn't talk to the mods first? how did you "show them you're not useless"?

Interesting, never knew that. I always assumed everything was invite only heh. The transition from Brawl to Melee is ok once you learn how to play. The transition from Melee to Brawl though. I could never get over JC grabs that well. First few matches would always be rising airdodge fests from me haha.
I dissagree. the transition from melee to Brawl was easy for me. brawl is slower with less things to think about, and everyone has better recovery meaning you can take more risks, so I was okay at Brawl (though since Roy wasn't in I had to switch characters). But going back to Melee was tough. I still can't wavedash, SHFFL, tech, or any other ATs as well as before. In all I'm worse then I was just before Brawl.

KeybladeMarth

Smash Cadet
uhm if you get used to wavedashign consisntely...you do it in brawl..or i do...and i get ****ed voer
yeah the first time i play a brawl match after some melee ill always try to wavedash, but after a couple I'm pretty used to it again. I keep l-canceling but oh well, no bad side effects any ways :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
you show them you arent useless by posting valid arguments in teh debate hall

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm so used to JCing grabs that I tend to shy away from grabbing in brawl. Also, I still keep pressing L before finishing my aerials in brawl (even though it doesn't make a difference). Muscle memory ftl.

Good thing I don't play brawl anymore :)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, jump canceled grabs SUCK in Brawl. You think you're going to grab, but then you just jump and airdodge over their heads. Lame.

It's easier if you just play like... ROB and shoot stuff at them until they get close and spotdodge to dsmash. That's pretty much all that happens when I'm unfortunate enough to be stuck playing Brawl.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Anyway, back to melee ...

question:

Imagine you play marth vs fox/falco on FD.
You chain them.
At like 28% you utilt and then grab again.
You uthrow them and they DI away, you can't hit them with another utilt.
Whats the best thing to do? Grab again and repeat until you can hit them with utilt or shffld uair ? Or something else?

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, back to melee ...

question:

Imagine you play marth vs fox/falco on FD.
You chain them.
At like 28% you utilt and then grab again.
You uthrow them and they DI away, you can't hit them with another utilt.
Whats the best thing to do? Grab again and repeat until you can hit them with utilt or shffld uair ? Or something else?
Grab them again.

I'm pretty sure it's just like Fox's cg on Falco. You can chain grab them up to a certain point if they don't DI, but even farther if they DO DI.

So I would just go for a grab again. Then uthrow, utilt, etc.

If they DI far away again, just grab again OR if they're at like maybe 50% ish, do a nair to dash attack to fsmash.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
whats the best way to wavedash out of shield? i normally do everything with l but im thinking maybe i should adopt shielding with r so that i can wavedash out of shield with l or is it acceptable to just hold l then jump and release and press l really quick? anyways thanks

Aesir

Smash Master
L-canceling falling fairs (not spaced) still leads to Shield grabs? =(

Also has anyone tried utilizing auto-canceled nairs against shields? basically you auto-cancel then run away like a ***got. I use this a lot against shield happy players with good results.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
l cancelling falling fairs that arent spaced doesnt lead to shield grabs u can normally dash behind them or something if u hit low enough

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Pretty much try to just get them off the edge and you've won a common approach you see by most falcons is a shffled nair i like to use jabs to stop this approach, when you get a grab you can uthrow to utilt at like mid - low % i think u can even upthrow - fmsash at certain % also i think ding down and away is a good idea if you're being combo'd i dont really know which way to di his throws but edge gaurds with dtilts and fsmashes and yeah idk win :)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
vs CF: grab him alot and somehow push him too the edge/offstage.
then edgeguard

That's what Cactuar told me :laugh:

I personally find sideB quite useful in this machup =D

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I wavedash out of shield by lightshielding (which is anything but full shielding), hitting X and clicking the button in while tapping the control stick to wavedash. It works pretty well.

I think it's a good habit to not full shield because it'll allow stuff like that and will also make it so you get shield stabbed less and miss fewer techs.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Okay i have one i just finshing puting wavedashing into my game and i felt unstoppable and stuff but thean i played this dude dave aka ZOSO" s marth and it was like i couldnt keep up with him after the 5 *** wopping he said it was because i dont L CANCEL so if i want to reach that nest level do i need to L cancel everything with marth and if yes how do i learn L Cancel wut is it

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Okay i have one i just finshing puting wavedashing into my game and i felt unstoppable and stuff but thean i played this dude dave aka ZOSO" s marth and it was like i couldnt keep up with him after the 5 *** wopping he said it was because i dont L CANCEL so if i want to reach that nest level do i need to L cancel everything with marth and if yes how do i learn L Cancel wut is it
press l or r or z seven frames before u hit the ground from an aerial and it will halve the lag from the aerial that u would normally receive... p.s im sure you couldve found this out in a sticky somewhere and you're bound to get owned by pretty much everyone if you're just learning l cancelling.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
you just practice short hop --> aerial --> fast fall --> press l/r when you are close to teh ground

remember that there are different timings for when you hit n othing, an opponent and a shield so learn all three timings

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Is this supposed to happen?: I was playing against a CPU on Dreamland and f-smashed through the platform and hit him...he may have been trying to drop. It was against Marth.

It's just last time I checked that doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom