• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth problems

White91

Smash Apprentice
im looking for some marth match up advice and ike which i cant find any of it and the search wont work at all, anyone want to help me out

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Put your foot where his arm is going to be. Try not to be in a position to get grabbed at low % if the Marth knows the chain grab. You want him to Up-B to the ledge before returning onto the stage so that your options against him increase and improve (Marth's landing lag increases considerably once he uses Up-B). If Marth is trying to Up-B out of your Dthrow chain grab, hold shield and then punish his Up-B with a partially charged Fsmash at mid-percents or a dash grab Dthrow toward the short side of the stage>roll around chain grab to the other side at low-percents.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
FTilt outranges everything Marth has. Smart use of it helps miles in the MU.

DON'T FORCE THE KILL. This is the worst possible thing you can do. Marth is very strong defensively.

DON'T RETREAT UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. You want every inch of stage you can get to pressure him.

IF HE'S CHARGING SHIELDBREAKER DON'T BE DUMB AND SHIELD OR SPOTDODGE. Just something I see too many newer players do a lot... I did it a lot myself for a while.

Exception to rule number 2: Your shield is almost broken. Having your shield broken can lead to death. Marth does decent shield damage. If you're nearly shield broken, try and get some room to have it restore a little. Common sense, but I might as well say it.

Marth is a +1, maybe a +2, but it's a hard positive.

Top Bottom