• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth MU

Zenaga

Smash Rookie
Heya. Melee is dominant in my region, and I feel like I do pretty well in all those matches with Kirby except for Marth. Playing Sheik in Melee, my intuition tells me to try and out footsie and punish attacks with high lag, and also to cc his aerials and dash attacks. Any tips for this match up?

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
THIS MATCHUP IS HARD AF
at least in my opinion, Kirby is out ranged here. Even He has some crazy anti air on us too,
Movement is key, you hit the nail on the head regarding bait and punish, I try to stay just outside of tipper range, but if the marth is real good they'll just get you T_T
I honestly just try to fight for stage control, I don't let him near the centre, and i make sure he can't grab me either, We can duck under his grabs which makes this match up a little easier. Dtilt is your best friend to poke.
This is a match up i hate playing so other advice would be cool too. I know i need it.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Martha's recovery is pretty straight forward to, gimp her. But, ya this MU is not a fun one.

Chino

Smash Rookie
Gimp him but if you flub an edge guard you might regret it a lot. His dair is something to fear so watch out for it. If you flub the edge guard then you put yourself in a situation where he has invincibility from ledge and you are being forced to recover. I think this match up is 50-50 since you can gimp him but you have to be confident when you go for edge guards. This match up is free for Marth if you never go off stage. The best thing to do in this match up is don't get killed by his F-Smash and if Marth misses an F-smash then punish him hard for it. If he starts to get punished for it then you have less to worry about because Marth will likely stop F smashing as much.

B00nes

Smash Rookie
Dash dancing and spacing is a godsend in this matchup. Marths tend to use fair and up air too much, you can easily punish it if they aren't landing with it. He's floaty, you can combo floaties like it's second nature. If you're getting tippered you're not spacing correctly. Don't ever, EVER approach that prince, you will get shot down so hard.

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Another thing i noticed playing my friends Marth today is if you're on the ledge and he's trying to recover low to sweet spot the ledge drop down and use B-air. most if not all the times you will kill him without getting hit or you trade, he dies and you jump up and that's a dead Marth.

Top Bottom