• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth/Lucina MU write ups thread

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
Here's a list of write ups that go over the basics of Marth's and Lucina's MU's. These articles are made from conversations that have condensed to a single page. The conversations are generated on the Marth/Lucina Discord server during cross chat MU talks with the other character's Discord server, so these MU write ups have input from both Marcina mains and mains from the other characters but they are written from the perspective of a Marcina main. I also message notable Marth/Lucina mains to get their advice on MU's as well in order to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

So why are they being posted here? For peer review! Now that these are posted here people can view and critique these write ups! If you feel as if a write up is subpar don't hesitate to say why you think so. If you want to add information yourself go right ahead as well! This is a long project that will take time to complete, but I plan on seeing to the end of this.

There are few things to take note beforehand.

1) We're not even close to completion. As of right now we have ten MU write ups on the list but more will come! Please be patient

2) With the 1.14 Patch, we will most likely have to update some of the write ups we have.

3) Right now the MU posts are stored on google docs but this will most likely change in the near future. We're going to try to have all the information stored on Smashboards.

4) There is no schedule for this project, we will go as fast or as slow as we can. Generally what holds us back is that the cross chat MU's discussions I mentioned earlier usually take a few days if not a week, then someone has to sort through a giant conversation in order to organize the information.

5) Not every write up needs to be generated from the discussions that happen on Discord, if there is an old thread on Smashboards that covers a MU please bring it to my attention.

Click the spoiler below for the list of the characters!

Mario (N/A)

Luigi MU POST Pre 1.14

Peach MU POST Pre 1.14

Bowser (N/A)

Yoshi (N/A)

Rosalina (N/A)

Bowser Jr (N/A)

Wario (N/A)

Donkey Kong (N/A)

Diddy Kong (N/A)

Mr. Game and Watch (N/A)

Little Mac (N/A)

Link (N/A)

Zelda (N/A)

Sheik MU POST Pre 1.14

Ganondorf (N/A)

Toon Link (N/A)

Samus (N/A)

Zero Suit Samus MU POST Pre 1.14

Pit MU POST

Palutena (N/A)

Marth (N/A)

Ike (N/A)

Robin (N/A)

Duck Hunt (N/A)

Kirby (N/A)

King Dedede (N/A)

MetaKnight MU POST Pre 1.14

Fox MU POST Pre 1.14

Falco MU POST Pre 1.14

Pikachu (N/A)

Charizard (N/A)

Lucario (N/A)

JigglyPuff (N/A)

Greninja (N/A)

Rob (N/A)

Ness (N/A)

Captain Falcon MU POST Pre 1.14

Villager (N/A)

Olimar (N/A)

Wii Fit Trainer (N/A)

Shulk (N/A)

Doctor Mario (N/A)

Pac Man (N/A)

Mega Man (N/A)

Sonic MU POST Pre 1.14

Mewtwo (N/A)

Lucas (N/A)

Roy MU POST Pre 1.14

Ryu (N/A)

Cloud (N/A)

Corrin (N/A)

Bayonetta (N/A)

Last edited:

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Thanks for your insight and work. There are other MU threads posted on Marth Smashboards, but it's definitely good to have a variety of opinions and perspectives. Thanks again for your work.

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
I'll be updating the Peach one today and posting the Pit one as well! I'll edit this comment when I have done so.

Also DariusM27 DariusM27 If you know of any smashboards threads with lots of good info please send it to me! I can make a write up off of those as well. I did that for the MK one.

On the topic of Peach, I say we beat her now. No questions asked, probably 55/45 but it might be 60/40 tbh. Ftilt is almost spammable in the neutral and can KO her pretty well. Utilt also KO's really well since she's so floatly. Fair getting increased range also helps us out a lot since she now has to respect that as well. Nair 1 leads into tilts really well but the jab buffs don't make much of a difference as she goes to high to follow up on with a tilt.

Also one thing I noted was that I got a lot of damage off of up special. Down throw to up special is pretty consistent along with utilt to up special. Due to her floatiness she can't fall down fast enough to punish it.

Edit: added the Pit MU write up and added some notes about fighting Peach post 1.14!

Last edited:

DariusM27

Smash Ace
I'll be updating the Peach one today and posting the Pit one as well! I'll edit this comment when I have done so.

Also DariusM27 DariusM27 If you know of any smashboards threads with lots of good info please send it to me! I can make a write up off of those as well. I did that for the MK one.

On the topic of Peach, I say we beat her now. No questions asked, probably 55/45 but it might be 60/40 tbh. Ftilt is almost spammable in the neutral and can KO her pretty well. Utilt also KO's really well since she's so floatly. Fair getting increased range also helps us out a lot since she now has to respect that as well. Nair 1 leads into tilts really well but the jab buffs don't make much of a difference as she goes to high to follow up on with a tilt.

Also one thing I noted was that I got a lot of damage off of up special. Down throw to up special is pretty consistent along with utilt to up special. Due to her floatiness she can't fall down fast enough to punish it.
Good, she deserves to die, lol, jk good info.

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
Good, she deserves to die, lol, jk good info.
can't agree more. I hate peach.

But to keep things on topic. BozzMac BozzMac do you have a link to these google docs? Id love to see all of it and learn how deal with some of my crummier match ups. I'm a frequent offender when it comes to leaning on a secondary to handle my bad match ups.

BozzMac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bozzmac
The google docs are linked inside the OP. They're under the spoiler tab.

Top Bottom