• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth hit boxes and for glory shenanigans

Tkaudle1911

Smash Rookie
Whats going on people. I have some general questions pertaining to marth’s hit boxes and general for glory questions. Has anyone ever experienced on for glory where the opponent is directly in your hit box (pretty much sword in face contact) and the hit does not register at all?? What is up with marth’s hit boxes beacuse forward tilt will be in a persons face and will not do damage at all. Further more has anyone ever experienced where youll throw out an option and the option does not come out at all?? I’ve experienced this numerous of times while playing marth. Its to the point where ill land on stage and marth will just stand there but im literally input options and nothing is coming out.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I moved your thread to the appropriate section (Smash 4)

In the following thread you will find the information on Marth's and Lucina's hitboxes. Feel free to take a look.
https://smashboards.com/threads/revision-3-marth-and-lucina-hitbox-visualization-new-thread.448145/

has anyone ever experienced where youll throw out an option and the option does not come out at all? I’ve experienced this numerous of times while playing marth. Its to the point where ill land on stage and marth will just stand there but im literally input options and nothing is coming out.
Since you have been playing online, make sure your internet connection is working correctly. Also a LAN adapter for the Wii U would work wonders rather than having it through wifi which makes it more consistent. Secondly, it could be an issue with your controller. Try to go to training mode and enter singular inputs for a while. Test it for more than one or two inputs. You might not see any potential input problems through the first tries. You can rule out any issues with the controller this way or find one.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Marth was designed that way for Smash 4. His smallest hitboxes are the ones on his arm and body (when they exist). It's supposed to be his weakness and the player is supposed to space themselves a distance from their opponent (and the opponent is encouraged to get as close to Marth as possible). But it is annoying to miss up-close like that, believe me. If it isn't clear, what's happening is Z-axis issues (the 3rd dimension). In certain timings of Marth's animations and small-diameter [spherical] hitboxes interacting with certain character's animations and hurtboxes, there can be a miss.

For frame-by-frame information on all Marth's hitboxes, check this out:
https://struz.github.io/smash-move-viewer/#/v1/marth

Last edited:
Top Bottom