• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth has an amazing jab

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I have recently been using jab1 in just about every MU and I find it to be of enormous use.

-At low percents on some characters you can FFFair (non tipper) into a tippered jab
-Jab also pushes opponents into tipper range and interrupts movements
-It clashes with tons of moves (including marth's fsmash) leaving you with a decent frame advantage.
-It stops nearly all projectiles
-Can be used to interrupt moves leading to a free smash

For example, say peach is floating towards you baiting a move you can jab her out of the air (abuse her poor airdodge) and follow up with a dsmash, fsmash, DB, DS, you name it. I'm still trying to find more uses if anyone has any I have not mentioned.

Note: this thread is solely about jab1, I still am researching some uses for jab2

reslived

Smash Apprentice
I use jab1 to bait shieldgrabs. Depending on the matchup, well-spaced FF Fair at their shield forces them to take time to react, and jab comes out before the grab. But yea. Keep researching :D. Good stuff.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I can guarantee you that if Peach floats in front of you and you jab you're going to eat a 15% punish. There is no reason for her to float in your jab range.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Not as good as diddy kong's nair.
How does interact with grenades, btw ? Does marth get caught in ths blast ?

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I can guarantee you that if Peach floats in front of you and you jab you're going to eat a 15% punish. There is no reason for her to float in your jab range.
Yeah I'm finding it more useful when she is facing the opposite direction. It clashes with bair well but it'll trade with her fair, not a good idea lol.

It stops grenades but depending what part of jab hits the grenade you may or may not be in explosion range.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I have recently been using jab1 in just about every MU and I find it to be of enormous use.

-At low percents on some characters you can FFFair (non tipper) into a tippered jab
-Jab also pushes opponents into tipper range and interrupts movements
-It clashes with tons of moves (including marth's fsmash) leaving you with a decent frame advantage.
-It stops nearly all projectiles
-Can be used to interrupt moves leading to a free smash

For example, say peach is floating towards you baiting a move you can jab her out of the air (abuse her poor airdodge) and follow up with a dsmash, fsmash, DB, DS, you name it. I'm still trying to find more uses if anyone has any I have not mentioned.

Note: this thread is solely about jab1, I still am researching some uses for jab2
I don't utilize Jab and Ftilt ever. Trying to incorporate them into my style more as of late for mindgames mostly, people don't usually see Marth's Jab coming.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Yeah I'm starting to use ftilt more as well. CJ showed me some good stuff with it. Its amazing on battlefield platforms

Top Bottom