• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth F smash

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I've come to notice that I win 9/10 games against a friend. I'm more knowledgeable than him and my tech skill is greater as he doesn't bother putting in the time to practice. But what bothers me is that my defense/punish game is I guess bad. My friend uses marth, and I would to know from you guys how to punish her. Games shouldn't be this close despite our experiences. ESPECIALLY with her forward smash. I would shield a marth forward smash, wd oos to try and do something, but the marth would be able to come up with another forward smash to kill me

shigg

Smash Rookie
When are you being caught by it? If you're running in and being hit, try dashing in - > wavedash back. Also if you get caught by forward smashes when u wd oos try wavedash oos into shield so u can grab him

Pauer

The Pauerful
If you get hit by another f-smash you're just way too slow.
There are two things to improve in order to get there:
1. Getting a feel for the shieldstun and starting the wavedash right afterwards
2. Acting out of the wavedash as soon as it's over

Especially the second part is often overlooked by newer players. I've seen that in myself and the others in my region. Practicing it essentially makes your wavedashes better so it's really worth your time.

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
When are you being caught by it? If you're running in and being hit, try dashing in - > wavedash back. Also if you get caught by forward smashes when u wd oos try wavedash oos into shield so u can grab him
Most of the time from a normal ledge get up to a shield.

waifu

Smash Rookie
If you can't get the speed down try dash dancing after yo bait it out. Or just retreat and pull a turnip. Turnips are your best friend against marth.

rolltorest

Smash Rookie
Just for note if the marth fsmash is a tipper on your shield you do not have enough time to punish it. Another option is to float nair/dair out of shield which is significantly faster than wd oos

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Assuming you're putting up shield in reaction to the fsmash, spot-dodge only ever so slightly slower, and would allow you to punish without having to worry about spacing or timing in the same ways, and it's honestly much better for punishing tipper spacing. At most non-tipper ranges, you can just shield DI in into fc nair oos or grab or whatever.

Top Bottom