• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth ditto advice? Also Marth vs Sheik

Edgelord III

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has been asked MANY times on this site (I'm new here) but I really struggle in the Marth ditto and the Marth vs Sheik matchup. Could any of you guys give me any tips on how to win them? Thank you.

Pisces

Smash Rookie
I don't have a ton of time right now, but I'll try to get you on your way. For the Marth ditto, PPMD tweeted that his basic rules for the matchup are:
1. Dtilt them in neutral
2. Jump only if they jump because you can beat their aerials if you take the time to position yourself better on the ground beforehand
3. Throw them up and kill them by juggling

For sheik, this is one of the best guides out there. http://www.meleeitonme.com/guest-article-marth-vs-sheik-guide/

Good luck!

Urushi

Smash Rookie
Sorry for being a couple months late but here's something. Taken from Kadano's guide (can be found here http://smashboards.com/threads/337035/ ) : Grab Options vs Sheik - U Throw 22-30% U Tilt is guaranteed (Turn around if she DI's Behind you), 35-41% U Tilt is only guaranteed on neutral DI, 32-45% If she DI's behind you and ONLY if she does frame perfect jump your tipper F Smash will whiff if she DI's behind you or in front frame perfect short hop F Air will tipper, 29-57% on neutral DI short hop U Air will always hit, 50-70% on neutral DI full jump U Air will always hit (you need to delay the U Air by one frame every six percent or so), 70-86% on neutral DI double jump U Air will always connect. No Throw follow ups are guaranteed past 90%

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm what can I add...

Marf dittos..
Grab

Sheik...
D-tilt
Marf's spotdodge is usually bad but in this matchup its ok. Use it when the Sheik tries to grab you a lot. But don't be predictable its easy to bait out.
Sheik's crouch cancel a lot. Down air is good to beat that. And Down Tilt like I said. You can mix it up too with the side B combo where he ends with the spike hit if you know what I'm talking about.

Hopefully this helped a little.

Urushi and Pisces gave you some excellent responses

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
Versus sheik you should stay grounded so you don't get hit offstage by one of her aerials. Also actively try to keep her above you and juggle(her options getting down are pretty bad). Dash dance grab her dash attacks or cc grab bad aerials.

Edgelord III

Smash Rookie
I haven’t been on my smashboards account in like a year, but thank you guys for the help.

Top Bottom