• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth DB1->footstool combo DI read stuff

swiminonland

Smash Rookie
OK, so the first post was a massive screw up, and yeah it was not true at all I have no Idea what I was thinking. I did more testing and found that there are many setups for footstool DI mixups with marth. The most notable I have found so far is tipper SH DB1 into DJ footstool immediate DB1. The immediate DB1 eliminates your upward momentum from the footstool, so you can perform a dair before the opponent can perform a getup option.

I tested against mewtwo, because he's a top tier floaty and light character.

At 66-68%, tipper SH DB1 into DJ footstool immediate DB1 can let you land a dair. The dair true combos into a tipper upsmash, which will kill.

The problem with this is that 1) the opponent can DI a little bit to the left or right, forcing you to read their DI to get the dair. 2) is that it is incredibly hard to perform the DB1 after the footstool such that it gives you no forward momentum. However, if you simply do the immediate DB1 that gives you just enough forward momentum to reach the opponent if they DI fully away from you. If you B-reverse it (such that it turns you around and changes the direction of your momentum), you can just cover full DI towards your starting position.

So far, I have gotten the dair with both DB1s.

Sorry if this is badly explained, I couldn't record video of it. If and when I do, I will add it to this post.

Last edited:

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I have also seen this combo get started with a footstool out of a Nair landing cancel.

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
First, Kirby DI'd into the charging up smash, so this is a DI mixup. Also, I'm sure that Kirby can airdodge before the up smash, making this combo pretty inconsistent. It seems that a nair to up smash would be better after the DB.

Top Bottom