• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth and his ability with spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDEG

Smash Cadet
It's come to my attention, that my ability to spike has suffered horribly throughout my playing competitively on this site against others..

Only til recently have I really worked on it and have found some personal successes with spikes, or meteor smashes or however you may call it.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any tips or ideas to make spikes more useful/easier/ less predictable and etc.

I use Marth as my only sole character, so I give LARGE amounts of focus to improving my gameplay with him

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Practice and timing is all you need to know!

Next time, make this post in the Social thread.
That way we avoid clutter ^-^

Mr Toast

Smash Cadet
Hometown: Raleigh, NC ... School: Charlotte, NC
In the future, try posting on the "Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's) thread." It is designed specifically for just random questions.

As Marth, spiking should not be a priority as his Dair is very high-risk. There are always better options off-stage than to use his Dair to spike. I only find myself using the Dair to perform the Grab Release > Dair on Metaknight (true combo) or things such as Fthrow>Fthrow>Dair near the edge against Falco.

It can also be used on opponents who happen to be below you and in tipper range for Dair (KNOW YOUR SPACING). This can give you time to set up for another combo or kill. If you don't know if it's a guaranteed tipper, you're better off using another option.

Otherwise, you just have to know your spacing both in front and behind. Look at the arc of Marth's sword. You dont have to be directly above your opponent to perform a spike, simply get a tipper Dair. If you're truly itching to spike, you can start by setting yourself up offstage with your back facing your opponent since the sword reaches out further behind Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom