• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mariotality 2 - Complete!!!

silversh4d0w

Smash Apprentice
MagnuM said:
How did you record the footage did you use a video camera and uploaded it using FireWire? If you did use a video camera, what sort of deinterlace filter did you use? Unless you split the fields using AVISynth which I think takes care of your interlace problem and results in 60fps. I'd say filesize doesn't matter for quality like that.
Thanks for the praise, much appreciated. I use an external capture hardware thing called 'WinTV', connects through USB 2.0 (I would have got a card, but this way I can bring this with to peoples' houses and use it with my laptop, portable recording without a VCR). This records at very nice quality, interlaced footage. And you're mostly right, I then usually use avisynth as the frameserver to split the video, and virtualdub to export the split, resized 60fps footage. Good stuff.

However, premiere pro 2.0 takes care of deinterlacing by default if you create a preset that works with 60fps, and the adobe/windows media encoder has a deinterlace feature pre-installed. I found this out after many, many hours of prep work with avisynth and virtualdub. Oh well. :p

Zodiac said:
The video was amazing, the editing was amazing, the qaulity was superb! The owange was awsome and wtf. But, theres a reason you owned, it seemed eveyrone in the video was either being 3 stocked or 4 stocked by you. there being the reason, its EXTREMLY easy to combo people that you can three or four stock most of the time. just how good are these people your playing? not doubting your combo skills at all, cause you still would own hella smashers with that mario breakdancing all over the place. but still arnt they just easy for you to beat?
Everyone has 'on' days and 'off' days. Those matches were when I felt 'on'. I play pretty inconsistent because I don't like to try so hard 100% of the time when playing smash, but when I do, I can get some nice stuff. I fought Gimpy and Profs for the majority of it, which is why I gave them a special thanks. Gimpy = Sheik, Bowser, and some Marth, Profs = Link, Ganon, randomly Marth. ICs were Sillyfox. Profs is my smashing friend from the beginning, so he's pretty easily read when I'm in the mode. :)

Not to mention, it's easy to play well when you're in your own room with people you know and like. I rarely have this kind of calmness and reading ability about me when playing at tournaments :p. Gimpy is no easy opponent, a very bright one, he is. Profs is a solid player, but gets lazy with link sometimes, giving me some nice combo starters with his missed grabs/smashes.

Randall00 said:
Do you use the C-stick for your U-airs, silv?
Ja, I do. Sometimes I switch between c-stick and the A button though depending on how quickly I need to do an aerial.

Hoefler said:
who was the angry smasher at the end?
Haha, that was Profs. Back in the day, many of our smash nights would end like that, but it's cool now. Those nights when I could read him really easily, I could infuriate him with wavedash jabs. At the end of that clip (didn't include this), I follow him outside, but then come back and do the 'thumbs up' sign to the camera, wish I included that. :p

Gimpyfish62 said:
best smash video ever. no question.

i like it even more than boozer cute! ;)
Blasphemy. But I'll take it, thanks. ;)
Edit: Think you'll make ONE more bowser vid? With extreme editing like this as some kind of finale project before Brawl comes out? I think yes. What could be seksier. :)

Before Watching:
I didn't know this was out yet Ben...I MUST SEE IT!!!! No commentd from me are neccesary, You know I think great of you. :) Oh and Ben, you=best mario evar! this must be good considering the 40+posts in less than a day... :dizzy: and gimpy, please do make another bowser vid with 60fps like he said, it would be even greater, and it seems that you're much better now, lol. DO IT! OMG OMG OMG!!!! It's taking soo long to d-load, i NEED to view! ive read alll the comments and it seems to great. ive seen your editing silv, cant wait. ive edited this post 5 times in exitement and killing time, LOL. :laugh:

After Watching:
O.o.........
I was literally laghing at how great you are LOL. You're too good, you're going in my sig for this. Your awesomeness beats hero's bad skill by a longshot. Thanks for the special thanks in the vid. :) good times. you need to come to more skypal smashfests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wanna play you soo bad. go to the lynnwood tournus waay more plzkthx. notice my new sig!! gonna go practice mario now...
best video ever by far.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Silv is imbalanced. seriously. that vid was insane.
the framerate and editing alone were 100000 times better than almost any other vid, not to mention the sexy Silv combos.
Wolf is right, you must come to the lynnwood tourney on the 5th.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Best combo video ever.
dude marry me.
that was the single MOST sexiest video ive ever seen on this site.
and i remember seeing the Darkrain combo on Isai on this site
dude u rock.
a billion out of 4
28 thumbs up.
gotta teach me how to do htis though :)
-edun

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
silversh4d0w said:
Think you'll make ONE more bowser vid? With extreme editing like this as some kind of finale project before Brawl comes out? I think yes. What could be seksier. :)
SHHHHHH DONT SPOIL IT ;)

Zodiac

Smash Master
silversh4d0w said:
Everyone has 'on' days and 'off' days. Those matches were when I felt 'on'. I play pretty inconsistent because I don't like to try so hard 100% of the time when playing smash, but when I do, I can get some nice stuff. I fought Gimpy and Profs for the majority of it, which is why I gave them a special thanks. Gimpy = Sheik, Bowser, and some Marth, Profs = Link, Ganon, randomly Marth. ICs were Sillyfox. Profs is my smashing friend from the beginning, so he's pretty easily read when I'm in the mode. :)

Not to mention, it's easy to play well when you're in your own room with people you know and like. I rarely have this kind of calmness and reading ability about me when playing at tournaments :p. Gimpy is no easy opponent, a very bright one, he is. Profs is a solid player, but gets lazy with link sometimes, giving me some nice combo starters with his missed grabs/smashes.
Yea yea, I figured it was somthing like that, I almost didnt ask the question, cause those combos were too good to just be nailing noobs with. And I knew you were playing gimpy fish and since I've seen mushroomkingdom killer and Boozer cute I was like wtf? How did gimpy get combo'ed like that? At the end, Awsome vid! This will help my mario fights like mad, Mario is one of the characters I play now, I was toying aorund wiht the idea but now, thanks to this vid im so making him a third character.

StabaDuS

Smash Rookie
Holy **** that video was insane... The quality made my TV look like crap. This video makes me wanna start playing Mario again. Good ****.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow...dude, i liked ur first vid so i had to watch this one, and it was a lot better than i expected....i loved the intro, all the editing, the music, and ofcourse, the combos.....my like 2nd or 3rd best character is doc and ive liked him more than mario for pretty much my whole smash life....but by watching this vid i might test the mario waters again...i'll probably still end up playing doc but just inspiring me to pick up mario some more for some casual play is pretty impressive....and in ur first post u mention how the music in ur old vid was old...that may or may not be true...but i LOVED that FF ocremix song...it was so beautiful...i had to DL that song cuz it was so good...newayz...this new song is equally as good....im gonna have to get this song as well....good job silv.....sick vid....and btw....u better make some nasty vids for ssbb...ur too good at it....peace

-hiroshi

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, SilverShadow. Loved the music (and the occasional syncing with it), loved the sweet combos, generally loved the vid. My jaw actually dropped at one point. Keep up the good work.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Angelic Guns

Smash Cadet
Yay! It's out! =D

Edit: Wow! That was...amazing! Great editing, smooth 60 fps, great intro, awesome Mario: I give this a 1,000 out of 10. =D

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Ahh man, CRAZY awesome vid. Loved that awesome triple F-air combo. The intro was the coolest thing I've ever seen. Sooo awesome. Sickeningly good quality. Super awesome music. You synced up the music so well with awesomeness. Soooo much mass comboage. Excellent video.

Those were SillyFox's IC's? He has super good IC's. Awesome...more.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I only watched the intro, and I felt like I had to post about how awesome the vid is already. *continues watching*

Blaize

Smash Rookie
I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIEZOLOLOL!!!111

But seriously, nice. One can only hope BRAWL ruins the hell out of your skills, and ***** your family, so I can catch up. :)

I call Metaknight

Johann

Smash Cadet
Nice vid Silv!! Edgeguards with the up-b can be deadly :).
Funny how you seem to own everyone throughout the vid except for the space animals!!
I know you got vids, i saw that falco get owned!! Just kiddin :laugh:

I understand the meaning behind the absense of space animal owning in the video though.
I get it, you're hoping that my mario will become a terminator specialized in killing god-tiered fox/falcos! np i got this! :chuckle:
Hopefully i get some practice in so i can fill the void of mario/space animal vids, though I'll make sure to train like crazy so mario will always come out on top!

lol uhh :dizzy: NERF SILV'S IMBA MARIO HE DOES 4k FSMASH CRITS WHILE IM CAPED! :cry:
too much world of warcraft!! talk to u on aim silv!

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
easily the best editing I have ever seen in a smash video. I'm going to try and pick up mario now. This is truely awesome stuff, I cant stop rewatching it.

KevL

Smash Rookie
Right from the intro, I knew this was going to be good.

Excellent use of sound and music. Leaving the sound effects on was a brilliant idea. Great editing, great production. Combos were very nice - no low points, combo quality was very high throughout.

However, I did find that the video seemed to drag a bit. Music is repetitive - cool because it matched the video's pace and content, but it was still a repetitive song, and for 10 minutes, it seemed a bit much.

Another thing was the absence of certain characters (opponents). Though I'm sure it was a matter of time and access.

Regardless, this is a very uniquely produced combo video. Style used is different and effective.

5 out of 5. Great job silv.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
HO-LY SH*T... that was, just... amazing, I had that tingling feeling of pure thrill though the whole vid just pure exitement, amazing editing (the timing was amazing) and the combos were just like wow, I love how you and gimpy include vids in your credits with the people who helped out (cool pic of boozer) awesome music just wow. I loved it, I'm going to move out off doc mario and back to mario just because of this vid, I'll never be as good as you but still it's worth trying. I loved it. seriously don't stop there, make another. I thought I'd seen the best smash vid ever but this, this just blows it away you have my complete awe and congratulations.

And gimpy you MUST make another boozer vid for me if not for all those other boozer fans who want to become as good as you.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Inferno_blaze said:
And gimpy you MUST make another boozer vid for if not for all those other boozer fans who want to become as good as you.
haha, we will see.
glad to have a fan ^_^

THIS IS ABOUT SILV THOUGH! SILV IS T3H PWN!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yes silv is awesome I have to say that thanks to the editing I liked this more than (sorry) Boozer cute, arg now I've said it it can't be taken back, I'll always be your fan gimpy :) can't wait to see boozer in brawl to check out some what sort of combos/edgeguarding you'll use there :). I just watched the vid on how to not play smash like a ****, silv is funny.

Intro to this vid was wierd (the people bit) the smash bros intro bit was awesome and I loved the ending credits.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh my sweet Jesus...

This is by far the best Mario I have ever seen. You had a perfect combination of everything. Jabs, Wavedashing, Grabs, and my favorite, the u-airs. I really enjoyed watching this, and I think it's inspired me to pick up Mario.

You've made happy-Fox happy.

silversh4d0w

Smash Apprentice
Haha, thanks for all the awesome comments guys.

In actuality, I'm not a super-fantastic or competitive player, so I hoped at the least that the combo video would be enjoyable, and I'm glad it was accepted.

Inferno_blaze said:
Yes silv is awesome I have to say that thanks to the editing I liked this more than (sorry) Boozer cute, arg now I've said it it can't be taken back, I'll always be your fan gimpy :) can't wait to see boozer in brawl to check out some what sort of combos/edgeguarding you'll use there :). I just watched the vid on how to not play smash like a ****, silv is funny.
Haha, I put that vid online to show it to the two guys who 'acted' in it, didn't ever submit/post it anywhere. You're probably the only other person to see it :p.

KevL said:
However, I did find that the video seemed to drag a bit. Music is repetitive - cool because it matched the video's pace and content, but it was still a repetitive song, and for 10 minutes, it seemed a bit much.

Another thing was the absence of certain characters (opponents). Though I'm sure it was a matter of time and access.
Agreed, the music did drag on too long. A bad move on my part, but I didn't feel like changing up the music and timing after I had waited 2 hours for it to export and over 5 hours straight of working on it (4 hours the day before). I've learned from that mistake, though. It's worth the time to re-edit or plan ahead.

Silent's combo video will be my next project, hopefully we get some good footage. I had an interesting idea that involved including himself in the vid, but he didn't go for it :p. We'll see how interesting I can make it, you can only go so far with just using smash footage.
But I think I'll make it even better than Mariotality if I can. =)

Gimpy's vid will be the end-all, enjoyable-to-watch, humorously-executed bowser video, assured.

I've said too much already.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Gimpy's making ANOTHER VID??? Holy god. Anyways, Can't wait for Silent's, tell him he HAS to be physically shown in it. Period. He has to say something trixy like he always does and then everyone will laugh and feel dumb.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
he is just referring to the fact that it will be our (me and his) last melee vid, a new game and new opportunities are opening up for us! we are both working on making a promotional video for a website right now, that could open up many doors wooohooo ;)

Blaize

Smash Rookie
I also meant that it will probably -end- all reason to ever make another bowser vid, since it will be the best. :p

Edit: ^Silv, btw.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
You're not green mario.

actually you're not very good at all =/

fair isnt that great of a move, neither is up smash.

There were maybe a couple of decent combo's but they were against Bowser and Kirby -_-;

Unimpressive all around.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
^post phails, the video WAS impressive, I'd like to see you do such good editing and timing with the music which makes it a hell of a lot more fun to watch, as well as the humour. Sure you may be able to play better but he made this to be fun to watch which it succeeds at (oh and just for the record I suck in comparison).

Silv 'n' Gimpy, when you get a site up you gotta email or PM me the adress, cos I'll be there. What games are you gonna be making vids for? I take it you aren't just going to wait till Brawl. Oh an make forums :p

You're not green mario.

actually you're not very good at all =/

fair isnt that great of a move, neither is up smash.

There were maybe a couple of decent combo's but they were against Bowser and Kirby -_-;

Unimpressive all around.
The video may be unimpressive gameplay wise, but he actually is a GREAT player. You can't judge someone from a combo video, especially when they never said it made them good at the game. =/ This video isnt a statement to be made, implying that hes a great player or as good as green mario, as you seem to think it was. its for entertainment. to most, id say it was entertaining. Also, you cant say if green marios better if he has done cooler things than that, silv has too. you have played green mario, and not played silv. you dont know how silv actually plays the game other than what you've just seen. he may not be green mario, but green mario sure isnt silversh4d0w. and fair can be used good, and so can usmash, lol, in case you didnt see the 0 to death on kirby he did incorperating the fair. uthorw usmash works wonders on most too. i do play mario too, i would know. saying they are not very good at all means they cant really be used very good at all. maybe you didnt see the combos in this vid, lol, even if they were on nubs or ppl's nub chars, they were used good none the less.

Top Bottom