• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's pills

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I was trying to manipulate the costumes that mario's pills would appear on in smash attacks. I got the pills to appear on the costumes i want for the down taunt, but for some reason I have only been able to get the sound effects for the pills to appear for his neutral B. I changed the number for the costumes on both so I don't know why its doing that.
Can I get any help?

Zeiza

Smash Cadet
The reason why the fireballs still appears for Neutral B but not Down Taunt is because in Down Taunt it just directly shows the pill's graphic effect. In Neutral B it instead spawns the fireball article itself, which has it's own Sub Routines for the graphics separate from the Sub Actions for Neutral B.

In order to change the pill itself you need to access Sub Routines 0026054, 0027774, 0026DEC, and 002631C, which all have more comparisons for the actual pill/fireball itself.

Also note that the Sub Actions 57, 58, and 5A, which are all Foward Smash, have special effects for the Doctor Mario outfits too.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
The reason why the fireballs still appears for Neutral B but not Down Taunt is because in Down Taunt it just directly shows the pill's graphic effect. In Neutral B it instead spawns the fireball article itself, which has it's own Sub Routines for the graphics separate from the Sub Actions for Neutral B.

In order to change the pill itself you need to access Sub Routines 0026054, 0027774, 0026DEC, and 002631C, which all have more comparisons for the actual pill/fireball itself.

Also note that the Sub Actions 57, 58, and 5A, which are all Foward Smash, have special effects for the Doctor Mario outfits too.
oh there were subroutines related to it? thanks! and also thanks for the tip about the forward smash!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
do you know if there are any more things that i have to change? because now my game freezes when I try to use neutral b. I only changed the values of if statements to change which costumes they appear in.

Zeiza

Smash Cadet
Did you add any more operations to anything, even if you removed it later? Adding new operations, even if they are removed, can change the offset, causing things like Goto to work improperly. I'm not sure if it'll crash, but it would definitely cause some issues.

Some PSA versions are also known to cause corruptions easily, but I think that if that'd happened then Mario would crash without even having a chance to do neutral b.

Here is a full list of what you'd need to change.
Side Smash - 57 - Main, GFX
Side Smash - 58 - Main, GFX, SFX
Side Smash - 5A - Main, GFX
Down Taunt - 1C0 - Main, GFX, SFX
Down Taunt - 1C1 - GFX, SFX
Neutral Special - 1CE - GFX, SFX
Neutral Special (Air) - 1CF - GFX
0026DEC
002631C

If nothing else seems to work, then the last resort would probably be just to redo everything. Since you already have experience, it shouldn't take too much time, but it is definitely not preferable.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Did you add any more operations to anything, even if you removed it later? Adding new operations, even if they are removed, can change the offset, causing things like Goto to work improperly. I'm not sure if it'll crash, but it would definitely cause some issues.

Some PSA versions are also known to cause corruptions easily, but I think that if that'd happened then Mario would crash without even having a chance to do neutral b.

Here is a full list of what you'd need to change.
Side Smash - 57 - Main, GFX
Side Smash - 58 - Main, GFX, SFX
Side Smash - 5A - Main, GFX
Down Taunt - 1C0 - Main, GFX, SFX
Down Taunt - 1C1 - GFX, SFX
Neutral Special - 1CE - GFX, SFX
Neutral Special (Air) - 1CF - GFX
0026DEC
002631C

If nothing else seems to work, then the last resort would probably be just to redo everything. Since you already have experience, it shouldn't take too much time, but it is definitely not preferable.
Sorry I'm kind of necroposting, but I just want to say thanks for the help cuz I didn't before. I just sort of forgot to because I still couldn't figure it out at the time. This helped me figure out what I needed to do to and I found some work arounds to adding in operations. Also I still look back at this post from time to time when I need to redo some things cuz I found a Mario mod I like such as Smash 3 or the Melee sound effects. So thanks this post really helped me out.

Top Bottom