• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's death combo

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
I see. I know you can't tech after a footstool while on the ground, but I couldn't remember if it applied to laying on the ground or not.

TriTails

Smash Lord
You can never tech spikes when you're laying on the ground.

You can also not tech tumble animations caused by footstools.

That's why Falcon's D-throw -> Footstool -> D-air spike -> Knee (I think D-air true combos into knee at some percents?)/Grab is a true combo.

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
You can never tech spikes when you're laying on the ground.

You can also not tech tumble animations caused by footstools.

That's why Falcon's D-throw -> Footstool -> D-air spike -> Knee (I think D-air true combos into knee at some percents?)/Grab is a true combo.
I was pretty sure I had heard that you can't tech a spikes while on the ground, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Jesus, add Mario to the list of characters that can go full swiss army knife after his down throw, along side mewtwo with his down tilt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom