• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Video Archive

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I can't wait to show you guys my improvements from my vids on ustream.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
got a couple vids from a smashfest the other day, here ya go!

Vs. Sheik (I suck against Sheik :c ) - http://youtu.be/coWAFR-Uafk
Vs. Fox - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht-ulEI3qXg
Vs. Falco - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GboqXBMgk5o (everything after my mistimed follow-up to the jab reset at 2:20 is really really bad :c )

Skillz Nasty is a friend i recently made, he's been playing for years and has beaten people like Lambchops in tourney. unfortunately he doesnt have a car so he isnt very known :( but he's been helping me with my match-up practice :) and hopefully me, him, and my partner Sora (Young Link player) will be making an impact soon and take tourneys by storm after some hardcore practice.

we'll be making a crew combo video soon too! and i'll post that here for you guys :)

P.S. sorry about the music :( the audio wasnt recorded

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
nice man glad someone's still posting! something i learned when i posted my vids on here is to stop approaching with nair so much, and ever since i cut down on my approaching nairs i've been doing a lot better! i feel like u-airs are a lot better to approach with because if it hits, you can combo. you just need to learn how to u-air past em incase they shield, and learn to shffl a late u-air and jabbing if they sheild it.

i just watched your match vs falco, gotta work on your gimps man! i might post more later on this but i've been uninspired to post lately because of all the inactivity.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
blanky.......
Dthrow is big against a sheik.....it leads to **** or another grab sometimes.
that fox you played was begging to get jab reseted
it just looked like you got frustrated after 2:55 but that happens to everyone. Do you angle you smashes and tilts? such a little difference can matter big time

a rookie

Smash Ace
Blanky, your Mario is very good. Just practice more on getting your wavelands and your tornado needs to go higher. Other than that, keep that ish up man =)

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
How do you generally approach the falcon matchup n0ne? And how well does reverse bair work as an edgeguard?

n0ne

Smash Ace
I guess u gotta make ur main objective to steal falcons double jump, i do it a lot with approaching up tilts after a wavedash.

I dont use cape, its really gay (unless oponent is over 200% for example lol enough is enough), 2x bair is nice for gimps, followed by a ledgehog, but at high percentage a reverse nair is way better to mess up oponents DI.

Utilt after down throw followed by up air juggles is very good.
At 100-130% downthrow > f smash works.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
I guess u gotta make ur main objective to steal falcons double jump, i do it a lot with approaching up tilts after a wavedash.

I dont use cape, its really gay (unless oponent is over 200% for example lol enough is enough), 2x bair is nice for gimps, followed by a ledgehog, but at high percentage a reverse nair is way better to mess up oponents DI.

Utilt after down throw followed by up air juggles is very good.
At 100-130% downthrow > f smash works.
I see, what percentage do you start going for up tilts(I imagine that early percents are a bad idea)

a rookie

Smash Ace
Yes, you don't want to start uptilts from 0-34% 35% is really the % when he gets hit into the tumbling animation(just tested it). So if you stuff his aerial in the air w/ a well-placed up tilt, you'll get 2-3 more/up air blind/regrab. Falcon edgeguarding is pretty easy as well. I already told you how to edgeguard Falcon though Koopa :p

n0ne

Smash Ace
NOW I REMEMBER.
i really DO hate falcos. especially the random ones. Falcos that for instance smash attack out of nowhere or just camp lasers and dont move and then suddenly do something totally random. Ticks me off so much. Even if ure expecting it and space it/ react accordingly, u get won over by priority just cuz space animals are gay.

Anyways.

Heres some matches from my trip to Costa Rica. (Posted on "WE LIVIN DOE!...." thread as well. Page 2.)
Found the best ones (won or lost) cuz the others were lame, so much SDing.
Alot of silly stuff is happening, my controller got busted while i was in costa rica, and was lent another one by someone, whose of which the R button was failing on me.
Johns or not, w/e. im a big boy.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCBZgUGlnyQ
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnqTei9HExQ
3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ti2J9B6rU
4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZ4CIkiLRM
5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5sjqU3lcx8

doctorayegee

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that ScorpionMaster doesn't have a section. He's a good player, not a good Mario. The people that main Mario are actually really fun to watch and have a lot of style.

doctorayegee

Smash Cadet
Hey n0ne, thanks for posting those videos of you in Costa Rica. Some guy posted random ****ty videos of you, so I didn't think you were that good, but damn your edgeguarding is superb.

Luigimanski64

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad that ScorpionMaster doesn't have a section. He's a good player, not a good Mario. The people that main Mario are actually really fun to watch and have a lot of style.
True, but mangos mario is still better than 99% of mario mains to have ever existed due to most not having the stamina to acheive high levels like a rookie and n0ne. Mango knows some of marios techniques like bair waveland and does it much better than most. He also plays mario a lot and enjoys him, he just doesnt have the same knowledge or confidence that die hard marios do

doctorayegee

Smash Cadet
True, but mangos mario is still better than 99% of mario mains to have ever existed due to most not having the stamina to acheive high levels like a rookie and n0ne. Mango knows some of marios techniques like bair waveland and does it much better than most. He also plays mario a lot and enjoys him, he just doesnt have the same knowledge or confidence that die hard marios do
I completely agree. He's just not that committed to the character. I have to try out some of those bair wavelands though.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Mango definitely knows the basics and has such raw talent that he can make almost any character look good. That guy's too good.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I have two games recorded one is a bo5 money match against a marth and the other is a tournament set versus a puff.

vs Marth
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nep41yawo4A

vs Puff
http://www.twitch.tv/zodiacsmash/v/3930875 game starts at 3:09:30

So how do you kill puff lol. I was getting some dsmash kills but then he started staying more airborne and all I could do was fish for usmash and nair. Is jab nair a good kill combo? Against marth I didn't cover the airdodge on stage recovery at all, whats the best way to cover this option?

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Hey guys I have two games recorded one is a bo5 money match against a marth and the other is a tournament set versus a puff.

vs Marth
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nep41yawo4A

vs Puff
http://www.twitch.tv/zodiacsmash/v/3930875 game starts at 3:09:30

So how do you kill puff lol. I was getting some dsmash kills but then he started staying more airborne and all I could do was fish for usmash and nair. Is jab nair a good kill combo? Against marth I didn't cover the airdodge on stage recovery at all, whats the best way to cover this option?
Puff can be Tuff

approaching a good Poof in the air is near impossible.
One thing that surprised me is that you really don't use Bair, it's one of the only moves beside Dair that even has a chance against Puff in neutral (and raw Uairs, but you were using those well). All the Fairs are just unsafe and too telegraphed, I love the move but it's too slow and cumbersome against a Puff.

For KOs:

I find that dash/WD up-smashes can catch them from underneath
Poking with Utilt can work wonders and WD U-tilts. Can start a combo to KO and can outright KO her since she's light.
With platforms you can D-throw > jump WL > upsmash/uptilt
Or you can D-throw > strong Nair....but it's at higher %
- sub in Up-throws for D-throws at low percents, can't KO usually but stacks on damage
full hops out of DD > Dair > UAIRs and D-throw to U-air. But those take high percentages to KO - 160+% with DI

The most fun way to end a Puff is to badunk-a-dunk Fair them when they are recovering to ledge. Most of the time they don't react fast enough or they can't get the vertical recovery to make it back up with their jumps (if they have any left). Bairs are a safer option usually but not as satisfying :pow:

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
thanks I'll definitely try wd uptilt more I don't know why I didnt think to use that all
Fun sets to watch btw, you've got a solid Mario. I like that it's not exactly similar to A Rookie or KT, I see a lot of Marios just copying their styles and some of good ol' Scorp-a-dorps too

Another good tactic against Puffs I find is to have your back to them > WD back > SH Bairs, you can walk or dash away initially to bait them into them as well. Mario has a really fast launch backwards out of WD, so it can be hard to react to.

Puff in general are just a nightmare, she's a big fat stupid balloon with magic feet.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Is SHFFL Uair > jab not shield grabbable? I see some Mario's use it and get away with it, but I get shield grabbed every time. Is it just tight timing?

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Is SHFFL Uair > jab not shield grabbable? I see some Mario's use it and get away with it, but I get shield grabbed every time. Is it just tight timing?
Yea man very tight timing, you basically want to time it so that only frame 4-5 hitboxes of the U-air come out right before you touch the ground. It's a low damage move so as a result it has low shield stun. Technically it's -1 frame advantage since you take 7 frames cancelled LL and they take 6 frames shield stun, but it's only really unsafe so those that have very fast OoS options like Bowser, spacies, Samus, etc.

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Did not mean to post this here

Last edited:
Top Bottom