• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Strikers Charged Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Its time for the first ever Mario Universe tourney!

Rules and Info

1. The rounds will be best out of 3 until the finals which will be best out of 5
2. There will be a loser's bracket
3. Game settings must be standard so no messing with the game rules
4. Put a smile in your post so I know you read the rules

Stage List

* The Classroom
* Galactic Stadium
* Classic: Pipeline Central
* Classic: The Underground
* Classic: Konga Coliseum
* Classic: The Battle Dome
* Classic: Bowser Stadium

Extras

3 Mins.
No Cheats
Boo Glitch is banned.
No goalie camping.

However for the secondary pick any stage is allowed. The loser of the first game chooses the second stage and the loser of that match chooses the final stage. First pick is decided between both sides before the match begins.

Registration

Name:
Strikers FC:
Time Zone:
Captain (optional):

Players

Name: Bowser King
Striker FC: 056098 865260
Time Zone: EST
Captain: Bowser
-
Name: B Viper
Strikers FC: 352294 039927
Captain: Daisy

Name: Justaway
Strikers FC: 541266 815889
Time Zone: UTC +1

Name: coney
Strikers FC: ???
Captain: Waluigi

Name: Rock Lee
FC: 390951 216722
Time: Mountain (-2 from EST)

Mii Name: Bob
FC: ???
Time Zone: Central (-1 From EST)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I haven't played this game in a while, I forgot all the AT's of this game, maybe some noob one's I remember. =P

Name: B Viper
Strikers FC: 352294 039927
Captain: Daisy

Hopefully more people will join this.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'd join but I don't have this game. :(

When is the tourney?

I'm going to try and arrange it so people can play their matches with their opponent at any time during a given week. That week will be decided when we get enough people :p

EDIT: Also, I would really recommend this game. Probably one of the best mario sports game.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh man I don't own this game either...I can try to rent it for the occasion so let me see if I can grab a copy.

BSP

Smash Legend
It will depend on when this takes place. I'm gonna be hard pressed to get on during the next 2 weeks (exam studying, yay)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Seems pretty unfair so I guess it would be banned. I've never seen it actually used before but if its as cheap as it looks then I guess it is.

Coney

Smash Master
i'm totally in on this

will be back and edit with info as soon as i get to it

i can tell you this though

what're the stages? please don't say it's ONLY classroom :/

i used to play this really competitively, definitely ban the boo glitch, it's ridiculous. i can't think of anything else that's banworthy though, other than boo dekes, but those are just annoying :/

oh, and here's my smile :3

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i'm totally in on this

will be back and edit with info as soon as i get to it

i can tell you this though

what're the stages? please don't say it's ONLY classroom :/

i used to play this really competitively, definitely ban the boo glitch, it's ridiculous. i can't think of anything else that's banworthy though, other than boo dekes, but those are just annoying :/

oh, and here's my smile :3

Thanks for joining. The more members the better. Also, I should add stage selection rules into the OP. Basically, both members agree on a stage before hand and the loser chooses the next stage. The loser of that match then chooses the final stage.

As far as I'm aware, there was no really broken stage in this game so I think all stages will be allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Coney

Smash Master

Thanks for joining. The more members the better. Also, I should add stage selection rules into the OP. Basically, both members agree on a stage before hand and the loser chooses the next stage. The loser of that match then chooses the final stage.

As far as I'm aware, there was no really broken stage in this game so I think all stages will be allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
well, there are a few...

the competitive community tends to literally only play on one level: the classroom. it's stupid and ridiculous.

i'd say allow every stage, except for a select few. keep in mind, while none of these stages are BROKEN, per say, it's the same as allowing rainbow cruise as a neutral...you just don't want to.

i will say, however, i wouldn't mind all of these stages being allowed for counterpicks. taking a trick team to the dump is a great way to slow them down. but they definitely shouldn't be the site of the first game...

sand tomb (thwomps come down at random, sand-filled sides make the game tedious. really a personal choice, but i don't like it myself :/ )

the wastelands (waaay too slide-y, random lightning causes unfortunate side effects)

crystal canyon (does not utilize entire team, is unique but too gimmicky to be a starter)

the dump (sludge everywhere makes the game much more tedious and slow-paced. good for shooter teams though!)

stormship stadium (the rocking of the boat combined with the random lightning COMBINED with its erratic movement really make me hate this stage)

the classic stages, and the rest of the new ones, are just fine as neutrals. but since you said the opponents would discuss and agree upon a stage anyway, i spose it wouldn't be an issue to begin with.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
But I like Stormship Stadium. )=

All gimmick stages except The Dump and Thunder Island can be a problem, unless stage hazards are turned off, then Sand Tomb and Wasteland would be the only stages to ban, (I am so late). ._.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
We need 2-4 more people to play a tournament of this epic game. There has never been a Strikers Charged tournament I liked in a while, (mainly because some of the tournaments ban Mega Strikers, lol), but this can be the first in a long time.

On the rules, is the settings 3min, best 2 out of 3 or 3min, or best out of 1?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since Strikers Charged is region locked, I don't think most of us can play you unless you have a US version of the game, (or hack to play other region).

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
--> :)

Is this still going on? I'd play, as long as it ends before the school year starts.
Can you actually ban the stages (+ Thunder Island, and Lava Pit) listed in the OP? They effect gameplay way too much. As for grass courts, I think they should be banned too. They slow down your players, effecting the timing of some tricks.

I suggest that the stadiums be:
  • The Classroom
  • Galactic Stadium
  • Classic: Pipeline Central
  • Classic: The Underground
  • Classic: Konga Coliseum
  • Classic: The Battle Dome
  • Classic: Bowser Stadium

3 Mins.
No Cheats
Boo Glitch is banned.
No goalie camping.

Are we playing a best out of 1 match, then another best out of 1 match, where the loser play counterpicks?
or just best out of 3 match

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It would be great to get this going but we seem to be pretty empty. At this point, if we can get 6 people by the end of next week, I'll be happy to continue this. Otherwise, I think I'll just close this =/

However, if you give your FC then it'll be easier to get the 6 players needed :p

Also, I guess I'll add those rules to the OP since people have raised concern about them before.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
First time some one suggested Grass fields to be banned. Not a bother to me, (except Crater Field, lol). How does anyone feel about Chips?

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
However, if you give your FC then it'll be easier to get the 6 players needed :p
Sorry, I was too lazy to get my FC lol...and I'm still too lazy. I'll edit this with my friend code later.

In Game Name: Rock Lee
FC: 390951 216722
Time: Mountain (-2 from EST)

How does anyone feel about Chips?
Why would someone have something against chips? I hope no one has a problem with them. They're an important part of my game. :p

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
I could join, too... Don't have my FC on me currently, but I'll get it soon.

Mii Name: Bob
FC: ???
Time Zone: Central (-1 From EST)

Also, in general, what's the skill level of the other players? I've been in the top 10 for striker of the day a few times, second in a season, and striker of the day once... how about you guys?

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
So, is this going to happen? ^^

Also, in general, what's the skill level of the other players? I've been in the top 10 for striker of the day a few times, second in a season, and striker of the day once... how about you guys?
I played a bit last night. I think record was like...11W-1L? Never tried to go for Striker of the Day. There are some really hardcore people on there. =/

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't think so sadly :(

We only have the FC of 4 people and one of them is on vacation. I'm going to close this now and maybe in the future we'll be able to host a tourney (maybe for MKWii instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom