• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario RPG Discussion Thread

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
⭐ Welcome to the Mario RPG Discussion Thread ⭐

super_mario_rpg___legend_of_the_seven_stars_by_jmanvelez_dcwiogo.png

Art created by: Jmanvelez

This thread will be a place for discussion on the Mario RPG spinoff games and will be a place. If you are wanting to discuss and support the characters (Geno, Mallow, Goombella, Fawful etc) then this is the place for you! These characters mean a ton to so many within the Smash Bros community and around Smashboards so I want to ensure that there continues to be coverage and growth for these games and their respected fandoms within the Smash Bros community. If you are on board with that, this is the place for you!

The games that can be covered here include:

-Super Mario RPG-
-Paper Mario Series-
-Mario & Luigi Series-
-Mario + Rabbids Series-
-Mario Golf/Tennis GameBoy Series-

While this thread isn't associated with any group in particular, I still wanted to share the love and provide you some spots to perhaps check out! If there is a hangout you would like to include, feel free to send me a private message and I can add it to the OP.

Operation StarFall
A great Twitter handle that shares fan driven Super Mario RPG content including art, music, game mods etc. Definitely a place I recommend you follow if you want to continue seeing and supporting Geno

Star Road Discord
An entire Discord server for Super Mario RPG. How cool is that!
Invite Link: https://discord.gg/GywS2yq

Mario RPG Central
This is another good Discord server that talks about all Mario RPG games (SMRPG, Paper Mario, M&L, Mario + Rabbids etc)
Discord Invite Link: https://discord.gg/nY6rJua

Current Fan Games/Projects/Mods containing these characters:

Another Crusade/ Dragon Vein Studios
This is a game being created by Dragon Vein Studios. It's a game heavily inspired by Super Mario RPG and sets out to play just like something you would expect from Super Mario RPG. This is a really small studio who is hard at work at their game and have plenty of playable builds where you can provide feedback on. I heavily encourage supporting these guys!
Gameplay Trailer: https://youtu.be/Fg4w0fGOPNk
Discord Invite Link: discord.gg/79MFphJ

Another-Crusade-1.jpg

Flynt Buckler Wakes The Sleepy Castle
This beautiful looking game is currently in development by Montreal native, Ryan Jacob. Heavily inspired by Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, this game looks to make something truly unique while feeling very familiar to TTYD. Really looking forward to seeing more of this game down to the road!

FlyntB.JPG

Seahorse Saga
This game from Abyss Games is an undersea adventure with heavy inspiration from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. A playable demo is available on their itch.io site and you will be able to keep up with this game's updates by following their Twitter or joining their Discord

1653543093996.png

Rivals of Aether Workshop Geno
Created by Nackles42, Geno is a fully playable character in Rivals of Aether. He is even tournament viable in the Workshop series!

RoAGeno.jpg

Geno Mii Gunner Mod
Spearheaded by Toshin with assets provided by SeanHicks and SlenderSphere, Geno is being worked on as a fully realized character using the Mii Gunner as a base template

GenoMii.jpg

Friday Night RPG: Legend of the 7 Weeks
This is still currently in development but this is going to be a really well put together Friday Night Funkin mod when it's fully completed. A Demo of the first week is currently available for anyone interested in checking it out

MarioRPGFNF.jpg

Anything considered turned based and apart of the Mario franchise is more than welcome! I want to continue providing a spot to help these characters stay relevant and showcase how meaningful they are to Nintendo fans as a whole. So feel free to post art, share ongoing projects or just discuss your favorite characters and moments regarding Mario RPGs.

(Will continue to edit as time goes on)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I remember the first time I beat Super Mario RPG, it was the night before Brawl released. I remember I got to try out the game at a friends house when I was younger, but I never got my own copy until late 2007/early 2008

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
As someone who played during the so called rpg dark ages (my first paper mario game was super) I can say that I really missed out, I played superstar saga and paper 64 on emulator and I could say 9/10 game, good humor and gameplay with my main flaw being some pacing issues

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
As someone who played during the so called rpg dark ages (my first paper mario game was super) I can say that I really missed out, I played superstar saga and paper 64 on emulator and I could say 9/10 game, good humor and gameplay with my main flaw being some pacing issues
The nice thing about these games is that you can never be too late to experience any of these games. I never got a chance to play SuperStar Saga until almost 10 years after it came out. I remember playing it in the high school parking lot waiting for practice super early in the morning.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The nice thing about these games is that you can never be too late to experience any of these games. I never got a chance to play SuperStar Saga until almost 10 years after it came out. I remember playing it in the high school parking lot waiting for practice super early in the morning.
Yeah that's why emulation is cool

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Two questions that come to mind are...

-are any of the Mario & Luigi games on the 3DS worth picking up? I'm not sure when the 3DS's eShop is going to close, but I stopped paying close attention to the Mario & Luigi games after Bowser's Inside Story (it took me a while to buy a 3DS - it wasn't until shortly before Robin and Lucina were revealed for Smash 4, I think), so I'm not sure what I missed out on. (admittedly, I've got plenty of RPGs in my backlog, so I probably don't need another, but I'd prefer to buy any good ones now while I have the option)

-does anyone know of any spiritual successors to any of the Mario RPGs? (think Yooka-Laylee or Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night) I know that Bug Fables is extremely similar to Paper Mario (I bought Bug Fables on the Switch, played it, and loved it), but I was wondering if there were any other games like it that I was unaware of, or games that are like Super Mario RPG or Mario & Luigi. (I figure that Mario & Luigi would be more complicated to make a spiritual successor for, but I thought I should mention it)

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Two questions that come to mind are...

-are any of the Mario & Luigi games on the 3DS worth picking up? I'm not sure when the 3DS's eShop is going to close, but I stopped paying close attention to the Mario & Luigi games after Bowser's Inside Story (it took me a while to buy a 3DS - it wasn't until shortly before Robin and Lucina were revealed for Smash 4, I think), so I'm not sure what I missed out on. (admittedly, I've got plenty of RPGs in my backlog, so I probably don't need another, but I'd prefer to buy any good ones now while I have the option)

-does anyone know of any spiritual successors to any of the Mario RPGs? (think Yooka-Laylee or Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night) I know that Bug Fables is extremely similar to Paper Mario (I bought Bug Fables on the Switch, played it, and loved it), but I was wondering if there were any other games like it that I was unaware of, or games that are like Super Mario RPG or Mario & Luigi. (I figure that Mario & Luigi would be more complicated to make a spiritual successor for, but I thought I should mention it)
I haven't really had a chance to play any M&L outside of SuperStar. There are definitely some people out there who really like Dream Team and recommend checking it out.

While Super Mario RPG is constantly referenced and paid homage to the only true spiritual successor that I can think of is Another Crusade which is currently in development. I linked their Discord in the Original Post. They provide open betas of their current build so if you get a chance I definitely recommend checking it out.

Undertale/Deltarune have a crazy amount of Super Mario RPG influence to it's humor and characters. Both chapters have a direct quote from Super Mario RPG in them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Undertale/Deltarune have a crazy amount of Super Mario RPG influence to it's humor and characters. Both chapters have a direct quote from Super Mario RPG in them.
I've played Undertale (well, just the Pacifist run - don't think I'd have the stomach for the other) and both chapters of Deltarune, but I wasn't aware that both chapters had a Mario RPG quote in them. (though I knew about the references to Yoshi and Smash Bros.) Do you know when Mario RPG's referenced in Deltarune?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I've played Undertale (well, just the Pacifist run - don't think I'd have the stomach for the other) and both chapters of Deltarune, but I wasn't aware that both chapters had a Mario RPG quote in them. (though I knew about the references to Yoshi and Smash Bros.) Do you know when Mario RPG's referenced in Deltarune?
Deltarune Chapter 1 had the Forest Maze where you are suppose to avoid following Lancer and Chapter 2 had an interaction where it takes the quote about the statues. Honestly the design of the main antagonist of chapter 2 is heavily inspired by Valentina. Naturally Queen would have thousands of statues of herself just like Valentina did.

Ladies.JPG

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to whether people in this thread are Origami King Lovers or Origami King Haters. I personally love it, but I understand that the puzzle battle system can be a sticking point.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'm curious as to whether people in this thread are Origami King Lovers or Origami King Haters. I personally love it, but I understand that the puzzle battle system can be a sticking point.
One of my worst biggest gaming hot takes was once the thought that the first Paper Mario on N64 was better than TTYD. (Though both are incredible.)
But now that title might be that TOK outdoes them both imo.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
While I haven't played TOK or Color Splash, I don't have much ground to speak on either game. However I think my major concern or my immediate dismissal from those games comes from Tanabe's philosophy on how he needs to change the game and keep things fresh with it. I think new experiences are fine but I think my concerns from modern Paper Mario stems from how much it decided to stray away from the formula that made Super Mario RPG and the first two Paper Mario games really successful. The everything is paper approach feels a bit on the nose too. I think the worlds. Part of me kind of misses the idea of the game taking place within a story book instead of just papercraft being the entire world.

I think it still offers some really clever ideas in terms of what they are going for. Origami is a really great idea to introduce within a world like Paper Mario. But I think I want to see more enemies like Kammy Koopas or Jr Troopers before I see anymore color pencil trays or roll of tape enemies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've not played any of the Paper Mario games since Super Paper Mario on the Wii. I just know that after watching some LPs of Sticker Star and of Color Splash, the heart and soul of the series was lost to me at least.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I posted this in Geno thread and given the current discussion, it felt relevant again.

Origami King is an interesting title to compare with Mario RPG. I think in some respects, they're probably the most diametrically opposed Mario titles out there, perhaps only eclipsed by the contrast between something like Mario 3D Land and Mario Sunshine.

I will say for OK that unlike Sticker Star or Color Splash which were very flawed executions of a role playing game, the former is a successful attempt at being an enjoyable action adventure title (albeit with RPG elements that don't really feel like they fit anymore). So if nothing else, I don't want this comparison to be seen as an excuse to bag on OK.

When I say the two relevant titles are at opposite ends of a spectrum I mean it in a sense that Mario RPG feels like such a fundamentally out there concept with a feel that was never attempted while Origami King feels very much like the end point of Nintendo's preferred execution of a non-platforming Mario story to the point where it likely will be the model they'll draw from in the future.

The 1996 title is one that very much was so bizarre on paper. Square doing a Mario game (years before they were utilizing their sensibilities on other properties ala Kingdom Hearts) is something that so very well could have gone wrong or felt very ill-fitting. That it succeeded as well as it did speaks to their talents and that the Mario universe was the absolute perfect point to explore. While both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi did put together creative worlds and non-traditional settings in their settings, it never felt quite as off the beaten path as this one (with the potential exception of SPM).

The game is more or less a triumph of timing, with Square having mastered the 16 bit RPG, Nintendo the image of Mario, and both going into much different directions after 1996. Trying a release like this even two years before or after feels like it would have produced a much different result given the circumstances. The former became known for the heavier, more "realistic" RPG's and the latter would corner the market on safe for all ages, storybook presentation (with stuff like the noted Super Paper Mario very much being the exception). Square would rarely get light-hearted games as fun as this, and Nintendo's sense of gravitas with Mario would often be limited to stuff like the first Galaxy title.

By contrast, Origami King seems to me like what Nintendo has been trying to do with its role playing game releases since the initial dubious shift in Sticker Star. Its trend since then has been disdainfully referred to as casualization by many of its critics, but I suspect its closer to the company wanting a sense of carrying on the spirit of the Mario platformer titles into character/story oriented spin-offs like Paper Mario. SS was a horrible attempt, largely because it was an outright stripping away of the first two titles down to essentials, with generic series elements to fill them. Color Splash improved on the idea somewhat, yet it still felt like an odd blending of elements that didn't quite fit, another sign of the continued tinkering they were still doing.

Thus we reach last year's game, which has become the kind of experience that the previous games in some ways were attempting to be, but didn't pull off. The world is varied enough, there's some interesting story points present without being too wild, and it has the kind of exploration that fits in with the storybook presentation they've always been keen on. While I think the non-boss battles do feel like a relic of a genre that the game seemingly isn't even in anymore, the overall package is a good one. It's the first time since SPM that I can say a Paper Mario game is succeeding at what it's going for, even if It's not necessarily the kind of game I'm interested in, in comparison to Thousand Year Door or even something like Bug Fables.

tl:dr: Mario RPG was the lightning in a bottle from two companies at the exact right moment to make it while Origami King is the result of many failed experiments and gradual shift by one company to get its story based Mario titles in a form it preferred.

Griselda

Smash Lord
So, I make my big 'Exit: Griselda' speech over on the Geno thread # 2 (how many times have I made a 'goodbye forever' post?), and then I find out that this place has been made and perhaps I don't have to go back to being an inanimate Zelda doll? Funny how that works.

Everything I said over there still applies - I did say I'd consider staying on board if there was a place to do it, after all, even if it wasn't a daily attendance sort of thing - but before I make any decisions I have a quick question..

Is Geppetto welcome? 'Cause I'm only staying if my edgy son can, too.

By which I mean, of course, is it alright for me to post my art/comics/whatever in addition to general discussion? They aren't/likely won't be like direct adaptations of SMRPG or the other Mario RPG series, but they're definitely Mario RPG adjacent. Geppetto is of course a fan character who's related to Geno by his very nature, and I've also done a doodle or two of Mimi from SPM.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm actually pretty excited that I should have my Switch modded within the week. I can finally include that sick Geno Mod and most likely the Dixie Kong one that just came out. (That one is incredibly as well!)

Are there any other really cool Super Mario RPG mods available for Ultimate? Has the Fawful over Bowser Jr been ported over from Wii U?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My favourite thing about the Mario & Luigi series is definitely the giant battles.

I freaking love the idea of two massive things throwing hands with each other towering over entire landscapes.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Ayy, looks like SMRPG discussion here won't be completely dead after all.

So, I make my big 'Exit: Griselda' speech over on the Geno thread # 2 (how many times have I made a 'goodbye forever' post?), and then I find out that this place has been made and perhaps I don't have to go back to being an inanimate Zelda doll? Funny how that works.

Everything I said over there still applies - I did say I'd consider staying on board if there was a place to do it, after all, even if it wasn't a daily attendance sort of thing - but before I make any decisions I have a quick question..

Is Geppetto welcome? 'Cause I'm only staying if my edgy son can, too.

By which I mean, of course, is it alright for me to post my art/comics/whatever in addition to general discussion? They aren't/likely won't be like direct adaptations of SMRPG or the other Mario RPG series, but they're definitely Mario RPG adjacent. Geppetto is of course a fan character who's related to Geno by his very nature, and I've also done a doodle or two of Mimi from SPM.
Speaking of edgy, you guys remember when I had that dream that Geno got in Smash but he was super edgy and used a beam sword?

It ****ing kills me to this day the OG Beta Geno is basically just that. I may never get over that, considering in that same dream I dreamt of Terry getting in Smash and then that happened too. Apparently I need to eat more Crockpot Lasagna alongside Paw Patrol Mac n Cheese because that **** was fire and was oddly accurate all things considered. Must be some sort of ritual.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
You know what would be absolutely sweet, even though I'm 100% certain it would never happen?

If in this year's Christmas event in Mario Kart Tour, they theme it around miracles and wishes coming true, and have Geno as the main focus of that event.

It sounds super obvious and a bit corny, but imagine how sick that would be.

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually pretty excited that I should have my Switch modded within the week. I can finally include that sick Geno Mod and most likely the Dixie Kong one that just came out. (That one is incredibly as well!)

Are there any other really cool Super Mario RPG mods available for Ultimate? Has the Fawful over Bowser Jr been ported over from Wii U?
Man, I’m so scared over the idea of modding my switch. On one side, I would love to have that Geno and Dixie mod. On the other side, I know what happens if you get caught with a modded switch, even if it doesn’t alter gameplay.

Ugh, what to do.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

oh man I do want to do a mod like that. Tell us if it’s pretty stable or fairly doable.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
While I haven't played TOK or Color Splash, I don't have much ground to speak on either game. However I think my major concern or my immediate dismissal from those games comes from Tanabe's philosophy on how he needs to change the game and keep things fresh with it. I think new experiences are fine but I think my concerns from modern Paper Mario stems from how much it decided to stray away from the formula that made Super Mario RPG and the first two Paper Mario games really successful. The everything is paper approach feels a bit on the nose too. I think the worlds. Part of me kind of misses the idea of the game taking place within a story book instead of just papercraft being the entire world.

I think it still offers some really clever ideas in terms of what they are going for. Origami is a really great idea to introduce within a world like Paper Mario. But I think I want to see more enemies like Kammy Koopas or Jr Troopers before I see anymore color pencil trays or roll of tape enemies.
So I'm doing my first playthrough of a Mario RPG that isn't SMRPG, and I'm starting with OG Paper Mario and I have to say that my biggest issue thus far is how hard they are trying to make not like an RPG while still retaining enough elements to call it one. It started with the OG Paper Mario, where you can upgrade your partners and you get new Shoes and Hammers as you go along, but your partners don't get gear and you don't have actual stats to level up for anyone. In SMRPG when a character leveled up, said character would get flat stat boosts and then you could determine for them to get more HP, more ATK/DEF, or more MagA/MagD: here in PM64 you just boost your HP, FP (Mana) or Badge Points (BP) which determine what spells you get to have by equipping certain badges.

So, from SMRPG to PM64, we have already lost the following:
  • Gaining flat stats and choosing which flat stats to gain, now reduced to just more HP, Mana, or glorified Skill Equipment Points.
  • Having more than one character gaining levels, as only Mario levels up, while your partners can be 'upgraded' at pre-determined segments in the game.
  • Having true party members, as they don't really attend battle nor level up like a normal RPG, and them getting damaged only removes them from combat for a number of turns equal to said damage. They also don't get to use any sort of equipment or gear.
  • Having more than one party member in combat aside from Mario.
  • Party members being able to use items in combat (or in general).
  • Having true unique spells or skills for Mario via level-up, as everything is determined by Badges.
  • Being able to purchase non-Badge equipment, as outside of items and Badges, it seems Hammers and Shoes are tied to progression.
There may be more negatives in terms of things being removed, but in exchange we gained:
  • Overworld abilities, with puzzles, secrets and progression tied to their usage. This is a very welcome addition.
  • Star Power, which I relate closest to Summons. You summon one of the Star Spirits you have saved using an additional meter that gets extended by one, in addition to getting a new Star Spirit to summon, every time you rescue one of them. They come down from Star Haven and provide some sort of broken effect for you that genuinely seems better than any other option you could have at most times in combat. The catch is that Star Power meter builds back very slowly at the beginning of each of Mario's turns unless you spend Mario's turn to Focus to build back a huge chunk of it and there are no other ways to refill it, while Mario can be built to be more useful in most situation than your partner can as they are generally themed around certain abilities/ways to attack while Mario can just change up his Badges as needed and swapping out your ally with another takes up either their turn or Mario's. Still seems pretty strong in most scenarios, I just saved the third Star Spirit and while I haven't used his Star Power yet it seems just better than anything else I have at the moment.
  • Badges, which work like Equipment but give MOSTLY no flat stat bonuses, although there are very few that do. Most of them give you new passives much like equipment you could get from Frogfucius's Student via Frog Coins or some of the later accessories in the game, some of which boost damage in very specific scenarios, or they just give you new Spells/Skills to use in combat. A couple have Overworld Abilities of effect Overworld Abilities, and honestly I think this is amazing for people like myself who love trying out multiple build paths as they are very easy to equip or unequip at your leisure. Want to focus only on Hammer? There are Badges for that. Only on Jumping? There are Badges for that. Mix of both? Sure! Heal Over Time? There are Badges for that. Suck at Timed Hits? There are Badges for that. Getting coins back upon item usage? There are Badges for that. Wanna make the enemy look like an idiot by dodging stuff and then taunting them? There are Badges for that. Are you unga-bunga like me and think equipping every 3-cost badge is the way to go? As much as it irks my friend sometimes, that is IN FACT a way to play the game.
I've been very much enjoying it overall, and thus far I really can see why it was originally SMRPG2 as it really does have that charm and a lot of moments that feel like they were trying to remake SMRPG on a new console. No spoilers from anyone who has gotten further, if'n you don't mind. I know actually nothing about this game and playing it blind for my friends has been a blast thus far.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'd actually venture to say the depth from badge points and the intricacies of the battle system in the first two PM titles do give them the gameplay edge over Mario RPG, though in terms of story, aesthetics, and soundtrack Mario RPG still wins out.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'd probably agree that PM felt more in depth in terms of battle system than Super Mario RPG on a surface level. Something about physically seeing the difference in stats and badges is pretty crazy. Especially with how insane some of these dedicated Paper Mario Youtubers are. (Their math is nuts)

At a core level, Square Enix wins out because of how more in depth party members are in terms of stats. TTYD did fix this with allowing party members more of a presence in battle but Geno, Mallow, Bowser and Peach still feel like more fleshed out characters in terms of a traditional RPG sense.

But what matters most is the variety Paper Mario provides in gameplay. I prefer comparing the games within the specific series to one another over comparing them directly to a Mario & Luigi, Mario Golf, Mario RPG etc because it's difficult to really draw direct comparisons because of how different they are. Is it really possible to compare Mario & Luigi to Mario + Rabbids and offer a full explanation on why one's combat is better than the other?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I would say the that the first two Paper Mario titles, most of the M&L games, and the original Mario RPG feel like the most fair in comparing given the base similarities, even if it's a given that they all have different strengths. The former two are their own successors to the latter, and it's fascinating to see how the separate evolutions went. It's the kind of thing that makes me curious to see how Another Crusade will end up given it is so directly taking cues from the 1996 game.

Griselda

Smash Lord

..So, am I supposed to take your lack of a 'no' to my question as a 'yes'? I kinda figured I was asking you as the thread-maker, but I suppose I should've specified.

I have another one too, though, now that it's come up. Are you handling modding your switch, yourself, or having someone else do it?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
..So, am I supposed to take your lack of a 'no' to my question as a 'yes'? I kinda figured I was asking you as the thread-maker, but I suppose I should've specified.

I have another one too, though, now that it's come up. Are you handling modding your switch, yourself, or having someone else do it?
I apologize if i missed your earlier post. This week alone has been a bit of a whirlwind.

I actually am getting someone to take a look at it and help me mod it. My Switch is in this weird period of being bought during the Summer of 2018 so I have no idea what version of it is. So I'm just gonna have someone with more experience look at it and get it set up correctly.

There are some really helpful guides for this kind of stuff however that I recommend checking out.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I apologize if i missed your earlier post. This week alone has been a bit of a whirlwind.

I actually am getting someone to take a look at it and help me mod it. My Switch is in this weird period of being bought during the Summer of 2018 so I have no idea what version of it is. So I'm just gonna have someone with more experience look at it and get it set up correctly.

There are some really helpful guides for this kind of stuff however that I recommend checking out.

My first question was whether or not you considered Geppetto doodles Mario RPG-related, since as a Geno rival/counterpart he's a SMRPG oc. Granted, any comics or whatever I'd post about him would also probably involve Geno, so there's that too. What I had in mind, besides random sketches, would be like snapshots of a SMRPG sequel-type thing, maybe?

As far as Switch modding goes... I've seen those guides before (I even have that particular one bookmarked already), but I'd much, much prefer simply paying someone who's actually done it before to do it for me. If it came down to it I could probably make an attempt at it myself, but I'd rather not risk screwing up the physical opening the Switch up part. I know for a fact that my own Switch is unfortunately patched (I input the serial number into a site meant for determining that sort of thing) so I'll end up buying an older, unpatched Switch for it anyways, and if I'm paying for the new Switch I feel I might as well also pay someone experienced to mod it as a proper service.

..As for how I'd do that, I've hit a roadblock since there's nobody near me who knows that sort of thing. The person you're getting to look at yours is local, I'm assuming? Though I'm not sure how it'd work with the Switch's battery, I'd absolutely be willing to mail the thing to them, if that's what it took and they were open to handling mine, too. Or, failing that, point me towards someone else who was willing. As well as discuss payment and pricing, of course. I mean, I know that this probably isn't the best place to discuss it, but I am serious about it. If this is something that's possible, could you drop me a private message?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
My first question was whether or not you considered Geppetto doodles Mario RPG-related, since as a Geno rival/counterpart he's a SMRPG oc. Granted, any comics or whatever I'd post about him would also probably involve Geno, so there's that too. What I had in mind, besides random sketches, would be like snapshots of a SMRPG sequel-type thing, maybe?
I don't see why that would be an issue. Considering I share a lot of projects going on that are already SMRPG related. So if you have anything that ties into it, that might be fine.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Pretty good mood, found out there's another spiritual successor to Paper Mario being worked on:

It's called Flynt Buckler Wakes the Sleepy Castle and it might be worth keeping one's eye on for while.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Pretty good mood, found out there's another spiritual successor to Paper Mario being worked on:

It's called Flynt Buckler Wakes the Sleepy Castle and it might be worth keeping one's eye on for while.
This looks really good! I can add this to the OP if you would like.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well. Apologies for not replying as much as I should. Been actually doing a lot of woodworking projects as of late (kind of ironic)

Edit: 11/08/2021

I have updated the OP with images of projects and added Flynt Buckler to the list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom