• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Party Megastars (Mario Party Creation)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I was looking back at my old threads and found out why they were so unsuccessful. I made them too complicated, creating new gameplay styles and alienating those who were interested in these threads by making them too complicated. So for this thread, I will stick to the gameplay of the series I am making a creation thread for and build off of it, and hopefully that will lead to a more successful thread in the process.

Anyway that's just me being nostalgic. Let's talk about Mario Party.

Mario Party Superstars cover art.jpg

As you may know, Mario Party has become much more popular than it was a decade ago due to sticking back to the classic gameplay everyone knows and loves. Superstars also became popular due to remastering several classic boards and minigames. With Mario Party becoming a hot franchise once again, I think having a thread where we design our own Mario Party sequel would be a cool thing to do. And like previously stated this game will feature the gameplay of the classic Mario Party games, i e traveling a map and collect coins to buy items and stars while you may and may not complete a secondary goal.

Of course, since the last game was called Superstars, this game will be called

Mario Party Megastars

More updates will come later

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Daisy
Toad
Wario
Waluigi
Toadette
Goomba

Isle Delfino - A Beautiful tropical resort

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Item System

I was thinking we can maybe do an item system similar to Mario Party 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 where all the items are one kind. This time, I was thinking cards maybe. There would be different kinds of cards.

Movement Cards: These cards would be red and have various items used for movement on the boards.

Attack Cards: These cards would be blue and have various items used to target opponents during your turn.

Trap Cards: These cards would be green and have various items you can set on spaces behind or in front of you.

Defense Cards: These cards would be orange and give you items to protect yourself against uncertainties. These are a rarer type of card.

Rare Cards: These cards would be rainbow colored and would be extremely rare cards to find. These include Duel Cards, Miracle Cards, etc.

I would say each player can hold a maximum of 4 cards. That seems fair to me. I can flesh out this idea if interested.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1
Submit a pair of characters

Submit a maximum of two characters to enter in this thread. It can be anyone as long as they didn't debut from the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi subseries, not Bowser/Jr and the Koopalings, and obviously a Mario character and not from the current character list.

Job 1
Submit a board

Submit a board that would ask for the first board anyone would play. Create a simple, but not easy board taking place or inspired by a main Mario location, preferably a grass or beach stage. Describe the basic shape and structure of the board and any notable gimmicks this board may have. If you want you can also describe any major cameos and appearances by other Mario characters. Map jobs will be later so don't make a map.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Image result for toadette

Toadette
She is usually a staple of the spinoffs, so I think she would work in Mario Party and should be included.

Image result for goomba

Goomba
Goomba would just be a funny inclusion.

Board Submission

Wooded Kingdom | Nintendo | Fandom

Steam Garden
Based off the Wooded Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey, this board would be square in shape and feature a flat board initially with a grid like structure. At the edges of this board are some happening spaces where hitting these spaces will cause steam to billow from the structure of this mechanized garden. In the process the garden will rise as a tower, revealing ladders with more rare and valuable spaces. Be careful as certain spaces are under this building and when the garden is pressed back into its normal form, the player will be crushed and lose coins.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 1: Character Choices
Diddy_Kong_%28Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze%29.png

Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong is already in the roster, so let's throw in his buddy good old Diddy!

300px-SMO_Art_-_E3_Char4.png

Cappy
Introducing a newcomer to the roster is none other than Cappy himself from Super Mario Odyssey!

Job 2: Board Sumbit
KoopaTroopaBeach.gif

Koopa Shores
Taking inspiration from Mario Kart 64's Koopa Troopa Beach track as well the Koopa Beach tracks from Super Mario Kart, this tropical paradise's layout would be bit simple having sandbacks and shallow with paths split into two and Sidestepper crabs roaming around, however the main stage hazard would be the Shy Guy ship from Mario Kart Wii that would go around the board firing cannonballs with an icon on one of the spaces meaning that said cannonball hits you if you're on it, not much but it's my first time doing this.

Other character cameos for the board would have aquatic enemies swimming around as well Pinatas and Nokis from Mario Sunshine being there.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Oooooh, a Mario Party creation thread. Something I wanted to do for a while but never got around to doing. Can't wait to be a part of this.

Job 1

Rosalina

png-clipart-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-and-wii-u-rosalina-super-mario-rpg-mario-super-s...png

The space mother herself. She has been appearing frequently in the Mario spinoffs as of recent. I feel she deserves to join this Mario Party due to her being super popular within the Mario fandom.

Birdo

Super-Mario-Bros-Birdo-PNG-Photos.png

Another super iconic Mario character who recently rejoined the Mario Party series in Mario Party Superstars. I feel she deceivers to rejoin the roster again to get some of the important obvious characters onto the roster. Plus, a friend for Yoshi!

Job 2

Bob-Omb Battlefield

668.png

The iconic first level from Super Mario 64. It could be a simple board that allows you to reach King Bob-Omb up top for a star. It's a simple board that involves one star location for beginners. Some happening spaces can feature a little board mini game where you can race Koopa the Quick, Chain Chomp stealing your stars, etc.

D

Deleted member

Pauline
Odyssey had a fun new spin on her.

King_K._Rool_Smash_Ultimate.png

King K. Rool

Smash brought him back. Let's let him take part.

newdonkcity.jpg

New Donk City
A City themed board would be cool

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 1:

E. Gadd

E Gadd.png

Poor old E. Gadd has yet to be allowed to join in with the fun and games of the spinoffs despite his prominant appearances in Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi and even references in Super Mario Sunshine. Time to get his party on!

King-Bob-Omb.png

King Bob-Omb's been recieving attention lately with Mario Kart Tour and Mario Golf Super Rush. Maybe it's time to let him explode onto the Mario Party scene?

Board Submission: Isle Delfino
Isle-Delfino.png

Welcome to the sunny shores of Isle Delfino. This board will have you travelling around the plaza.

Features:

• Shine Sprites replace Stars on this board. They function exactly the same however and this is mostly an aesthetic change.
  • Event "!" space 1(one space on the whole board): Il Piantissimo will challenge the player who lands on his space to a test of skill, in which he'll play a short minigame between him and the player who lands on the skill. Beat him in this 1 vs 1 challenge and he'll reward you with a Shine Sprite!
  • Event "!" space 2 (four spaces on the board): Landing on these event spaces will have a Pianta chuck you through the air to the other side of the board, throwing you through a bunch of floating coins. Can either be a great help if the Sprite is on the other side, or a great hinderance if you land on it by mistake when the Sprite is only a few more spaces away!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
View attachment 354141
Toadette
She is usually a staple of the spinoffs, so I think she would work in Mario Party and should be included.

View attachment 354142
Goomba
Goomba would just be a funny inclusion.

Board Submission

View attachment 354143
Steam Garden
Based off the Wooded Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey, this board would be square in shape and feature a flat board initially with a grid like structure. At the edges of this board are some happening spaces where hitting these spaces will cause steam to billow from the structure of this mechanized garden. In the process the garden will rise as a tower, revealing ladders with more rare and valuable spaces. Be careful as certain spaces are under this building and when the garden is pressed back into its normal form, the player will be crushed and lose coins.
Job 1: Character Choices
View attachment 354147
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong is already in the roster, so let's throw in his buddy good old Diddy!

View attachment 354148
Cappy
Introducing a newcomer to the roster is none other than Cappy himself from Super Mario Odyssey!

Job 2: Board Sumbit
View attachment 354150
Koopa Shores
Taking inspiration from Mario Kart 64's Koopa Troopa Beach track as well the Koopa Beach tracks from Super Mario Kart, this tropical paradise's layout would be bit simple having sandbacks and shallow with paths split into two and Sidestepper crabs roaming around, however the main stage hazard would be the Shy Guy ship from Mario Kart Wii that would go around the board firing cannonballs with an icon on one of the spaces meaning that said cannonball hits you if you're on it, not much but it's my first time doing this.

Other character cameos for the board would have aquatic enemies swimming around as well Pinatas and Nokis from Mario Sunshine being there.

Pauline
Odyssey had a fun new spin on her.

View attachment 354165
King K. Rool

Smash brought him back. Let's let him take part.

View attachment 354166
New Donk City
A City themed board would be cool
Job 1:

E. Gadd

View attachment 354182
Poor old E. Gadd has yet to be allowed to join in with the fun and games of the spinoffs despite his prominant appearances in Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi and even references in Super Mario Sunshine. Time to get his party on!

View attachment 354185
King Bob-Omb's been recieving attention lately with Mario Kart Tour and Mario Golf Super Rush. Maybe it's time to let him explode onto the Mario Party scene?

View attachment 354186

Welcome to the sunny shores of Isle Delfino. This board will have you travelling around the plaza.

Features:
  • Shine Sprites replace Stars on this board. They function exactly the same however and this is mostly an aesthetic change.
  • Event "!" space 1(one space on the whole board): Il Piantissimo will challenge the player who lands on his space to a test of skill, in which he'll play a short minigame between him and the player who lands on the skill. Beat him in this 1 vs 1 challenge and he'll reward you with a Shine Sprite!
  • Event "!" space 2 (four spaces on the board): Landing on these event spaces will have a Pianta chuck you through the air to the other side of the board, throwing you through a bunch of floating coins. Can either be a great help if the Sprite is on the other side, or a great hinderance if you land on it by mistake when the Sprite is only a few more spaces away!
Oooooh, a Mario Party creation thread. Something I wanted to do for a while but never got around to doing. Can't wait to be a part of this.

Job 1

Rosalina

View attachment 354159

The space mother herself. She has been appearing frequently in the Mario spinoffs as of recent. I feel she deserves to join this Mario Party due to her being super popular within the Mario fandom.

Birdo

View attachment 354160

Another super iconic Mario character who recently rejoined the Mario Party series in Mario Party Superstars. I feel she deceivers to rejoin the roster again to get some of the important obvious characters onto the roster. Plus, a friend for Yoshi!

Job 2

Bob-Omb Battlefield

View attachment 354161

The iconic first level from Super Mario 64. It could be a simple board that allows you to reach King Bob-Omb up top for a star. It's a simple board that involves one star location for beginners. Some happening spaces can feature a little board mini game where you can race Koopa the Quick, Chain Chomp stealing your stars, etc.
Toadette
Goomba
Diddy Kong
Cappy
Rosalina
Birdo
Pauline
King K. Rool
E. Gadd
King Bomb-omb

Vote for your top 3, ranked voting is in play, you may vote for your own in second or third place

Steam Garden
Koopa Shores
Bomb-omb Battlefield
New Donk City
Isle Delfino

Same rules apply, vote for your top 3

Job 3
Submit 2 Minigames
Minigames are just as iconic to Mario Party as the boards. For context, this game is played using the joycons so motion controls are allowed. Describe a pair of free-for-all minigames, describe their name (make sure they have a pun name), where they take place, the rules of the game, and how to play the minigame, you can take full advantage of it being taking place in a Mario game, so you can also use Yoshi and DK characters in your minigame.

Job 4
How would usuable items work
With each Marty Party having a different dice and item system, I would like to know how you would make this incarnation of the item system. Questions include how many items a player can hold. Are special dice and other items separate categories? Will there even be special dice blocks. The goal of this job is too see which item system would be the most popular on this thread.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
K Rool
Goomba
Diddy

Isle Delfino
Steam Gardens
Koopa Shores

Minigame 1
BOOM-a-rang
Taking place in an outback, this minigame has each player taking turns catching gemstones using a bomb-omb themed boomerang. However what goes up must come down and the exploding boomerang will return back to the platform the players were on, if the boomerang hits you then you will get the full diamond payload. However if you let the boomerang hit another player but you will lose half the payload, but the hitted opponent will also lose half their score as well. Highest score wins, of course.

Minigame 2
Smooth Moves
In the DKC styled jungle islands, where this minigame takes place, a series of tikis will become filled with bananas. Following this kremlings will line up asking for banana smoothies. Each player will take a tiki and spin it like a blender, the more you spin it the more smooth the smoothie will become. However, you also run the risk of the tiki exploding, giving you no score. The smoother the smoothie the better and the one with the most smooth smoothie wins.

Items
Okay so I think items should be categorized by colored categories, to explain what function this type of item accomplishes and also how to use the item.

Trap Items
Place this item on a specific space and the first one to hit the affected space will trigger the item.

Passing Items
Place this item between two spaces, and the first one to pass through that area will trigger the item.

Targeted Items
These items target specific players, including yourself, can be either random or selected depending on the item.

Self-Use Items
Items that can only be used by the user.

Dice Blocks
Items based around special dice blocks or whose effects are determined by a dice block.

Misc
Items that don't follow the above categories.

Character Items
Items that can only be used by specific characters, so Mario has his own item that Luigi can't use, think of it as the character specific items from Mario Kart or the special dice blocks from Super Mario Party.

Items can be bought from places called "Lakitu Shops." There you can buy pre-selected items that shuffle after a few turns or buy a capsule for a random item at a cheaper price. You can have a maximum of 4 items, but more or less maximum items can be triggered in the settings.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Toadette (She's a Mario Party veteran so she could come back. Plus, a friend for Toad!)
2. Pauline (Another new face who has been playable in recent Mario spinoffs, she should make her debut in a Mario Party soon.)
3. Rosalina (Self-vote but we should complete the main princess trifecta.)

1. Isle Delfino (Classic location which could work really well as a board.)
2. Steam Gardens (Lots of potential here.)
3. Bob-Omb Battlefield (Self-vote but it can prove to be a fun board idea.)

Job 3

Minigames

1. CAPtivating Captures
Taking place in the Cap Kingdom, everyone gets a sentient hat in the form of a Cappy-esque species in the hat. In this Minigame, you need to try to capture the three things Tiara is thinking about. These can range from a frog, a tree, etc. Within 60 seconds, the players have to run around the area capturing the ideas. The first player to do this wins.

2. What It Takes to be POPular
Taking place in Pinna Park and based off of that one shine episode, the players will be tasked to throw darts/bullets at Bowser Jr balloons while riding the roller coaster. Pink balloons are worth 1 point. Gold balloons are worth three points. Once the roller coaster ride ends, whoever popped the most balloons wins.

Job 4

Item System

I was thinking we can maybe do an item system similar to Mario Party 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 where all the items are one kind. This time, I was thinking cards maybe. There would be different kinds of cards.

Movement Cards: These cards would be red and have various items used for movement on the boards.

Attack Cards: These cards would be blue and have various items used to target opponents during your turn.

Trap Cards: These cards would be green and have various items you can set on spaces behind or in front of you.

Defense Cards: These cards would be orange and give you items to protect yourself against uncertainties. These are a rarer type of card.

Rare Cards: These cards would be rainbow colored and would be extremely rare cards to find. These include Duel Cards, Miracle Cards, etc.

I would say each player can hold a maximum of 4 cards. That seems fair to me. I can flesh out this idea if interested.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1. Toadette (She's a Mario Party veteran so she could come back. Plus, a friend for Toad!)
2. Pauline (Another new face who has been playable in recent Mario spinoffs, she should make her debut in a Mario Party soon.)

Job 3

Minigames

1. CAPtivating Captures
Taking place in the Cap Kingdom, everyone gets a sentient hat in the form of a Cappy-esque species in the hat. In this Minigame, you need to try to capture the three things Tiara is thinking about. These can range from a frog, a tree, etc. Within 60 seconds, the players have to run around the area capturing the ideas. The first player to do this wins.

Taking place in Pinna Park and based off of that one shine episode, the players will be tasked to throw darts/bullets at Bowser Jr balloons while riding the roller coaster. Pink balloons are worth 1 point. Gold balloons are worth three points. Once the roller coaster ride ends, whoever popped the most balloons wins.

Job 4

Item System

I thought in 6 and 7 each character had an esclusive item such as Wario having the Vucuum Shroom, or was that 3

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb I think it was just 7. I'm talking more about how all the items were one object versus multiple ones. For instance in Mario Party 5, 6 and 7, the items were all orbs. Mario Party 8, they were all candy.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb I think it was just 7. I'm talking more about how all the items were one object versus multiple ones. For instance in Mario Party 5, 6 and 7, the items were all orbs. Mario Party 8, they were all candy.
Okay that's good to know, this is just a base to build off of for when we are developing items, stuff like categories help organize items better. Character specifc items would be something that may or may not be added depending on how many items there will be, if we have a small handful of items ler category then we could have character specifc items. If we have a bunch of items then there would only be character specifc dice blocks, if at all.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Toadette
2. Goomba
3. Birdo

1. Delfino
2. Koopa Shore
3. Bob-Omb Battlefield

Minigame 1: Lava Brawl
This would be similar to my favorite Mario Party minigame Fish Upon a Star, except instead of Cheep Cheeps destroying the arena, parts of the arena would slowly sink into the lava over time, and the arena starts as a circle instead of a star.

Minigame 2: Long Jump
This is inspired by a different Mario Party 5 minigame (Triple Jump), where the player needs to mash the A button while running as a way to build up speed, and then the player needs to mash the B button in the air, so they can get the farthest distance possible. The player with the farthest distance wins.

I’ll nominate Super Stars’s system for items if that’s allowed

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Votes:

1. Toadette
2. Pauline
3. Goomba

1. New Donk
2. Steam Gardens
3. Bob-omb Battlefield

----------------------------

Minigame 1: Cook-King (free for all)
"You're in charge of cooking for some very important royal guests! A successful meal may lead to better relations between your kingdoms! However, it's every chef for themselves as you rush about gathering ingredients, and preparing the meal! Remember to cook it!"

• This minigame takes place in the kitchen of Princess Peach's castle. Various blue, green and yellow Toads rush backwards and forwards holding ingredients. Ingredients include mushrooms, peaches, star bits, daisies(Smash Bros. reference!), Magmatos, watermelons, bananas, garlic and fire flowers(yes Fire Flowers are apparently edible).
  • The head waiter Toad will start the game by bursting into the kitchen in a panic and starts blurting out the ingredients. The other Toads suddenly panic and rush around to grab ingredients.
  • The player must obtain the ingredients from these panicking Toads by running up to them as they run backwards and forwards and press 'A' to pick the item up, before taking it to their pot (colour co-ordinated to make it easy to tell whose pot is whose)
  • Players can steal ingredients off of one another using the A button when another player is holding the ingredient above their head.
  • Once the players have collected their three ingredients they must take their pot over and pop it on the Small Fryguy
  • Be careful not to overcook the meal! You want to take the pot off before the steam turns to smoke!
  • At the end we see the visitors; Goomboss, King Bob-Omb (should he not get in), King Boo (again, as long as he doesn't become playable), King Totomesu, Wart and Hisstocrat tucking into the meals. If the meal is satisfying they will happily scoff it down. If it's not they will look disappointed.
  • Whoever cooks the best meal wins the game!
    • However if ALL the meals are equally destroyed or no orders are complete by the end of the game, we see the king guest in question throw a fit, demolishing part of the castle. In this case no one is awarded coins.
Minigame 2: Perry-Sailing (free for all)
"Perry has decided a life at sea is for him! Join him on the open waves as you navigate the open waters to treasure island!"
  • This minigame has everyone navigating a water obstacle course whilst floating in Perry in his Bowlbrella form.
  • The only controls are the directional sticks.
  • Hazards include whirlpools, Cheep Cheeps, Gushens and Bloopers as well as the Black Sugar Gang who will be firing upon you with their pirate ships! Avoid the cannonfire!
  • Gushens can be used to be pushed forward quickly as they'll shoot a jet stream towards the player. These can be useful for catching up if you're behind, just make sure they don't push you into a less helpful hazard!
  • Whoever makes it through the obstacle course first will make it to treasure island and win the game!
-------------------------------------------------

Item proposal: Buddy System

I'd like to propose a sort of similar item system to Super Mario Party's Ally Phone with a slight twist; All items are 'Buddy' characters.

Like a bizarre Pokemon trainer you can carry up to three buddys with you at a time, each able to do a unique action which disappear after use. Whilst we're likely to get a lot of potential buddy options as playable characters, we can always differentiate the player and the Buddy version. For example, playable Koopa Troopa: Green Shell, 'Buddy' Koopa Troopa: Red Shell.

For a quick example of some potential 'buddy' ideas to give everyone a general idea of what they'd do:
  • Chargin' Chuck: Chargin' Chuck will charge you forward twice whatever you roll, and flatten any opponent you pass, taking five coins per character from them as they go!
  • Lakitu: Lakitu will allow you to float above the hazards of the board. Red spaces won't affect you and you won't trip any event spaces. You also won't, however, earn any coins from blue spaces, making this a double edge sword. He will fish the star up for you as you pass however.
  • Little Mouser: These tiny mice will allow you to kidnap another player's buddy options should you run past them! Rob them of their buddy and replenish your own squad!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
K Rool
Goomba
Diddy

Isle Delfino
Steam Gardens
Koopa Shores

Minigame 1
BOOM-a-rang
Taking place in an outback, this minigame has each player taking turns catching gemstones using a bomb-omb themed boomerang. However what goes up must come down and the exploding boomerang will return back to the platform the players were on, if the boomerang hits you then you will get the full diamond payload. However if you let the boomerang hit another player but you will lose half the payload, but the hitted opponent will also lose half their score as well. Highest score wins, of course.

Minigame 2
Smooth Moves
In the DKC styled jungle islands, where this minigame takes place, a series of tikis will become filled with bananas. Following this kremlings will line up asking for banana smoothies. Each player will take a tiki and spin it like a blender, the more you spin it the more smooth the smoothie will become. However, you also run the risk of the tiki exploding, giving you no score. The smoother the smoothie the better and the one with the most smooth smoothie wins.

Items
Okay so I think items should be categorized by colored categories, to explain what function this type of item accomplishes and also how to use the item.

Trap Items
Place this item on a specific space and the first one to hit the affected space will trigger the item.

Passing Items
Place this item between two spaces, and the first one to pass through that area will trigger the item.

Targeted Items
These items target specific players, including yourself, can be either random or selected depending on the item.

Self-Use Items
Items that can only be used by the user.

Dice Blocks
Items based around special dice blocks or whose effects are determined by a dice block.

Misc
Items that don't follow the above categories.

Character Items
Items that can only be used by specific characters, so Mario has his own item that Luigi can't use, think of it as the character specific items from Mario Kart or the special dice blocks from Super Mario Party.

Items can be bought from places called "Lakitu Shops." There you can buy pre-selected items that shuffle after a few turns or buy a capsule for a random item at a cheaper price. You can have a maximum of 4 items, but more or less maximum items can be triggered in the settings.

Job 3

Minigames

1. CAPtivating Captures

Job 4

Item System

1. Toadette
2. Goomba
3. Birdo

1. Delfino
2. Koopa Shore
3. Bob-Omb Battlefield

Minigame 1: Lava Brawl
This would be similar to my favorite Mario Party minigame Fish Upon a Star, except instead of Cheep Cheeps destroying the arena, parts of the arena would slowly sink into the lava over time, and the arena starts as a circle instead of a star.

Minigame 2: Long Jump
This is inspired by a different Mario Party 5 minigame (Triple Jump), where the player needs to mash the A button while running as a way to build up speed, and then the player needs to mash the B button in the air, so they can get the farthest distance possible. The player with the farthest distance wins.

I’ll nominate Super Stars’s system for items if that’s allowed
Votes:

1. Toadette
2. Pauline
3. Goomba

1. New Donk
2. Steam Gardens
3. Bob-omb Battlefield

----------------------------

Minigame 1: Cook-King (free for all)
"You're in charge of cooking for some very important royal guests! A successful meal may lead to better relations between your kingdoms! However, it's every chef for themselves as you rush about gathering ingredients, and preparing the meal! Remember to cook it!"

• This minigame takes place in the kitchen of Princess Peach's castle. Various blue, green and yellow Toads rush backwards and forwards holding ingredients. Ingredients include mushrooms, peaches, star bits, daisies(Smash Bros. reference!), Magmatos, watermelons, bananas, garlic and fire flowers(yes Fire Flowers are apparently edible).
  • The head waiter Toad will start the game by bursting into the kitchen in a panic and starts blurting out the ingredients. The other Toads suddenly panic and rush around to grab ingredients.
  • The player must obtain the ingredients from these panicking Toads by running up to them as they run backwards and forwards and press 'A' to pick the item up, before taking it to their pot (colour co-ordinated to make it easy to tell whose pot is whose)
  • Players can steal ingredients off of one another using the A button when another player is holding the ingredient above their head.
  • Once the players have collected their three ingredients they must take their pot over and pop it on the Small Fryguy
  • Be careful not to overcook the meal! You want to take the pot off before the steam turns to smoke!
  • At the end we see the visitors; Goomboss, King Bob-Omb (should he not get in), King Boo (again, as long as he doesn't become playable), King Totomesu, Wart and Hisstocrat tucking into the meals. If the meal is satisfying they will happily scoff it down. If it's not they will look disappointed.
  • Whoever cooks the best meal wins the game!
    • However if ALL the meals are equally destroyed or no orders are complete by the end of the game, we see the king guest in question throw a fit, demolishing part of the castle. In this case no one is awarded coins.
Minigame 2: Perry-Sailing (free for all)
"
Perry has decided a life at sea is for him! Join him on the open waves as you navigate the open waters to treasure island!"
  • This minigame has everyone navigating a water obstacle course whilst floating in Perry in his Bowlbrella form.
  • The only controls are the directional sticks.
  • Hazards include whirlpools, Cheep Cheeps, Gushens and Bloopers as well as the Black Sugar Gang who will be firing upon you with their pirate ships! Avoid the cannonfire!
  • Gushens can be used to be pushed forward quickly as they'll shoot a jet stream towards the player. These can be useful for catching up if you're behind, just make sure they don't push you into a less helpful hazard!
  • Whoever makes it through the obstacle course first will make it to treasure island and win the game!
-------------------------------------------------

Item proposal: Buddy System

I'd like to propose a sort of similar item system to Super Mario Party's Ally Phone with a slight twist; All items are 'Buddy' characters.

Like a bizarre Pokemon trainer you can carry up to three buddys with you at a time, each able to do a unique action which disappear after use. Whilst we're likely to get a lot of potential buddy options as playable characters, we can always differentiate the player and the Buddy version. For example, playable Koopa Troopa: Green Shell, 'Buddy' Koopa Troopa: Red Shell.

For a quick example of some potential 'buddy' ideas to give everyone a general idea of what they'd do:
  • Chargin' Chuck: Chargin' Chuck will charge you forward twice whatever you roll, and flatten any opponent you pass, taking five coins per character from them as they go!
  • Lakitu: Lakitu will allow you to float above the hazards of the board. Red spaces won't affect you and you won't trip any event spaces. You also won't, however, earn any coins from blue spaces, making this a double edge sword. He will fish the star up for you as you pass however.
  • Little Mouser: These tiny mice will allow you to kidnap another player's buddy options should you run past them! Rob them of their buddy and replenish your own squad!
Boom-a-rang
Smooth Moves
CAPtivating Captures
What It Takes to be POPular
Lava Brawl
Long Jump
Cook-King
Perry-Sailing

Vote for your top 5 (yes 5) of this list, the top 4 will become included in the game, you may vote for your own in 3rd place and under.

Vote for your top 3 favorite item systems

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 's Item System
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Card System
Pupp135 Pupp135 's Superstar Item System
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Buddy System

You may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Toadette and Goomba are also the winners fo the character round and Isle Delfino will be our first board.

Now for something important, I want to do a new concept. With how how close K.rool was I decided to allow Bowser and Jr. in futre character jobs. That means however that Bowser time wont happen, Super Mario Party established Kamek time but he is also a popular character and should have a playble chance. Meaning someone needs to run Bowser time, and I think I found his successor.

Koopalings - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki

Koopaling Time
In Megastars the Koopalings will run Bowser time, bringing their own twist to the Bowser time formula. By landing on a Koopaling space, the classic Koopaling clown car will drop down and a roulette wheel will spin leading to the classic Bowser time options such as loosing a star, Koopaling revolution where all coins become equal, reverse minigames where losing is the goal, and a new addition called Koopaling Minigames.

In Mario Party 9 there was a category of minigames where you and a partner teamed up to defeat Bowser Jr. in a minigame with both of your mini-stars at risk. In Megastars there will be a similar category called Koopaling Minigames where each of the 7 koopalings will have their own personal minigame for you to battle them in. If you win, you and your partner will gain a large sum of coins, but if you lose, you lose coins. So this would really be a spicy addition to the minigame roster.

So we should work on developing our first Koopaling Minigame. We will start this concept with the Koopaling Minigame for the youngest of the bunch.

Larry Koopa - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

Job 5
Develop a Koopaling Minigame for Larry Koopa

The job again is to develop a minigame where you and a parthner has to fight and win against Larry Koopa. Describe what the minigame is called, where it takes place, how to play and beat Larry, and what Larry can do to beat you. It should also be encouraged to reference his battles throughout the Mario series, so here are a few videos detailing a history of all his appearances.

Now onto other stuff

Job 6
Create a board taking place in a location from or inspired by Donkey Kong Country
With this thread, I want to make it a goal to increase the scope of board and minigame inspirations by taking advantage of locations from other Mario subseries. DKC is one of the most popular of these subseries so the next job should be to develop a board inspired by a location in DKC, like the previous job, describe the basic shape and structure of the board and any notable gimmicks this board may have. If you want, you can also describe any major cameos and appearances by other Mario/DKC characters. Map jobs will be later so don't make a map.

Attachments

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Cook-ing
Long Jump
Smooth Moves
Lava Brawl
Boom-er-Rang

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Koopaling Minigame
Larry's Water Wars
This minigame takes place in a tropical ocean with sharks and other dangerous oceanic critters below. Larry is on a platform lifted by a gyser shooting magic blasts at the players. If one player is defeated by getting hit three times, then the minigames ends in a loss. One player has to operate a pump rising and lowering the platform of the other player to get a straight shot as Larry with a water pistol. The platform must be hieghtened to aim at larry and the platform must be lowered to refill on water. By hitting Larry three times he will drop below and be bitten by sharks ending the game in a win.

Board Submission
Gangplank Galleon - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

K.Rool's Shipyard
This board, instead of focusing on the jungles of DKC, instead focuses on the iconic pirate ships of DKC2. This board takes place on three ships, one battleship filled with as much explosive to harm your enemies as does they can harm yourself, one "freighter" ship where you can gamble your bananas (which replace coins) away for rare items or even red balloons (replacing stars), and one shipwreck where you can find the Boo shop, Koopaling spaces, and ghost pirates to shuffle the spaces of the other two ships. You usually go around these ships in a loop, transitioning between the three ships by walking off the plank, you can also aim at specific portions of the three ships by landing on a special Barrel Cannon space operated by K.Rool himself, (or Squaks in the chance that K.Rool becomes a playable character and he is selected). Overall, a chaotic but manageable board to select in this game.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Cook-King
2. Lava Brawl
3. Perry-Sailing
4. CAPtivating Caputres
5. What It Takes To Be POPular

My 5 favorite mini game concepts. But, good stuff from all.

1. Buddy System (Love the idea to add in as many characters as possible.)
2. Card System (Self-vote but I feel a card system should be in line for items.)
3. Glubbfubb Glubbfubb item system (It's unique and new.)

Job 5

Platform Panic

Based on some Larry Koopa boss fights, you and your partner will have to Ground Pound any two platforms in between where Larry Koopa will be standing. Hit him 3 times before 60 seconds go up, you win. Otherwise, you lose the game.

Job 6

Jungle Hijinxs

DK_Country_jungle_hijinxs.jpg

Based off of the first level of the first Donkey Kong Country, the board takes place in the Kongo Jungles. The board will have coins in the form of bananas. You will be able to have happening spaces with the animal buddies, bonus games to win items as well as the ability to collect 4 letters across the board to spell KONG to get a free golden banana which takes place of a star. The board is a pretty big board that circles around the jungle.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hey is anyone up to attending map making jobs, if so please respond to this post

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Funky's Flights

Funky Kong guards the star on this board. You are inside the plane, which is a linear path to Funky. You can't move to the roof of the plane, but you can skydive - at certain spaces you're given an option to skydive, skydiving means you miss a turn and therefore miss out on any minigames, but when you return to the map you get a lot of coins, maybe some power ups, and on rare occasions a star.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. CAPtivating
2. BOOM-a-rang
3. Smooth Moves
4. Lava Brawl
5. What it takes to be POPular

Items:
1. Cards
2. Unique (just slightly worried about balance for this one.)
3. Buddy

DK Board and Larry concepts coming later today. Out of time!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Cook-King
2. CAPtivating
3. Perry Sailing
4. Lava Brawl
5. What it takes to be POPular

1. Card System
2. Buddy System
3. Character Items

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Larry Koopa Minigame: High-Larry-ious (4 player co-op battle)
Inspiration: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Larry will start the battle minigame rather non chalantly noticing the opponent, before running away. He is chased by the players onto a tennis court. Behind the players a line of Bob-Ombs appear, as the ground rumbles and takes off! Turns out this tennis court is an aircraft! Larry wields his magic wand in one hand and a tennis racket in the other.

The goal: Knock Larry off the flying court using his own magic!
  • Players are given tennis rackets to knock the magic projectile back.
  • The magic fireball will change colour to match the player who has to hit it back.
  • Only the player who matches the fireball can knock it back
  • Players have three hearts.
  • Missing a returning shot will cause the bob-ombs to explode, taking out a heart. Characters will be comically sootied up after a heart is lost as Larry chuckles.
  • New Bob-Ombs will replace the exploded ones.
  • Keep the rally going until the fireball grows large!
  • Use the enlarged fireball to hurt Larry!
  • Three giant fireballs will knock Larry off the Tennis Court. Work together to defeat Larry!
I'll hold off on a DK map for now. DKC is probably my weakest Mario-verse knowledge.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Cook-ing
Long Jump
Smooth Moves
Lava Brawl
Boom-er-Rang

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Koopaling Minigame
Larry's Water Wars
This minigame takes place in a tropical ocean with sharks and other dangerous oceanic critters below. Larry is on a platform lifted by a gyser shooting magic blasts at the players. If one player is defeated by getting hit three times, then the minigames ends in a loss. One player has to operate a pump rising and lowering the platform of the other player to get a straight shot as Larry with a water pistol. The platform must be hieghtened to aim at larry and the platform must be lowered to refill on water. By hitting Larry three times he will drop below and be bitten by sharks ending the game in a win.

Board Submission
View attachment 354287
K.Rool's Shipyard
This board, instead of focusing on the jungles of DKC, instead focuses on the iconic pirate ships of DKC2. This board takes place on three ships, one battleship filled with as much explosive to harm your enemies as does they can harm yourself, one "freighter" ship where you can gamble your bananas (which replace coins) away for rare items or even red balloons (replacing stars), and one shipwreck where you can find the Boo shop, Koopaling spaces, and ghost pirates to shuffle the spaces of the other two ships. You usually go around these ships in a loop, transitioning between the three ships by walking off the plank, you can also aim at specific portions of the three ships by landing on a special Barrel Cannon space operated by K.Rool himself, (or Squaks in the chance that K.Rool becomes a playable character and he is selected). Overall, a chaotic but manageable board to select in this game.
1. Cook-King
2. Lava Brawl
3. Perry-Sailing
4. CAPtivating Caputres
5. What It Takes To Be POPular

My 5 favorite mini game concepts. But, good stuff from all.

1. Buddy System (Love the idea to add in as many characters as possible.)
2. Card System (Self-vote but I feel a card system should be in line for items.)
3. Glubbfubb Glubbfubb item system (It's unique and new.)

Job 5

Platform Panic

Based on some Larry Koopa boss fights, you and your partner will have to Ground Pound any two platforms in between where Larry Koopa will be standing. Hit him 3 times before 60 seconds go up, you win. Otherwise, you lose the game.

Job 6

Jungle Hijinxs

View attachment 354288

Based off of the first level of the first Donkey Kong Country, the board takes place in the Kongo Jungles. The board will have coins in the form of bananas. You will be able to have happening spaces with the animal buddies, bonus games to win items as well as the ability to collect 4 letters across the board to spell KONG to get a free golden banana which takes place of a star. The board is a pretty big board that circles around the jungle.

Funky's Flights

Funky Kong guards the star on this board. You are inside the plane, which is a linear path to Funky. You can't move to the roof of the plane, but you can skydive - at certain spaces you're given an option to skydive, skydiving means you miss a turn and therefore miss out on any minigames, but when you return to the map you get a lot of coins, maybe some power ups, and on rare occasions a star.
Larry Koopa Minigame: High-Larry-ious (4 player co-op battle)
Inspiration: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Larry will start the battle minigame rather non chalantly noticing the opponent, before running away. He is chased by the players onto a tennis court. Behind the players a line of Bob-Ombs appear, as the ground rumbles and takes off! Turns out this tennis court is an aircraft! Larry wields his magic wand in one hand and a tennis racket in the other.

The goal: Knock Larry off the flying court using his own magic!
  • Players are given tennis rackets to knock the magic projectile back.
  • The magic fireball will change colour to match the player who has to hit it back.
  • Only the player who matches the fireball can knock it back
  • Players have three hearts.
  • Missing a returning shot will cause the bob-ombs to explode, taking out a heart. Characters will be comically sootied up after a heart is lost as Larry chuckles.
  • New Bob-Ombs will replace the exploded ones.
  • Keep the rally going until the fireball grows large!
  • Use the enlarged fireball to hurt Larry!
  • Three giant fireballs will knock Larry off the Tennis Court. Work together to defeat Larry!
I'll hold off on a DK map for now. DKC is probably my weakest Mario-verse knowledge.
Cooki-ing, CAPtivating Captures and Lava Brawl win the minigame vote

Now it is time for voting on the new jobs
Koopaling Minigames
Larry's Water Wars
Larry's Platform Panic
High-Larry-ious

Boards
K.Rool's Shipyard
Jungle Hijinks
Funky's Flights

Vote for your top 2 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd place.

Now the winner of the item system is AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Card System meaning it is time to start submitting cards,

Job 3

Minigames

1. CAPtivating Captures

Job 4

Item System

Job 7
Submit a Movement and Attack Card
Submit a Movement and/or an Attack Card, including the following:

Card Image: Image that would be found on the card
Card Name: The name of the card, based on the image above
Card Type: What type of card, movement or attack
Card Effect: Based on the description of these two types of cards, describe the effects of what these cards do and what they look like doing said effects
Card Rarity: How rare are the cards, they come in Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra Rare, and Legendary
Card Entry: A humorous almanac entry on the card

Job 8
Submit a 1 Vs 3 Minigame
Submit a 1 Vs 3 minigame, describe the name of the minigame (include a pun), where it takes place, how does it play, and what are the goals of the single player and player trio and how they can beat each other.

Also be on the lookout for a job involving the making of the map for Isle Delfino, I just need to work on the rules as its a complicated one.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Numerical fraction 1/2 | ClipArt ETC

1/2 Off
Movement Card
Halves the number of spaces of the next dice block hit, rounds down if the dice block result is odd.
Common
Sadly 1/2 of these cards had to be recalled for saying 2/1.

Junior Clown Car - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

Jr. Clown Card
Attack Card
Transports the target to the nearest Koopaling Space via the titular clown car.
Rare
Bowser Jr will be mad when he hears that his car was pressed in a collectible card.

1 Vs 3 Minigame
Muddy March
Taking place in a location resembling Bianco Hills from Sunshine, the player trio is covered in mud and has to mess up a series of buildings with their muddy coverings. The solo player has a FLUDD to clean the other three players and the mud they create. By cleaning the three players the solo player wins but by surviving the trio wins. The trio can also create slowing mud by walking around requiring the solo player to clean as well.

Okay, I have my map job ready.

Job 9
Design a map for Isle Delfino
So the thing with Mario Party is that how the minigames are selected is determined by what colored space you land on, there are blue, red, green, and special spaces. Blue and red labeled players are then pitted against each other in a minigame. Green labeled players are randomly selected to be red or blue. Special spaces will do the same but they aren't green and are usually exclusive to certain boards.

Here is the list of spaces I have
Blue Spaces
Blue SpaceYou get 10 coins when landing on this space.
Dash SpaceYou get to roll the dice and move forward when landing on this space.
Lucky SpaceA good event will happen to the person who landed on this space.
Minigame SpaceYou get to play a 1-Player Minigame.
Toad SpaceYou gain a random card from a shuffled pile of cards in a Toad House.
Blue Pipe SpaceWarp to the other Blue Pipe Space
Trade SpaceConvert a amount of coins into random cards or Visa versa.
Red Spaces
Red SpaceYou lose 10 coins when landing on this space
Reverse SpaceYou get to roll the dice and move backwards when landing on this space.
Unlucky SpaceA bad event will happen to the person who landed on this space.
Koopaling SpaceTriggers Koopaling Time
Shy Guy SpaceBet a certain number of coins in a game of chance via a Shy Guy Casino.
Red Pipe SpaceWarp to the other Red Pipe Space
Duel SpaceEither lose or gain large coinage by playing Hammer Bro ran versions of existing minigames.
Green Spaces
Chance SpacePlay chance time and have you and another player trade items, coins, and stars.
Spin SpaceRoll a roulette to gain one of several items, including cards, coins, and stars.
Happening SpaceA event will happen on the board, it will either be good or bad depending on the location of the space.
Koopa Troopa SpaceGain a random amount of coins from a roulette in the form of a mechanical shell.
Warp SpaceSwap locations with a player selected by random.
Swap SpaceSwap cards or coins with a selected by random via a roulette.
Green Pipe SpaceWarp to the other Green Pipe Space

Using the above list of spaces, create a map for Isle Delfino, be as close as possible to the original description of the board. Label the spaces you placed on the board and describe what the individual Happening, Lucky, and Unlucky spaces do. Make sure you also don't place more than 2 of each colored pipe spaces. If you make an original space please describe what it does. Again, try to be somewhat close as you can to the original board description.

Job 1:

E. Gadd

View attachment 354182

View attachment 354185

View attachment 354186

Features:

Attachments

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll just do the minigame nomination.

Don’t Color Me Bad

In this minigame, the team of three players tries to splatter paint onto the other player (each player on the team splatters one of the traditional primary colors). The map would be something like the Mario Chase from Nintendo land. The lone player must run from the other players, and they lose once they are hit from paint by all of the other players. The game would be about 30 seconds,

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Koopaling Minigames:

1. Larry's Water Wars
2. Larry's Platform Panic

My favorite ideas, don't have much to say about them.

The DK Board:
1. Funky's Flights (We do not have much plane themed boards in the Mario Party series and I love the idea of skydiving making you miss a turn but it benefits you.)
2. K. Rool's Shipyard (I always wanted a board based off of Gangplank Galleon, not gonna lie.)

Job 7

Movement Card

Mushroom Card

22-227710_mario-mushroom-super-mario-mushroom-2d-hd-png.png.jpeg

Adds 5 spaces to the player's roll
Common
A powerful item that allows players to move 5 spaces more!

Attack Card

Lightning Card
1200px-LightningBoltMK8.png

Able to zap an opponent for them to lose half of their coins.
Uncommon
Zap! Watch out for the lightning, it will take half of your coins in a flash!

Job 8

1 v 3 miningame

Chasing By The Hare

Based on Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy where you had to chase a rabbit at some point, the solo player gains the rabbit's point of view. This will take place in an area based on Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64. The team has to try to chase you down within 45 seconds. If the team catches the solo player, the team wins. If the solo player does not get caught, the solo player wins.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Time for voting
Dont Color Me Bad
Chasing By The Hare
Muddy March

Vote for your top 2, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

All card submissions will be taken in

Map submissions are still open

Larry's Water Wars won the koopaling minigame
Funky's Flights won the next board

Now onto the next jobs
Job 9
Submit a Trap and Defense Card
Submit a Trap and/or a Defense Card, including the following:

Card Image: Image that would be found on the card
Card Name: The name of the card, based on the image above
Card Type: What type of card, movement or attack
Card Effect: Based on the description of these two types of cards, describe the effects of what these cards do and what they look like doing said effects
Card Rarity: How rare are the cards, they come in Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra Rare, and Legendary
Card Entry: A humorous almanac entry on the card

Job 3

Minigames

1. CAPtivating Captures

Job 4

Item System

Job 10
Submit an alternate game mode
Submit an alternate mode where players play minigames in a different format, describe the rules, how are minigames involved, and how to win the mode.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Muddy March
2. Chasing By The Hare

They are all creative 1 vs 3 Minigame concepts in my opinion so well done everyone.

Job 9

Trap Card

Thwomp Card

images.jpeg

Able to make person who lands on space with Thwomp trap lose all their cards.
Uncommon
Squash! Thwomp is here to squash you and you'll lose all your cards so watch out!

Defense Card

Spiny Hat Card

31634.png

If a player were to land on a space with a Thwomp Card placed on it, the player will shoo off the Thwomp by putting on the Spiny Hat. Thus, making the Thwomp ineffective and the player will get to keep all their cards.
Rare
The Spiny Hat protects you from Thwomp. After all, the shell has super pointy spikes!

Job 10

Home Makeover Madness

Inspired by multiple Nintendo games as well as alternate modes in other games, this Minigame mode will give players the chance to design a room to the best of their ability by playing Minigames.

Players will play 10 Minigames of all different kinds from free for alls, 1 v 3s, etc. Whenever a player(s) wins a Minigame, they win a special room piece to put in their room. Occasionally, a Koopaling will show up and challenge players to a Koopaling Minigame. If the players win, they get a special furniture/room piece. If they lose, they lose the best/biggest piece they own.

At the end of the 10 Minigames, the rooms are scored by "Room judges" (who are other Toads) and the person with the highest score based on their room design wins the overall game!

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Chasing by the Hare
Muddy March

Job 10 Swinging my Way to the Top
In this mode, the players would initially play FFA minigames, and this would take place in a baseball field. Whenever a player gets last, they receive a strike. Once the player receives three strikes, they are hit by a giant baseball bat eliminated. The last place player would be replaced with a CPU, and for the final 2, duel minigames are played until only one player is left.

Top Bottom