• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario or Luigi you vote

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
You must be kidin me, without Mario there woudln't be a Luigi. I mean he's cool and everything but he's no where close to Mario's SPEACIAL GREATNESS.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I like both Mario and Luigi...you can like both right?

*Mario has been in more games than Luigi*

???????

Smash Journeyman
I like Mario more than Luigi in Brawl, but as characters in their series I like them equally.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
NOOO!!!!! I was afraid a thread like this would eventually pop up. Awww man, the world ends today because of this thread, man. This isn't good....

Soon this thread will be filled with Luigi fans hating on mario because of the noobular fact that luigi's super jump punch has a super hit when sweet spotted...
Let the character bashing begin...:(

Trapt497

Smash Ace
NOOO!!!!! I was afraid a thread like this would eventually pop up. Awww man, the world ends today because of this thread, man. This isn't good....

Soon this thread will be filled with Luigi fans hating on mario because of the noobular fact that luigi's super jump punch has a super hit when sweet spotted...
Let the character bashing begin...:(
^^This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. There is no **** character bashing here. God.

I vote Luigi. I second him in brawl and mained him in melee. He is that awesome =p.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
^^This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. There is no **** character bashing here. God.

I vote Luigi. I second him in brawl and mained him in melee. He is that awesome =p.
You called (my brawl name is GOD so only those who play me and my freinds should understand) and I am still all fo rmario

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman

Trapt497 have you ever heard of sarcasm? Do you really take me on as being a idiot?

Dude, I mean seriously bro, FORREAL, relax man no big deal. Don't become all tyranical, monkey ape on me for a simple post. I just meant that I was expect bashing in the future man. RELAX BRO!!!! Eat your cookies with milk or something, control your turrets or your anger problems, rub your earlobes and chill, just relax everythings going to be okay, alright? So just be cool...:urg:

Anyways, if anything,

From the Mario series I'll go with mario, it used to be the other way around until Luigi's personallity actually became defined (started with Paper mario 1, to Luigi's mansion, then Mario and Luigi Superstar saga that actual made his persona a default). Mario was always the cool and relax bro who was always eager to do something to make others happy, while Luigi's been the cowardly bro (which from that his humor factor rises), who does things only if there is no other choice or if he can't really avoid it.

As a matter of fact, Mario and Luigi SSS was the actual game to explain why luigi doesn't really go on adventures with mario anymore as much as he used to in the past which pretty much made me switch to mario. When Toad asked Luigi if he wanted to leave with mario to find peach's voice with the help from the reluctant bowser, luigi quickly changes the subject and explains that he just wanted to see mario off so that he can avoid going with him. Then when bowser mistakes luigi for a koopa (funny how bowser barely remembers luigi) and places him on board his ship, luigi mopes in the corner the remainder of the time while mario actually looks annoyed at his brother for acting that way. In general, although the whole scene was created for the humor of it, it was pretty messed up for luigi to be reluctant to join his bro when he could've done so, the whole entire time he was with mario was based on the fact that he wasn't suposed to join him in the first place if it wasn't for bowser's mistake. From that point on, mario just seemed cooler....

As far as smash goes, mario to me suits my playing style more for the fact that he's more versatile in various situations when you compare him to luigi. Both characters match up differently against different character, and from that, mario does a lot better against characters who seem to be high tier material in the smash universe. Well, at least this is what I feel about mario in smash, so because of that, I prefer smash mario.

In addition, I think mario matches up against luigi pretty well, ESPECIALLY in brawl, not to mention mario seems more stylish in brawl compared to luigi's in general and humorous nose picking habit...:chuckle:

Don't get me wrong though, I love both of the bros, especially since luigi usually makes me chuckle, I just like mario more because he's just cooler.

Lastly, Alvin from newgrounds flash series, Super Mario Bros Z, does a great job depicting the story of the mario series and their characters (as well as merging Sonics world extremely well accurately within the story of this flash series thanks to the dimensional tearing and power enhancing chaos emeralds).

I suggest checking it out if your a mario fan, sonic fan, or dbz fan (battle wise)...

Here's a link to episode 1 if anyones interested..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MpdxkdnV1A

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I like Mario better in brawl. Luigi is too floaty and his traction is horrible. He slides all over the place. Plus, as it has been stated, Mario has so many options for edge guarding. So yea, Mario.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
I think Luigi is slightly better than Mario. Everyone is talking about Luigi's floatiness like it's a bad thing. Luigi is a master in the air. All of his air moves are amazing. His floatiness gives him maximum manueverability in the air, and his prioity is very high.

Too bad they didn't get D. Mario, he was my favorite...

SignificantGreen

Smash Rookie
Luigi, his recovery, approach and air superiority out match marios speed and edgeguarding capabilities.
Mario is pretty awesome , but luigi has him beat in brawl. Also nice to see the green guy rise to the plinth
luigi ftw

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Luigi, his recovery, approach and air superiority out match marios speed and edgeguarding capabilities.
Mario is pretty awesome , but luigi has him beat in brawl. Also nice to see the green guy rise to the plinth
luigi ftw
I beg to differ on this remark. Luigi's approach isn't really that great, and his arial superiority doesn't make him pawn over mario in any way I can think of at the moment. I mean even if you were to compare luigi trying to recover in a match against mario; If luigi were to approach the ledge for a sweetspot, mario users will have him beat with either a meteor, fireball spam (which are better than luigi's), or cape. Smarter Mario mainers can also negate his approach with fludd and throw in a quick smash. Lastly, none of luigi's arials as an approach can out prioritize a well timed fsmash, which isn't really hard to do.

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
I like Mario better than Luigi because Luigi is too much of a wuss. It turns out that he is stronger because his aerials do more damage and knockback >_>

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
In the actual series yeah Mario definitely wins, but as far as Brawl goes they are pretty even in my opinion. Mario is better on the ground, Luigi is better in the air, they both have good approaches and edgeguarding. Mario has a better edgeguard though and Luigi has better recovery. So they are quite even in battle skills.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
In the actual series yeah Mario definitely wins, but as far as Brawl goes they are pretty even in my opinion. Mario is better on the ground, Luigi is better in the air, they both have good approaches and edgeguarding. Mario has a better edgeguard though and Luigi has better recovery. So they are quite even in battle skills.

Yeah,and not to forget that once you hit Luigi(shielding even),the game turns into NHL 2k9 on him which can prove to be his downfalut thanks to Mario's cape/F.L.U.D.D. futhering his traction troubles to begin with.Thats probably why the devs overall made Luigi a harder hitting character balancing that talent. :)

Top Bottom