• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario MU

Firebolt

Smash Rookie
So I just got done getting my butt kicked by a Mario player. He was real good I just wasn't sure what I should be doing. Firballs make every thing difficult and it didn't feel like I could ever get a good combo. As well as him living to 150+ every stock. Halp plz.

Misuse

Smash Cadet
Do you have a video of your play? easier to know what level you're at and what you can do if we can see it.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Learn to power shield or deal with fireballs in some manner. Also, don't attempt to approach until a down smash comes out. Mario can essentially crouch cancel into down smash on pretty much anything for free. Keep running away until they down smash, then punish.

Gooch

Smash Cadet
One thing i found that stops mario from cc'ing a lot earlier is to combo into dTilt's. It still pops people up, and if hes not high enough to do it, I'm trying to make a habit of reacting with a Doubleteam -> reverseFsmash.

Not the best with frame data, so im not sure if that works out at a frame perfect level, but it works at lower to mid levels.

Top Bottom