• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Movie Trailer premiere on October 6th, 2022

nycc-sb.jpg

Wonder when we'll get a first look at the Mario Movie? New York Comic Con has given our answer: October 6th at 4 PM EST. No other details were given beyond the announcement. Fans of Mario might finally be able to hear what Chris Pratt's Mario and Charlie Day's Luigi sounds like.

The Mario Movie releases on April 7th, 2023. The casting was revealed in Nintendo's September 2021 direct. We'll keep posted when the Trailer is out.

Author's Note: Wow. That feels soon. Looking forward to it as I'm sure it'll be interesting. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Since they only said teaser and even the poster for the movie is the most vague thing ever I'm expecting the teaser to show Marios new look in an empty background and maybe he says one line and thats it

The Toads are going to act like minions, aren't they?
To be fair that can work after all they already act pretty Miniony or to be more specific Minions act Toady!
To be fair Illumination made 1 Good Movie (The first Despicable Me) So Heck maybe if they give their A Game + Miyamoto kicking them in the butt that COULD work out well for everyone that isnt well JOJONumber691 I mean for all we know Illumination could be diung Animation and voices only with miyamoto doing thje story!

oh wow i just realized this will be right before my dnd game with my friends starts, that'll be a fun watch party

I still can’t take it seriously with the idea of chris pratt being mario. even if its a good performance i still the think the actor choice is hilarious. i will never be ready to hear what it sounds like because i simply cannot fathom it

To be fair that can work after all they already act pretty Miniony or to be more specific Minions act Toady!
To be fair Illumination made 1 Good Movie (The first Despicable Me) So Heck maybe if they give their A Game + Miyamoto kicking them in the butt that COULD work out well for everyone that isnt well JOJONumber691 I mean for all we know Illumination could be diung Animation and voices only with miyamoto doing thje story!
1 good movie? What about Sing?

Last edited:
So ive just watched the Trailer and i have to agree Bowser sounds good and Mario Doesnt! Although again im german so it probably wont matter for me!
The Jokes were Fine although i think toad will be grating in the full movie! The Visuals are expectivly great and mario looks fine altho im saddend by his Moustache! its missing its iconic form! Also funny how Chris admited that everyone is more hyped for Black then for him!

This trailer was SOLID. Amazing animation (not that Illumination's ever struggled with that), great voice work (Keegan did the impossible and made Toad's voice not annoying), a pretty funny payoff with the penguin reveal... Yeah, I think this is gonna be a great movie!

My only real problem right now is Mario's design - The moustache is too small (everything else about him is pretty kino, though)

Very hyped about the Mario movie! Can’t wait to see it. Hope the rest of the movie is as good as the teaser trailer.

So ive just watched the Trailer and i have to agree Bowser sounds good and Mario Doesnt! Although again im german so it probably wont matter for me!
The Jokes were Fine although i think toad will be grating in the full movie! The Visuals are expectivly great and mario looks fine altho im saddend by his Moustache! its missing its iconic form! Also funny how Chris admited that everyone is more hyped for Black then for him!
Would there not be controversy over anyone other than Charles playing Mario? Also, imagine doing the Mario voice for a feature length movie. Now imagine listening to it for a feature length movie.

Top Bottom