• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Kart vs Crash Kart which series is better?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
As a person who played both kart game series since the GBA versions I would say by far Crash Kart has been progressing the most compared to Mario Kart.

For example is in Crash Kart games they push so much contents that Mario Kart still lacks stories and challenges to unlock many things but Crash Kart offers so much characters and customization to use especially with the most recent Crash Kart game it’s hard to disappoint Crash fans due to the amount of contents including the obscure ones.

Meanwhile in Mario Kart it has not expanded that much but the DS version had something that made wish that future Mario Kart will have it such as the challenges and boss battles and even creating emblems and sadly the roster is still lacking much in the most recent Mario Kart game and it doesn’t manages to explore a bit more on the obscure ones such as the Mario RPGs and Wario series and still no story yet.
However this is all just my opinion.

What do you think?
discuss which series has done a better job in a kart racing game?

Last edited:
I believe that Mario Kart is better, since it sold more than Crash Kart.
First, Mario Kart sells more copies than Crash Kart, because Mario Kart has simple and sweet gameplay, like the underwater, gliding or anti-gravity track mechanics make it more unique comparing to other racing games.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Depends on your priorities really - if you like digging deep into a game and learning the ins and outs of the mechanics and tracks, Crash is better by a landslide. If you just want to throw items with friends and see some flashy spectacles on the course, Mario takes the crown.

CTR:NF has more content than MK8D (at least post-GP and pre-BCP), but the races themselves don't have as much variety as MK8D with no anti-grav (despite Nitro Kart having it); water; or sky equivalents. Roster is probably subjective - Mario characters lean more cute while Crash characters lean more grotestque - but there aren't many duplicates in NF; it's filled with super deep cuts; and characters are purely cosmetic (so you can choose your favourites); so objectively I think Crash takes it, but I could be biased there.

MK8D has a much bigger and more unique item lineup, but also not as balanced as CTR's small few items.

CTR has much more customisation options (paint, stickers, costumes, e.t.c.', but I don't think the CTR karts are visually as appealing as the Mario Kart karts and bikes - though I do think CTR has better wheels.

CTR has F2P-esque monitization - it is purely cosmetic and all content (sans a few long-defunct brand and charity tie-ins) can be gained for free, but it is still there. The shop rotation can make it hard to get what you want. If you're a responsible player you will spend less on CTR DLC content than on MK8D DLC content, and while the game isn't particularly naggy about the F2P (it's a bit of a "you only find it if you look for it" thing) I can imagine it being a problem for some people.

CTR has unlockable characters, MK8D does not. I'll let you decide if that's good or bad

Last edited:
Top Bottom