• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job 16

King Bob-Omb

King Bob-Omb joining the roster was the only reason I downloaded Mario Kart Tour in the middle of last year. He should return with his normal voice instead of whatever was in MKT.

New Track: Bob-Omb Battlefield

This track will play very similarly to this track in Mario Kart DS Deluxe and the track at 3:18 in Mario Kart Wii, both of which are obviously mods. You start off in the front of Peach's castle, go through a painting, and make your way up the hill where you'll jump off a glider ramp to the start of the level and loop from there. Right before the finish line, there's a cliff with four pegs on it. While flying down, you can go to that area and get an item box. You can trick off of a small ramp to get down and complete the lap or race.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 16: Pauline

Track: Construction Zone

A course themed after New Donk City, the arcade Donkey Kong game, and construction sites. We've talked about tracks that slowly fall apart while they're raced on, but how about a track that starts off barren but puts itself together itself over the course of a race?

The story behind this course is basically a typical downtown city expansion project. The course starts off barebones, with girders, scaffolding, and dirt making up most of the drivable terrain. Cranes, Excavators, and Wrecking Balls serve as obstacles.

As you race through the course, more elements get added in over time by New Donkers working on the site. Trick ramps start to show up, roads start getting paved, and the course slowly transforms into what looks like a new section of New Donk City over the course of all three laps. A glide ramp is placed at the final stretch in Lap 3 just before the finish line.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 16

Funky

Track: Funky's Flight Control

This Track would be 3 segments instead of 3 laps.

The track starts in an airport in the middle of a jungle, you drive through the lobby and and baggage areas until you get to the Tarmac where you drive up a large Flight Control Tower

You end up getting on top of a Plane where you fly high into the sky where you enter a large fleet of planes, this segment involves hopping on top of several different planes. This part would have you in the glider formation for most of it

You fall from the planes where you end up in a tropical resort fit for a bodacious bro and you drive through it.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 16

Funky

The track starts in an airport in the middle of a jungle, you drive through the lobby and and baggage areas until you get to the Tarmac where you drive up a large Flight Control Tower

You end up getting on top of a Plane where you fly high into the sky where you enter a large fleet of planes, this segment involves hopping on top of several different planes. This part would have you in the glider formation for most of it

You fall from the planes where you end up in a tropical resort fit for a bodacious bro and you drive through it.

This is infinitely better than my Funky course concept.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 16

Funky

I like this a lot! I'm also imagining a segment in the airport where you drive through the baggage conveyor belts, kind of like that one segment from Toy Story 2, If that's what you meant by baggage area.

Even if my interpretation of your statement is wrong, this is still a sick course to see.

This job honestly has a lot of winners lol. I'm loving all of these creative course concepts.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I like this a lot! I'm also imagining a segment in the airport where you drive through the baggage conveyor belts, kind of like that one segment from Toy Story 2, If that's what you meant by baggage area.

Even if my interpretation of your statement is wrong, this is still a sick course to see.

This job honestly has a lot of winners lol. I'm loving all of these creative course concepts.
That is exactly what I was thinking of And that was the exact inspiration.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
400px-WLSSyrup.png

Captain Syrup's Pirate Paradise

The racers start at the a piratey port such as below:

aec44d5ee94cc13be69e66c230b984ee.jpg

When Lakitu waves the flag they'll zoom down the walkway, up the gangplank and onto Syrup's Pirate Ship the S.S. Teacup, which will set sail.

SSTeaCupWL.png

The first lap will be completed upon doing a full lap of the main deck, avoiding the Black Sugar Gang swabbies scrubbing the deck and the racers will be guided down below to where the cannons are.

Much like DK Mountain there is one large cannon which racers can drive into to blast into the next part of the race, a lap around the enemies ship...which just so happens to be the Snowmad's viking long boat from Tropical Freeze.

Upon doing the lap you'll enter their cannon and be blasted back onto the S.S. Teacup.

When the last player makes it onto the S.S. Teacup, the Snowmads ship departs and we go into the third lap, which consists of the S.S. Teacup landing ashore, driving down the gangplank, across the sandy shores and into a jungle area.

The final goal will be seen ahead and the first to cross the finish line opens up the treasure chest at the end, showering them with gold coins.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 16 results

King Boo & Ectoplasmalot GolisoPower GolisoPower 2
Vivian & Ghost Valley X Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 1
Plessie & Lapcat Cove ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 3
Lakitu & Lakitu News Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 6
King Bob-omb & Bob-omb Battlefield Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 6
Pauline & Construction Zone Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 3
Funky & Funky's Flight Control cashregister9 cashregister9 10
Captain Syrup @ Captain Syrup's Pirate Paradise YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 5

Funky Kong has been added to the roster and Funky's Flight Control is added as a track

So with this track the first cup is complete.

Job #17
Submit a special item.

It can be for any character except for
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Nabbit
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wart
Birdo
Toad
Rosalina
Wario

Also Kart submissions are open.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 16 results

King Boo & Ectoplasmalot GolisoPower GolisoPower 2
Vivian & Ghost Valley X Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 1
Plessie & Lapcat Cove ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 3
Lakitu & Lakitu News Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 6
King Bob-omb & Bob-omb Battlefield Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 6
Pauline & Construction Zone Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 3
Funky & Funky's Flight Control cashregister9 cashregister9 10
Captain Syrup @ Captain Syrup's Pirate Paradise YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 5

Funky Kong has been added to the roster and Funky's Flight Control is added as a track

So with this track the first cup is complete.

Job #17
Submit a special item.

It can be for any character except for
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Nabbit
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wart
Birdo
Toad
Rosalina
Wario

Also Kart submissions are open.
Hub I was a little disappointed because I thought we were doing traditional voting (too gets 3 mid gets 2 a bottomed gets 1) in okay with the results though

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 17:
1619201493477.png

Poltergust MR-E-O KRT (Luigi/Gooigi)

A specially-crafted version of the Poltergeist made for drive-by sucking, the Poltergust MR-E-O KRT (Pronounced Mario Kart) is Luigi and Gooigi's Special item. While this item is active, you can press the item button to suck up items and intercept them in the direction of the joystick, but only one item can be sucked up at a time as opposed to Nabbit's Sack. Conversely, you can use the drift button to make the Poltergust blow items such as Green Shells and Banana Peels away from you, clearing up your path and leaving others to suffer. You can even suck in or blow away other cart racers in your radius, diverting their course in the process. This does, however, sacrifice your ability to drift for the duration in which this item is active.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #17
Toadies (Kamek)

Toadies target the first place racer and lift them for a very short amount of time. Basically a weaker version of the blue shell that doesn't steal coins, is easier to outrun, and causes less delay. One advantage they have over blue shells is that they cannot be super horned.

Paint Mouse (one-wheeled, with the wheel where the ball would be on the mouse. Square thing is where the character sits. The mouse is coloured in different paint and creates paint trails)

Speed: 5
Acceleration: 1
Weight: 2
Accelemation (basically a wheeled zoetrope with a seat. It spins, though the racer isn't effected by this. The animation is on the outside since it'd barely be visible from the inside and depects Mario running)

Speed: 4
Acceleration: 2
Weight: 1
Equine Vintage (Bike resembling a rocking horse. The horse is animated rocking. Has wheels obviously.)

Speed: 1
Acceleration: 5
Weight: 5

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hub I was a little disappointed because I thought we were doing traditional voting (too gets 3 mid gets 2 a bottomed gets 1) in okay with the results though
Yeah I thought this was what was going on as well lol

I'll read more carefully next time. But hey, Funky is based! Just make sure to resubmit Lakitu News at a later job, I really liked it.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yeah I thought this was what was going on as well lol

I'll read more carefully next time. But hey, Funky is based! Just make sure to resubmit Lakitu News at a later job, I really liked it.
Yeah funky is more popular as a racer you cant compete with New Funky Mode

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Funky is like the unofficial mascot of Mario Kart lol
kind of like how Fox is the unofficial mascot of Melee
People went ready for cool shades lakitu I guess, I'm just waiting for the guest cups because i have a special idea

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Funky kong
Surf Bourd (New Funky Mode)
A surfboard gets created under the car's wheels and makes running on sand and mud equal traction to normal terrain

It's nothing special but I think it would be hilarious for a surfboard to be ridden by a car

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1619402713439.png
Toolworks Timer (The machine on this box art, in case you haven't figured it out.)

Speed: 3
Acceleration:2
Weight: 4
1619402813629.png
Shroob Invader

Speed: 5
Acceleration: 2
Weight: 1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
WAIT QUICK CORRECTION:

The vote has been changed, Vote for your top 2 instead and the voting is no longer ranked, you can still vote for your own.

Top Bottom