• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't see how Mii Heads conflict with the costume mechanic. I stated that any costume can be given a Mii head just by pressing the R button once a costume is chosen, meaning Miis don't show up in the costume list.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
cashregister9 cashregister9 I think you forgot to add my submission?
Oh shoot I did. Sorry about that, Voting will restart real quick.

I don't see how Mii Heads conflict with the costume mechanic. I stated that any costume can be given a Mii head just by pressing the R button once a costume is chosen, meaning Miis don't show up in the costume list.
We already have the Mii's as a character and I feel like adding the Mii heads as a headpiece would work better. That is just a personal thing, and my opinions should not really get in the way so I will add it for the redo.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 14 Results

Mii Heads Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Paint Jobs GolisoPower GolisoPower 4
Dioramas Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 2
Paper Mario Kart @YoshiandToad 2
Driver bios Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 7
Hood Ornaments cashregister9 cashregister9 0
Driver's License ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 0
Paint Jobs and Driver bios will be added to the game

---------
Job 15
Add a costume for any character on the roster.

You can see what costumes we have on the front page, a costume can be a head piece and/or a body piece. The job works the same way it did last time, if 2 people submit 2 different costumes for the same character we will vote on which one will get in, otherwise it's free game. you can submit cosmetics that apply to all characters.

Job 15.5
Should we add the koopalings? if yes how so?
A) Each one should be unique like MK8
B) They should be a costume for Bowser Jr.
C) 1 character but upon selection you can select which one you want.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job 15: Custom Color Palettes

repost because this didn't qualify for last job

This would be something that you can unlock after playing through the first 4 cups (Mushroom, Flower, Star, Special). The palettes range in complexity, with, as of writing, Gooigi with one color and Bowser with many.

I've thought of many things that can come out of this: Grand Dad, Sponge, hairless DK and DDK, and Mario with no clothes just to name a few.

Nintendo has taken bigger risks such as Stage Builder in Smash, so I don't see how this would be any worse. The only thing that I dread are children's weird colors. Speaking of that, you have the option to turn off others' custom colors on your side.

Job 15.5: C

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 15:
1618855127312.png

Captain Toad:
Captain Toad has been extremely popular enough to be in his own game of all things, really taking off since his first appearance in Mario Galaxy. Having Captain Toad as a costume for the Toad we have right now might seem a little iffy on surface level, considering he's playable in Mario Kart Tour, but he's just that unique blend of "costume" and "distinct" that makes him popular enough to appear in the franchise as is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 15: Custom Color Palettes

repost because this didn't qualify for last job

This would be something that you can unlock after playing through the first 4 cups (Mushroom, Flower, Star, Special). The palettes range in complexity, with, as of writing, Gooigi with one color and Bowser with many.

I've thought of many things that can come out of this: Grand Dad, Sponge, hairless DK and DDK, and Mario with no clothes just to name a few.

Nintendo has taken bigger risks such as Stage Builder in Smash, so I don't see how this would be any worse. The only thing that I dread are children's weird colors. Speaking of that, you have the option to turn off others' custom colors on your side.

Outside of naked skins (which would easily be avoided just by not having apricot be an option) I think the only character you could possibly make inappropriate with recolours is Gooigi (semen, blood, piss) - but even then any kid who comes across those colours would likely just think mayo, ketchup, and mustard. I think it's worth the (very small) risk.

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Outside of naked skins (which would easily be avoided just by not having apricot be an option) I think the only character you could possibly make inappropriate with recolours is Gooigi (semen, blood, piss) - but even then any kid who comes across those colours would likely just think mayo, ketchup, and mustard. I think it's worth the (very small) risk.
I included white Gooigi in the original post, but I wanted to be more family friendly with the repost just because I felt like it. I didn't even think of red or yellow. I'm sure it's worth the risk, though, as many color combinations would be pretty neat: Jumpman, Dark Bowser, Black Hole Cosmic Rosalina, and maybe even a Black Mage palette for Kamek.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New Costumes

Custom Color Palettes is a new mechanic Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace
Tycoon Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Captain Toad GolisoPower GolisoPower
Yoshi's Colors Gorgonzales Gorgonzales

And the Koopalings have been added to the game and it's version they are 1 character but upon selection you can select which one you want.

Job #16

Submit a character and then submit a track based on that character.

It can be either a new character or a veteran. the track can even be an old one if it fits.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
King Boo:
1618956560100.png

There was much rejoicing with the return of this ghostly, regal chap in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I believe he should be the one to make a fantastic return once more!

King Boo's Track:
1618956798343.png
1618956843859.png

(Reference images above)

Ectoplasmalot:
An old hybrid between an abandoned village and a graveyard, with a large mausoleum serving as the "castle". 3/4 of the layout takes place in the village itself whereas the remaining quarter takes place in the castle-mausoleum. There is a sense of verticality to this, as by driving into some gravestones in the road, you can descend underground and continue the racing in an underground copy of the above-ground track. In the sides of the track, undead enemies such as Dry Bones, Ghosts, and of course Boos spectate the match, with a majority of the ghosts wearing medieval-era clothing, including some in suits of armor. If King Boo himself isn't racing, you can see him floating above the track, spectating the race and reacting based on what happens. He'll revel in schadenfreude when a racer gets hit with an item, shake in excitement when the final lap is initiated, and even fly down to applaud the winner.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So I'm assuming that the vote for this one is both the character and the track as a package deal?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 16

Character: Vivian

Course: Ghost Valley X

All 3 Ghost Valleys from Super Mario Kart have been merged into one! Every time you pass a lap you're teleported to the next ghost valley - items can also be teleported upon passing a goal so you're never safe from the blue shell!

To fit a friendly spirit(? is she a ghost?) like Vivian the course is now a little more friendly, being changed from a strangle black void to resemble a Victorian British town - but with a twist, the stage begins off as spooky as usual, before subtly becoming more welcoming and soft every lap (then looping back to square one if there's more than 3 laps) - images for reference:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Can the next character vote be a guest character with a guest cup like the crossing cup

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 16

Plessie
1618958334326.png

Plessie was given a lot of spotlight in her appearance in Bowser's Fury as your closest companion besides Bowser Jr. and I dig it. I feel like that love will not stop there, and Mario Kart is the perfect place to follow up on that.

Track:
Lapcat Cove

Following up on the Bowser's Fury spotlight thing, we are very likely due for content based around the game in the next entry. This will be our mandatory beach track of the game, as racers drive across the sand and through the shallow waters (Just watch out for the black ink that will slow you down) while being bathed in the shining sun and enjoying the funky jazz music. Witness the the might of the Giga Bell as you drive around it, and run free like the felines that inhabit Fur Step Island. And don't forget to pay a visit to the lighthouses for an impressive view of the- WAIT WHAT'S THAT?!

Nearing half-way through lap 2, rain will begin the pour and the sky will slowly darken as you get closer to lap 3. On the last stretch to lap 3, you will notice the large black figure in the background rise from the lake and take the form of Fury Bowser, looming menacingly upon the racetrack. The jazzy music will be no more, and replaced with an intense metal cover of the theme for the final lap. Fury Bowser will always target ahead of whoever is in first place, reigning terror on the track with his powerful kaiju beam fire breath, which will destroy the mountain formations and change the layout of the track, creating new shortcuts and alternate paths. Spikes from his shell will also rain on the course and block the way of incoming racers, making navigation trickier, so watch yourself.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Lakitu
Lakitu returns as a lightweight characters, and has a red shell and cool shades to differentiate itself from the normal ones

New Course Lakitu News

Have you ever wanted to go to the news stations where Mario Kart 8 was filmed at, well how you can in this new cast course

As you go though the course the lakitu news people film the one in the lead and is played on all the televisions around the course.

Their is three newscasts, sports, weather and stonks

Sports has you dodge giant footballs in a neon stadium while lakitu paparazzi try to annoy you with their interviews

Weather is an underwater segment where the wind vents can be used to get to higher areas all the while ice platforms begins to shift from the changing temperatures in the cast

Finnaly Stonks has the races use zero g as they ride up the rising and falling arrow platforms collecting loads of coins

Their are also continuity nodes like in the stonks "having a big spike in 2013 (nsmb2) "and "rubies prices have rised, little girl became billionaire", "yoshi has been acquired of tax fraud"

Anyway I just think it a funny idea, don't you

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Lakitu
Lakitu returns as a lightweight characters, and has a red shell and cool shades to differentiate itself from the normal ones

New Course Lakitu News

Have you ever wanted to go to the news stations where Mario Kart 8 was filmed at, well how you can in this new cast course

As you go though the course the lakitu news people film the one in the lead and is played on all the televisions around the course.

Their is three newscasts, sports, weather and stonks

Sports has you dodge giant footballs in a neon stadium while lakitu paparazzi try to annoy you with their interviews

Weather is an underwater segment where the wind vents can be used to get to higher areas all the while ice platforms begins to shift from the changing temperatures in the cast

Finnaly Stonks has the races use zero g as they ride up the rising and falling arrow platforms collecting loads of coins

Their are also continuity nodes like in the stonks "having a big spike in 2013 (nsmb2) "and "rubies prices have rised, little girl became billionaire", "yoshi has been acquired of tax fraud"

Anyway I just think it a funny idea, don't you
Imagine trying to do your job as a news caster but these mean racers just fly by with their loud engines and make you impossible to hear. Just wanna talk about the weather, damn it.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Imagine trying to do your job as a news caster but these mean racers just fly by with their loud engines and make you impossible to hear. Just wanna talk about the weather, damn it.
Yeah but they are also the papsrazi so they deserve it

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
"BREAKING NEWS: The Serial Blorber has been caught and identified. The name of the culprit is-!"

V R O O M

"Oh, for crying out loud!"
Breaking news: unidentified young female has been on the run for keeping slaves for profit

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Bowser parks in front of the camera and yells "fake news" before continuing on with the race.
Caster quits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom