• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
K. Rool:
Kaptain K. Rool

Credit to Pavlovs-Walrus for the art.

Daisy:
Tennis outfit (how have we been that long without submitting a Daisy skin?)

I did want to create something original, but filling these glaring ommisions was more important (and I do have an idea for a Nabbit skin I could submit at a later date - not gonna say much except that it's a subtle tribute to one of the all-time great bunnies)

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job 28:
Kamek: Kamella
maxresdefault (4).jpg

This might be the only other version of Kamek I've seen.

Yoshi: Boshi
1623432225636.png

A classic character that's part of the Yoshi species. I wish he'd appear more often instead of being stuck in Super Mario RPG.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Costume 1: Jumpman (Mario)

1623434298228.png

The Popeye-like incarnation of the Mario, Jumpman is the protagonist of Donkey Kong, no doubt one of the most popular arcade games in history.

Costume 2: Sergeant Funky
1623432487209.png

This version of Funky is one you see in Donkey Kong 64, and since K. Tool opened the floodgates for Rareware-era Donkey Kong-tent, what say we dig up some more from that era?

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
I'd love King Dad, but if Metal Head DK was a no-go, the king of kool kartoons probably wouldn't be either.
Guess I'll have to choose another.

Costume 1: King Koopa (Bowser)
View attachment 318639
The Mario cartoon was...weird, to say the least, but the internet has had an attachment to this series since the dawn of YouTube Poops.
I just submitted this and it's probably a no-go, it'd be nice if it could be accepted though.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
(Damn Smashboards forgetting to notify me on thread updates...)
Job 28: Metal Mario & Dry Bowser

Two characters that have no business being separate on the character select screen from their more organic counterparts. They do have their fans though, so I feel like this'd be a good compromise. Mario Kart Arcade GP DX has Dry Bowser as an alt for Bowser too, so it's not like this is completely without precedent.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
250px-KingbooSunshine.jpg

Sunshine King Boo
I think all characters should have at least one alt so this could be king boo s alt, its goofy yes but it has its charm
MKT_Artwork_PinkGoldPeach.png

Pink Gold Peach
The meme herself, she would work better as an alt and not an individual driver, she has a cool design at least and she is infamous so bringing her as an alt would work

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Our Next costumes

Kaptain K. Rool for K. Rool Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Tennis Daisy for Daisy
Boshi for Yoshi Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace
Sergeant Funky for Funky GolisoPower GolisoPower
Dry Bowser Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
Sunshine King Boo Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Pink Gold Peach

We have to vote to add either Jumpman or Metal Mario as a costume for Mario

Kamella is disqualified as Costumes are meant to be outfits and not character replacments, Kamella would be better suit for the Character Clone Job.

Job 29

Submit a character that is a clone of a character already on the roster

Clones would share the same stats and special item but would have potentially different sounds and animations.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 29: Donkey Kong Jr. (Clone of Diddy Kong)

DK Jr. was there from the series's humble beginnings in Super Mario Kart... and never appeared since. (Tour only half-counts since he's 8-bit in that game.) He and Diddy have similar enough proportions/sizes that having him has a clone would only be natural.

Fun Fact: DK Jr. was planned to be playable in Double Dash before being replaced by Diddy Kong, evidenced by early character selection icons in the game's files!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 29: Game & Watch Mario
1623601171951.png

This incarnation of Mario is actually from a minigame from the Game & Watch line of LCD games, which was later ported to the GBA in the Game & Watch Galleries. You play as both him and Luigi in a factory in the goal of delivering packages on conveyer belts. Miss three times and it's game over. Having a Game & Watch-like character in Mario Kart is something that's never been done before, but after looking through, I'm all for it!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 29: Imajin
View attachment 318858
Now you're probably wondering: who the hell could he be a clone of? Why the answer is simple, my friend: the big man himself, Mario!

See, Imajin's game, Doki Doki Panic, was released here in the west as Super Mario Bros. 2, with Imajin and his family being replaced with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. It would be an interesting way to teach people SMB2's surprising origins, while also spicing up the roster.
Unfortunately We voted to exclude non-mario content in the base game I would say this counts as "Non-Mario" content but there is absolutely a gray zone, I am curious what others think.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Unfortunately We voted to exclude non-mario content in the base game I would say this counts as "Non-Mario" content but there is absolutely a gray zone, I am curious what others think.
Ah, alright. Lemme just dig around for a different one.

EDIT: Found one!
EDIT 2: Nevermind...
EDIT 3: Scratch that Nevermind, I found one!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Due to rumors that Nintendo's Presentation will leak ahead of time, I will probably not be very active on this site tomorrow, So I'm going to drop an extra job.

Job 30

Submit 2 characters that share a special item.

This can be a combo of 2 characters with a new special item, 2 old with an old item 1 old 1 new or whatever as long as they share that item together.

you're submitting 2 characters and 1 special item.

Job 29 is still open.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #30 Vivian and Ashley & Red

Item: Invisibility Curse

Vivian places a gemstone on the ground, this will turn anyone who drives into it invisible and slightly slower - not invincible however: items, walls, and hazards can still hit. There are no dust cloud/spark particles, shadows, wheels, or any other visible elements to guide the curse's victim and any other racers will phase through them, meaning they have only the camera and the occasional bump to rely on. They can gain and use items, but cannot see what they are until using them. Although the psychological effects would be impossible to apply to a CPU, this is negated by having a CPU's difficulty decrease slightly upon being cursed.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job #30: Foreman Spike & Hammer Bro
1623642876862.png
1623642891071.png

New Item:
1623642946627.png

Hammer: A unique item split between Foreman Spike & Hammer Bro, the Hammer is an item that smashes apart all items aimed at you from behind, as well as any opponent you run into. Effectively a cross between the Power Star and the Piranha Plant Pot, the Hammer allows you to smash your way through obstacles without so much as a care in the Mushroom Kingdom.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #30: Klump and Krusha
E01B164F-88B0-4179-8B9D-485FE4E01D34.png
B88F44A1-7DAF-4482-BDC1-5E92AD0D0879.png

New Item: Kremling Kannon
6B0A178E-6D3A-4E55-B8AC-BA3BA323997D.jpeg

The Kremling Kannon fires kannonballs at other racers. The Kannon will launch a barrage of kannonballs up into the air to rain down on racers or obstacles in your path. The Kannon’s kannonballs control like a normal green shell, you have to aim by moving your kart just right to hit your target. Even if you miss your target, it will cause nearby drivers to have their screen shake a little by the impact on the ground.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 30: Wiggler & T'wiggler

Go-Karting as a caterpillar is the single best idea Nintendo has ever come up with in their entire existence. Shame they only used it once. Time to fix that (In more ways than one)!

Wiggler
Slightly changed from MK7. It looks the same as in MK7 when driving (four segments), but when performing tricks, it reveals a hidden fifth segment to better match its appearance in its official art.

Still gets angry when hit!

T’wiggler
Tropical Wiggler from Super Mario Odyssey makes its spinoff debut in Mario Kart 9! This little dude is calmer than its older cousin and can extend and contract its body for various tricks, putting on a colorful show for everyone!

Made some concept art a while ago for these two to prove to everyone that I'm not insane for wanting this:

wigglerkarttrue2al1.png

Still craving copious quantities of caterpillar content in your conspicuously chaotic kart competition? Then you'll probably enjoy their new Special Item!
Special Item: Squiggler

(The only babies that should be in Mario Kart are the ones you can use as weapons.)

When activated, two karts matching your kart appear and trail behind you, turning your kart into a sort of “train” and increasing your total weight. Your vehicle essentially becomes a Wiggler!

The two segments serve as protection; segments disappear after being hit. Just keep in mind that you’re still vulnerable from the front.

Significantly less polished concept art that I rushed to create but still does the job:
squiggler.png

EDIT: Added a missing image

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 30: Wiggler & T'wiggler

Go-Karting as a caterpillar is the single best idea Nintendo has ever come up with in their entire existence. Shame they only used it once. Time to fix that (In more ways than one)!

Wiggler
Slightly changed from MK7. It looks the same as in MK7 when driving (four segments), but when performing tricks, it reveals a hidden fifth segment to better match its appearance in its official art.

Still gets angry when hit!

T’wiggler
Tropical Wiggler from Super Mario Odyssey makes its spinoff debut in Mario Kart 9! This little dude is calmer than its older cousin and can extend and contract its body for various tricks, putting on a colorful show for everyone!

Made some concept art a while ago for these two to prove to everyone that I'm not insane for wanting this:

View attachment 319096

Still craving copious quantities of caterpillar content in your conspicuously chaotic kart competition? Then you'll probably enjoy their new Special Item!
Special Item: Squiggler

(The only babies that should be in Mario Kart are the ones you can use as weapons.)

When activated, two karts matching your kart appear and trail behind you, turning your kart into a sort of “train” and increasing your total weight. Your vehicle essentially becomes a Wiggler!

The two segments serve as protection; segments disappear after being hit. Just keep in mind that you’re still vulnerable from the front.

Significantly less polished concept art that I rushed to create but still does the job:
View attachment 319097
If Wiggler gets in, we need Angry Wiggler alone as an alt.

Top Bottom