• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Returning:
Lightning Cloud
POW Block

(I love Chain Chomp but I feel he'd make a better special item...)

New:
Magic Cape
Power Balloon

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Probably not a relevant time to discuss this, but maybe we could do the drop down thing we're doing with the Koopalings for the babies?
I honestly second this. Having Baby Mario and Baby Peach as partners and having Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy be drop-downs from them respectively would be a great course of action to cut down on roster fluff.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I don't want to restart the vote so if you voted for the Ice Flower, Please select another one in the new item category and the Ice Flower will be added as a part of the retro item section if you want it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 20 Results

Returning
Boo Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 7
POW Block ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 5
Chain Chomp GolisoPower GolisoPower 2
Thunder Cloud Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 1
Ice Flower Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 1

New
Double Cherry Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 7
Magic Cape ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 4
Power Balloon GolisoPower GolisoPower 1

Apologies for the voting round, I was a bit of a doof.

Job #21 Submit a Driver with a special item in tow.

Submit a driver and their special item, the character or item can be new or a veteran and the Special item can apply to multiple fighters as long as they don't have one already.

you can submit the same character as long as the special item is different.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #21

Vivian. Yes, again. I think I've submitted her like 4 out of 6 submissions at this point

Item: Invisibility Curse

Vivian places a gemstone on the ground, this will turn anyone who drives into it invisible and slightly slower - not invincible however: items, walls, and hazards can still hit. There are no dust cloud/spark particles, shadows, wheels, or any other visible elements to guide the curse's victim and any other racers will phase through them, meaning they have only the camera and the occasional bump to rely on. They can gain and use items, but cannot see what they are until using them. Although the psychological effects would be impossible to apply to a CPU, this is negated by having a CPU's difficulty decrease slightly upon being cursed.

Edit: changed to a gemstone to distinguish from Wart's potion.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1620412151504.png

King Boo

We already have our toe in the Luigi's Mansion content, let's go deeper in, bois!

Item: Dark Crown
1620412239600.png

King Boo powers his crown up and searches for a target. If there is a racer in range, you'll fire a bolt of lightning that's near-instant and deals damage. This lightning bolt can be aimed in front of him, on the side of him, or behind him. If you hold the Item Use button for 2 seconds, you can charge even more power and if you manage to hit anybody it shrinks them like a Lightning Bolt item.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 21: Petey Piranha

Special Item: Spike Ball
When activated, two Spike Balls roll around your Kart (similarly to how Triple Shells rotate).
Each spike ball can eat two hits before disappearing.
When thrown, they act like smaller versions of Bowser shells; they can hit multiple opponents without breaking and bounce off walls.

Overall it's a nice, versatile tool suitable for both offensive and defensive play.
spikeball.png

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #21:

Character: Stork
B4B5FE06-1054-4E9D-B80C-C24E15D720BE.png

The Stork is a major character in the Mario universe. The Stork was responsible for delivering Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Wario, and Baby Donkey Kong to their own parents. Sadly in the Yoshi’s Island series, the stork gets overshadowed by Yoshi and the babies. I think it’s time for the Stork to get the respect he deserves, by becoming a racer. The Stork would be a really cool surprise inclusion and would give the Yoshi’s Island series in Mario Kart a new character (that is not a baby version of a popular Mario character).

Special Item: Delivery Bag
58DA0611-82C0-4D6C-8D8E-6668E32D9134.png

In the Yoshi Island series, the Stork delivers the babies in their own delivery bags by hanging on to the Stork’s beak. My idea is that the Stork will be able to hold the bag in it’s beak and stretch it’s neck out to catch an item laying on the ground or attached to other karts, as long as the Stork can get it’s neck close enough. The Stork could then use the item on it’s enemies and take credit for it. Due to the delivery bag’s size, it can only be used once for one item.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Alright... let's see how this goes.

Job #21
1620446895603.png

1-UP Mushroom

I'm not making a mistake. This is our racer. Crash Team Racing added their own little cube thing to the track. So why can't Mario add its own unconventional driver?

Neglected long enough from being an item in Mario Kart. The little mushroom takes the wheel to teach these drivers what they were missing out on.

Special item: Rogue Box

As part of the item fellowship, instead of the item box doing its job and delivering a random item to 1-UP, it will catch a ride with it and deliver several items in succession for a short amount of time, or after a set amount of uses. Type of items received correspond to your placement in the race, so don't expect triple reds in first.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Alright... let's see how this goes.

Job #21

Fake Item Box

I'm not making a mistake. This is our racer. Crash Team Racing added their own little cube thing to the track. Why not Mario?

Its absense from the item rotation explained as it's taken time off to hone its racing skills to enact revenge on all those annoying drivers who threw him around and called him a worthless item.

Special item: Rogue Box

Instead of the item box doing its job and delivering a random item to FiB, it will catch a ride with it and deliver several items in succession for a short amount of time, or after a set amount of uses. Type of items received correspond to your placement in the race, so don't expect triple reds in first.
I like the idea of having a silly joke character, but I think FIB (fitting acronym, not gonna lie) is a little derivative of the crate. I do have my own idea for a joke character, and assuming FIB doesn't make the cut I may submit it at some point.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I like the idea of having a silly joke character, but I think FIB (fitting acronym, not gonna lie) is a little derivative of the crate. I do have my own idea for a joke character, and assuming FIB doesn't make the cut I may submit it at some point.
Yeah, fair concern. My next idea was the 1-Up Mushroom but then I can't have the cheesy backstory lol

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job 21:

Pianta

We've already had Shine Runners and Shine Thief as well as Delfino Square and several tracks where these lovely people appear, so why not have them join the race?

Item: Rocket Nozzle

This item works almost like a rogue bomb, where it flies up into the air and falls down with F.L.U.D.D. attached to it. The impact shatters the tool and splashes water everywhere. This sends nearby racers flying off to the sides and high in the air only a little bit higher than a blue shell would send them. If it hits a racer head-on, they'll be sent even higher in the air.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

New Racer Lanky Kong
He has no style, he has no grace
This kong is a mid weight
He is good at handling when he needs to
Unless turning is not for you

New Item
Oranga Baloon (Or P balloon if this item is uses by multible racers)
He can inflate himself just like a balloon and can fly without going over a glider ramp, it lasts for 5 seconds and is lacking in good turning as balance

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Yeah, fair concern. My next idea was the 1-Up Mushroom but then I can't have the cheesy backstory lol
Yeah I feel like FiB kind of... feels like it's ripping off Crash's idea? I do like the idea of an unconventional character like that though. I agree with the mushroom idea, I feel it suits the whole "Mario" thing better anyways.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah I feel like FiB kind of... feels like it's ripping off Crash's idea? I do like the idea of an unconventional character like that though. I agree with the mushroom idea, I feel it suits the whole "Mario" thing better anyways.
My idea was an SMB cartridge - or some other meta thing like that. Maybe a Mario Land or 64 cartridge would work better given the Game Boy and 64's well-known amount of multi-coloured cartridges.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Should I pull back the FiB and make it the mushroom then, ya think? No issue with me.
My idea was an SMB cartridge - or some other meta thing like that. Maybe a Mario Land or 64 cartridge would work better given the Game Boy and 64's well-known amount of multi-coloured cartridges.
It's the NES console with the game on it. Cartridge ejects and returns when doing tricks and stuff.

Edit: Changed FiB to 1-Up Mushroom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom